Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-24-20, 05:13 PM  
sherry7899

Jen, they are open Friday and Saturday this week. That is what I just said . The only day they are closed is on Thanksgiving.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 03:19 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Jen, they are open Friday and Saturday this week. That is what I just said . The only day they are closed is on Thanksgiving.
Sorry. I read it wrong. Not the best days. I'm so sorry. Thankyou so much - and I'm so happy I'll be able to mail!! Thankyou!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 06:04 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Sorry. I read it wrong. Not the best days. I'm so sorry. Thankyou so much - and I'm so happy I'll be able to mail!! Thankyou!!
It's okay! Hugs.

Old 11-25-20, 07:23 AM  
sherry7899

May I ask that people please post when they have received packages even if they are waiting to open them? There is a lot of nervousness about the mail this year, so it would be appreciated if you could let people know the package was actually received.

Thank you!
Sherry

Old 11-25-20, 08:54 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
May I ask that people please post when they have received packages even if they are waiting to open them? There is a lot of nervousness about the mail this year, so it would be appreciated if you could let people know the package was actually received.

Thank you!
Sherry
Usually I wait to open...not sure I can this year, lol.

But YES, I will definitely post when I get my package!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 08:28 AM  
Demeris

Oooooh!!!

The AGONY!!!

I mailed my secret santa package on the 20TH, and I have watched it sit, 90 miles from its destination, for the past 6 days. Finally, it's moving again.

Frankly, I thought they lost it. Then I had uncharitable thoughts about postal workers who may have decided they might want what's in the package and took it for themselves. I had even researched how to start a search inquiry. Oy, the AGONY!
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 08:48 AM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Oooooh!!!

The AGONY!!!

I mailed my secret santa package on the 20TH, and I have watched it sit, 90 miles from its destination, for the past 6 days. Finally, it's moving again.

Frankly, I thought they lost it. Then I had uncharitable thoughts about postal workers who may have decided they might want what's in the package and took it for themselves. I had even researched how to start a search inquiry. Oy, the AGONY!

I'm so sorry. I work for the PO (currently acting postmaster) if I can help track something, let me know. I'm not a magician but I can try. I know that we've had a large number of covid cases recently. I know we're all tired of hearing that excuse, but my home station had a couple of cases and the clerks have worked 10-12 hour days with zero days off for a month. Even Sundays

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 09:29 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post

I'm so sorry. I work for the PO (currently acting postmaster) if I can help track something, let me know. I'm not a magician but I can try. I know that we've had a large number of covid cases recently. I know we're all tired of hearing that excuse, but my home station had a couple of cases and the clerks have worked 10-12 hour days with zero days off for a month. Even Sundays
Thank you, that's a generous offer. The package is currently in transit to its destination. It moved, from what I can tell, a mile and a half yesterday but is NOW on its way to my giftee. She should get it by the end of the week!

I kept telling myself to calm down, that it had stopped over Thanksgiving holiday, and there were probably a million perfectly legitimate reasons it hadn't moved.

I will, however, keep your offer in mind in case I have any problems in the future.

Sometimes I hate having tracking available. It's often more maddening than helpful. A few weeks ago, I watched the UPS truck, with their 'Follow Your Delivery' map option, stop at a neighbor's, then drive back to the UPS lot 40 miles away, still carrying my package. The next morning, a UPS email informed me there had been 'Severe Weather' that had stalled my package delivery (I guess a bright, sunshiny day might be severe weather when you forget to drop off a package).
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 09:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I kept telling myself to calm down, .....

Sometimes I hate having tracking available. It's often more maddening than helpful....
I could have written this myself...I sent something that posted an update from Greenville SC to Knoxville TN then to Asheville...

And don't get me started on the nail biting over the international shipping..it went to Miami and evidently took a jaunt along the coast for a bit hehe.
I had visions of my individual packages all being opened and my giftee getting a big box of bubblewrap and shredded Christmas paper and broken containers I kept looking at the tracking saying " GEEZ leave Miami already!!"

I felt so ridiculous fretting like that....haha

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 11:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

That happened to me last year. I finally called the PO and waited on hold for hours only to be told my postmaster had circled a survey number instead of a tracking number. Even then, the tracking number showed it held up somewhere for a long time. It was such a relief when my giftee received it!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020 holiday wish list, gift exchange, holiday gift exchange