Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-20, 04:28 PM  
lavna

Hello Wautlans!

Wow, I hadn't realized I heven't posted since last Tuesday! How time flies! Just a quick check-in today as I have to go and pick up my son!

Thanks all for your compliments on my English! I do my best to get it right.

Today, was total body but I had a hard time deciding whant to do. Put in Perfect30 LB but pulled it out because the warmup didn't agree with me today. Then tried High reps, same thing! I finally settled on Live 305 Heavy weights legs followed by S&S TBGS UB only. My legs are still feeling it. I think I'll have trouble walking tomorrow!

ChelePA: Your daughter has a lot going these days: her operation and her upcomoing test. I hope it goes well!

I'll try to post more soon!
Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 05:01 PM  
manleym

Kim, we would NEVER, EVER cut our trees. That's one of the reasons we bought the house. Our alley is on a creek with a TON of trees (and all kinds of critters). We have a sunroom that looks over the creek and an iron fence, so I spend alot of time in the sunroom loving the trees and watching the critters. In fact, when I'm typing a really long post, more often than not I'm in the sunroom.

Kim, ChelePA, and Nathalie I haven't done 30/30 yet, so all of you saying it's the easiest of the 3 makes me say, "WHEW!" I really like Double Wave Pyramid and did it quite a bit for a great cardio workout. So it's good to know that 30/30 seems to be between 40/20 and DWP.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 06:41 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday Watulans!!

I'm with Manleym and sighing a 'phew' that 30/30 gets an 'easy' reputation. That's JUST FINE by me, hah!! These are all new to me so I'm learning as I go. Manleym, I too love trees and critters so I'll be right over, hah! My favorite critter to coax to our back patio is hummingbirds which we've been very successful with the last two years. I just adore watching them all spring and summer long!

Nathalie, you crack me up with your Goldilocks workout day! You persevered and got through anyway, so good on you! And yes, your English is phenomenal!

Kim, AWWWWWW on Finley's feather!!! I'm with you, love hearing about Cataddict's and your cat stories (and everyone else too)!

Gals, today was a repeat of Angie Gorr's Ultimate Sweat and Tone, the 88-minute total video. It was a bit easier than last week simply for knowing what to expect but NOT easy at all, really! Still a very tough sweat fest, sheesh! Tomorrow starts STS Meso 1, Week 3, woohoo!!

Soooo whoever it was that recommended The Queen's Gambit on Netflix, I have to thank you because I just started it and AM HOOKED. I don't even know squat about chess! And now I see The Crown season 4 is out too. UG, too much to watch, so little time, right?

Waves to all of you, hope you're enjoying what's left of the weekend and staying fierce!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 09:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi, fierce friends!

I forgot to mention that I followed STS Legs on Friday with CIA 2702, a hi/lo workout with Kim Miller. Lots of fun and some different moves. Yesterday I did Marcus Irwin's Airborne again. Also lots of fun! Today was Christi's Hi Lo Heaven. One of my favorites. I just love the guys in the workout! Tomorrow it's back to STS Meso 1 Week 3 along with kittymax! I'm in for doing 30/30 on Thursday. I like the Pyramid workout the best of the three, but I agree 30/30 is the "easiest" of the three. Maybe we do Pyramid the following week unless you've done it already?

Nathalie, I've done exactly what you have with just "not being in the mood" and starting several different workouts before I find one I want to do.

horusosiris and manley, we love Victoria too! I read that the actors wanted to take a break so it would be longer between seasons, and then COVID-19 so who knows how long it will be. Did you guys know the actors who play Victoria and Albert are dating IRL?

Kim and manley, my DH decided to hire a lawn service and for the first time we won't be doing Leaf Max ourselves. We have probably 12-15 big trees in our yard, all at least 50 feet high. Most are oaks, and we have a whole lot of leaves. The yard guys will probably do 3 passes through the season til all have come down. The worst and last to fall are from the Willow Oak since they are skinny and hardest to rake. That tree is probably 75 feet tall so there were a whole lot of leaves from that big boy. I can't say I'll really miss raking. But even if we still had to do it it's worth it. We love the trees and the wildlife that live in them--squirrels, possums, raccoons, ducks and of course the "regular" birds. We also have a feral cat family that we caught and fixed almost 10 years ago. They are fat and sassy and don't seem to care at all about the other creatures hanging around.

kittymax, I was actually okay with the ball wall squats without the weights even when I raised my leg. I just couldn't get the right position with the weights for that to work right. I'll have to try it when I'm not actually doing it in a hurry.

Kim, cute story about Finley! Cats seem to go crazy over certain things, don't they? I think Japanese maples have red leaves in the fall. There are quite a few of those around here.

manley, thanks for the encouragement! I'll have to think about what Patrick might be comparable in complexity to Christi's Totally Hot Cardio. His dance workouts are pretty complicated for sure, but his step seems a bit "easier" to me. I think I'm also used to his style as well.

Waving to all! Hope we have a great week!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 01:00 PM  
ChelePA

I can tell how much you ladies love your pets! My daughter has been asking for a dog for the past year. My husband and I were adamant with a no. Traveling, allergies etc. Recently, we had a long talk and think it would be really good for our daughter’s mental health. So we are in touch with a breeder for a Havanese puppy. I wish we could adopt from a shelter but unfortunately with our allergies we need a purebred. I’ve been doing research and I realize it’s going to be like having an infant again for several months. Fun stuff! Definitely worth it for our daughter. Plus she knows that this is her puppy and will be taking most of the responsibility.

The leaves are officially off all of our trees. We had beautiful changes in color this fall. I planned on finishing the raking but the wind was so crazy that it wasn’t even worth it yesterday.

