Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-20, 10:36 AM  
seabliss

Feeling better today! Yesterday I was asking DH if I would ever get my energy back, but today I have a lot more energy. Hopefully I will be able to check back in later with a workout. We are planning to decorate for Christmas today and I have some cooking to do.

Cynthia, speaking of pumpkin, I've been making healthy pumpkin oat muffins lately, like these. They are easy to make, gluten free, sweetened only a little with maple syrup, and my family loves them. I like to have one with a little almond butter for breakfast.

Cheryl
Old 11-28-20, 09:22 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thanks, Cheryl! I have an idea for tomorrow's breakfast. Glad you're feeling better.

Ah the joy of movement! I had a nice long oceanview walk. Later did 20 min Cardio Barre.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 10:03 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 35 minute outdoor walk

We got together with my friend for round 2 Thanksgiving dinner. I had a lot going on so it was a challenge to get the walk in. I was able to walk while some foods were cooking.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 06:43 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-29-20, 10:13 AM  
seabliss

Last night I did end up doing a workout - Bodyfit by Amy's Low Impact Cardio HIIT. I like the cardio moves in this one (e.g., lunge to the side, then pull knee up). They are fun and not jarring.

I'll hopefully be back later with today's check in. Have a great day!

Cheryl
Old 11-29-20, 01:28 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I did Barreamped this morning. I hope to ride the recumbent bike later for stress relief. I probably shouldn't use cbd or alcohol for the pain today so I'm keeping busy to ignore it.

I cooked spaghetti and soup for leftovers. I had to fight with my shoulder and wrists to get the pasta in the colander. That's the second time I almost dumped it on the floor so I better let the man cook for the next few months when he's here.

I washed Jerry's flannel shirts that I kept so I can wear them after surgery. I live in t-shirts and sweats. I don't own anything that buttons up the front so these will have to do. I'll wear his favorite so it will feel like he's with me tomorrow.

My friend who took Jerry to chemo is taking me to surgery and bringing me home. I'm supposed to have someone with me for 24 hours after surgery but there's no one to do that. My SO will be here Wednesday and stay for almost two weeks. We met on Halloween last year and sometime last December he requested my birthday week as vacation this year. It worked out great even tho his plan for my birthday went to pot.

Must stop messing around and get things done.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 03:41 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 45 minutes and will have my normal Yin class streamed later today.

Linda, will be thinking of you for your surgery tomorrow. Great Jerry will be with you in spirit and your SO shortly after as well. I know you are going to do great.

Cheryl, glad you are feeling better.

Cynthia, sounds like muffins for you! I have been living on these muffins. Mash 2 bananas, add 2 eggs, 1/2 cup Kodiak cakes protein packed blueberry muffin mix, some blueberries (c. 1/2 cup), pour into 6 greased/floured (I spray with that Pam flour/oil stuff) muffin cups, cook at 400 degrees for around 15-18 minutes. Very low point on WW.

Waves to Diana.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 04:14 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Linda, will be holding you in prayer.

Cheryl, I enjoyed those gluten free pumpkin muffins today -- I had leftover pumpkin since I used half a can for my tiny pie. Too bad they're not glutton-free! Thanks for the recipe.

Lynn, now I need to get some kodiak mix! I'll look forward to that recipe.

Hi to Diana.

Cardio Barre is just right for me now. Did the 37 min workout today.

Later: nice afternoon & I took a walk in the park, which has a hiking trail.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 04:44 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Too bad they're not glutton-free!
Now that's a good one! Unfortunately one I can relate to.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-29-20, 07:42 PM  
seabliss

I'm back after doing Heather Robertson's Upper Body Toning // No Repeats Workout. No walk as it's been pretty miserable outside all day. Tomorrow there is a snowflake on the weather app for the entire day. We'll see--it's not supposed to stick, because it's not cold enough yet.

Linda, praying for you with your surgery! Please check back in when you have recovered enough to let us know how things went. Glad your SO is coming Wednesday. May Jerry's shirt bring you great luck.

Lynn, thanks for that recipe! I'm going to get some of that Kodiak mix too. I don't eat eggs so I'm always hunting for something with protein for breakfast.

Cynthia, glad you liked the muffins! There are a lot of those pumpkin oat recipes out there. I have been trying different ones and tweaking them. I like a bit more spice in my muffins, for example.

Diana, how is your DH doing? Is he going to get the hand surgery?

Cheryl