I took a cue from kittybug and have done premixes from KPC/Legs and Glutes the past 2 days. Sunday I did the kickboxing plus cardio drills that ended with ankle weight leg work. Today I did combos 1-3 with weighted gloves. The high step circuit chapter is after each combo then it finished with abs. I miss the days of Cathe doing these type of premixes. They are awesome!

Also Kat has a new step video on her YouTube channel. Again the moves are very basic but at a much faster pace. The routine is about an hour long. Her cats made a few appearances I really enjoyed it!

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 01:57 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

O-M-G what a weekend of soreness.

Wed I mentioned that I shoveled the driveway. Day #1 of sore.
Then Thursday hubby decided he wanted to cut down an old 40 foot spruce tree in our front yard. Leaning towards the house and was HUGE. So he operated the chain saw and I cleared brush and moved logs. Day #2 of SORE.

By Thurs night I was really stiff and sore. I literally worked for hours on the drive and then on that tree. It was so big I still have tons of brush to move but I just gave it a rest over the weekend.

Friday I did do Cathe's ICE To The Mat: Legs & Glutes Mix 4. Thank goodness that one was fairly easy. And my legs felt stronger than my upper body. The core work was super good.

Today was Cathe's ICE Boot Camp Circuit Mix 5. Fun stuff and I definitely feel a lot more recovered from last week.

So my lesson learned is this: thank goodness I exercise every day or I would not have made it through all that shoveling and brush clearing. Hubby said if I was sore then he didn't feel so bad.

NOTE: ICE is fun but even lifting heavier this is still a very intermediate set for me. But fun and I'll finish out the week with ICE.

Are you still being fierce? I'm watching you! ;-)

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 02:06 PM  
ChelePA

Wow Kate!!!! Ice is perfect for me. I can lift a little heavier for some exercises but I definitely find it a challenge especially with those Blizzard Blasts. I’m super impressed!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 02:53 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Monday Morning, Watulans!

Oh Nathalie, I can relate to your Cinderella moment. I hate it when that happens with a workout choice! I try to pick the night before to head that off, but it doesn't always work.

manleym, your sunroom sounds lovely! We have a screened mudroom and when we first moved here I thought it would be a great place to hang out sort of like that. In reality it is a place to store a lot of outdoor stuff and it gets full of dust and cobwebs in a big hurry. So I'm envious!

kittybug, after the way you talked about that Angie Gorr I thought you might never do it again.

cataddict, Thursday works for me for 30/30 -- I'll be there with you! I'd love to try the DWP again too. Maybe that for next week?

Chele, very exciting that you'll be getting a dog! You'll have to share pictures. Sounds like you're going to get a puppy even. Yes, it's a fair bit of work, though I imagine these days with so many houses having people home most of the day it makes it much more manageable. I think that'll be a great thing for your daughter. I'm excited for you!

Oh, sheesh, Kate, I am sore just reading about all your tree work and shoveling. Yikes!! I'm also impressed with your ICE fierceness -- ICE and LITE are pretty good sweet spots for me these days, though I have managed to find ways to make just about any Cathe workout "work" for me. You are amazing!

Let's see..... yesterday I did CrossTrain 10 10 10 and then Vytas Deepen Your Practice Hips -- I'm going to try to go through that series. I really liked the Hips practice and felt great after. Today was CrossTrain All Step and Deepen Your Practice Core. OMG, that was way too hard for me. So many moves I couldn't even do. If I repeat these I need to find an easier core practice to do instead of that. Actually that reminds me that the Hips practice had things I couldn't do -- you know, legs wrapped around the back of the head -- that kind of thing -- but at least he started with something easier that I stuck with. Oh, and I agree with Kate and others who like the weight work on the CrossTrain series -- it's so straightforward.

Waves to Kim, Linda, and any other fierce Watulans I have missed!
Old 11-16-20, 03:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I can tell how much you ladies love your pets! My daughter has been asking for a dog for the past year. My husband and I were adamant with a no. Traveling, allergies etc. Recently, we had a long talk and think it would be really good for our daughter’s mental health. So we are in touch with a breeder for a Havanese puppy. I wish we could adopt from a shelter but unfortunately with our allergies we need a purebred. I’ve been doing research and I realize it’s going to be like having an infant again for several months. Fun stuff! Definitely worth it for our daughter. Plus she knows that this is her puppy and will be taking most of the responsibility.
ChelePA I applaud the dog for your daughter but I am passing along an option for you to consider to still rescue an animal that fits your needs

https://www.rescuedhavanese.org/

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 06:47 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday, Watulans!!

STS Meso 1, Week 3 Legs was today, yippeeee!!

Bee, I did have a bit of dread factor before attempting Miss Gorr's workout again but it's such a wonderful burner and I like to 'pre-exhaust' my legs with it before STS leg day. So I've adopted it for my Suffer Sundays for a while, hah!

ChelePA, I so agree on Cathe's older premixes! And a DOGGIEEEEE!!! Yes, when it's time, you simply must share pics of the adorableness.

KateTT, your Yard Max just exhausts me to even read about! I'm gonna hafta rename you Wonder Kate.

Cataddict, third time must be a charm because I 'got' the ball/wall/squat with the weights today! I figured out I needed my feet a tad more forward than they had been AND I hadn't been pressing my upper back into the ball properly when getting into the squat position to stay fully upright, like I was letting the ball push me forward which was throwing off how I'd pick up the weights. Figuring that out that changed everything today and OUCH, what a burner! I got through all the reps this time though I was still going pretty light to be safe in all ways.

Hope all of you are staying fierce this fine Monday!! Waving at Manleym, Fanofladyvols, Horusosiris, Nathalie, and Kim, did I miss anybody?? Hope not!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in