Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-20, 08:55 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug...are you continuing with the Hiit challenge next week or mixing it up?
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 10:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi guys!

Yesterday I did 40/20 with the group. I was kind of having an "off" day (Kim, I can relate, but I made it through. I didn't use as many risers as Cathe and crew used, but didn't have to modify or take any breaks so yay, me! manley, I didn't feel so fierce! It kicked my butt.

Today was STS Meso 1 Legs and that finishes Week 2! It was tough! I upped my weights from last time on almost all the exercises. The one exercise I didn't like was the wall squats with weights. It was awkward picking up the weights while holding the ball against the wall. Awkward enough that I may not do it again for fear of tweaking something. I had to bend my legs way too much and it seemed like a recipe for injury. I might just need to practice it outside of the workout to see if I just need to change the position either of the ball or the weights on the floor. kittymax or Kate, do you have any tips for this?

bee, I did a pretty circuitous chronological Cathe tour myself, so I understand. LOL at your description of Power Circuit. I also cut some back work when it was bothering me. I also am trying to focus on mobility and flexibility since it does help my aches and pains to do longer and more thorough work in those areas.

Chele, +1 on the UGH to the surgeon. He must not deal with teenage angst to say something like that. I can't say I would have appreciated the joke either. I guess he was trying to lighten the mood, or to make it seem like the surgery was routine and nothing to worry about. Epic fail! I agree with bee that February will be here before we know it! Time seems to pass more quickly during the Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Year's trifecta.

horusosiris, count me in the "avoiding the news" crowd. I rarely watch it, read only bits and pieces, and have generally been keeping my head in the sand for my own well being. It just stresses me out even more to hear fighting and anger and general belligerence that seem to be everywhere these days. I've been watching a lot of Chopped and the Food Network in general as a nice distraction. I look forward to your opinion on the Live Elastic workout. I like using the bands and I'm trying to come up with a list of Live downloads that I might pick up if Cathe has a screaming deal for Black Friday. I'm thinking she might do some more band/loop workouts to kick off her equipment releases.

kittymax, funny story about Cheeto. Big Orange pretty much parks it either on a towel I toss on the floor for him or on the mat at the end of the step until the music slows down (his cue that I'm done). He's not very cooperative during the STS workouts though since he thinks if I'm on the floor or step it means it's time for him to get attention. He does start chomping on my hair if I'm on the step doing chest exercises or abs. Sometimes he even has company, his youngest "brother" sits with him and they stare. And the weather....we had 85 degree weather one day , then it rained for 24 + hours straight. So we set a daily record for temps, then a record for rain since it rained more in the 24 hours than it usually does for the whole month of November! At least the ground was dry so that the small lake that was our backyard (thankfully not close to the house) was gone by the next day.

kittymax, yes, what is your workout assignment for the group to be completed next week? A triathlon?

Waves to Kate, Nathalie, and FOLV.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 11:22 AM  
ChelePA

You ladies rocked 40/20! I love that you can modify and still get an awesome workout.

Today was Perfect Pump Upper Body. I put the bonus before the main workout. I felt like it continued the overall warm up since it hits a few different muscles. The one thing I realized with this workout is that I do not enjoy holding weights while using the band. This technique is scattered in other workouts and I just followed along. But today I increased the band resistance for these exercises. Works much better for me. I’m so glad my husband and daughter bought me the weight bench two years ago. There’s no dread factor getting up and down from the step anymore, especially using these heavy weights. Followed this up with the Mobility workout. Exactly what I needed since I was feeling tight when I woke up this morning.

Off to practice parallel parking with my daughter. Two weeks until her test.

Have a great Saturday!
Old 11-14-20, 01:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday, Watulans!

I love your quotes, Kim, and need them right now, thank you!

I'm SO SORE right now from STS! Goodness, week 2 was definitely harder than week 1. Cataddict, I thought it was just me...I really don't like the ball/wall squat thingy and feel the same way you do, like it's potentially an injury waiting to happen or I need to reposition myself/the weights but haven't figured out how yet! And the only clear wall in my workout area I have to do that move has tile floor, so I don't really want to be setting down metal weights on the tile. I wanted to go light for that so my neoprene-covered 8's are fine but even then, I too feel it's awkward and I feel like I'm in a weird position to pick the weights up, fearing my feet will slip out from under me! By the last couple reps I no longer feel very safe at all so I just do them without the weights and it still really burns my legs out! Yes, Kate, any suggestions on this one?

Glad to hear everyone ROCKED 40/20 and love the mods too for my own future reference!! Sooooo, some things are up in the air next week scheduling wise, but I'm hoping to give 30/30 a shot maybe on Thursday....anyone in?

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 01:25 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Saturday to ALL

Are we doing a workout together next week?

Everyone- thank you so much for all of the movie and series recommendations. DH and I are making a list of what to begin watching next week. I think we are going to begin with The Queen's Gambit.

Season 4 of The Crown begins tomorrow!

I did Cathe Live- Fantastic Elastic today and I really enjoyed it. I placed this workout on my list of 5 stars Cathe Live total body workouts. It was a 46 minute total body workout and only a band and a fitness loop were used. Cathe selected some really good exercises and I felt it. Cathe said that this was a light day workout but I felt my muscles really working. It did not feel light to me. I used a medium tension loop and band.

Manelym- I have PBS passport too. I will have to look up Cobra. I really, really, really want
Victoria season 4 to return to PBS!

Bee - I saw The Theory of Everything when it was first released and I loved it.

Mickey-
I hope you are feeling better. Your quotes brought sunshine to my day. Thanks for them.

Chel- I am hoping that all goes well with your daughter's surgery.

Kittybug and Cataddict- I love the wall/ ball squats in STS. I think they take a bit of getting used to. The first time I did STS I remember feeling awkward doing them.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 02:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, happy Saturday!!

I'd be up for doing a workout together next week -- does anyone have a suggestion? I'm guessing it would be a cardio since people are busy with their own weight stuff. Oh, I just noticed kittybug suggested 30/30 -- I am game for that!!

And speaking of that...... the wall squats with the ball -- yes, awkward! Hard enough to find empty wall space and then getting the weights. I'm not sure I'm remembering it properly but I'm thinking I did whatever I could to get to the weights and then had to reposition a bit once they were in hand. Awkward!

cataddict those weather records are crazy! Wow.

This morning I had limited workout time because of Toastmasters so I did a 40 minute Add One Flow by Byron someone. I really liked it, but the ending was so funny -- he must have really wanted to stick to the 40 minutes because it was basically pose, pose, knees-down-childs-pose-namaste practically all in one breath. I would like to say I'll take a walk later but I have been very lazy this week. Not sure what is going on with me.

That live elastic workout sounds like a good one -- I actually saw the clip for it and it did look good. Chele, I'm not a big fan of weights with band usually, but for some reason I sort of like the way she does it in P30.

Hope everyone has a great day/weekend!!
Old 11-14-20, 05:39 PM  
manleym

Bee thanks for the feedback regarding Udaya vs ID. That was my hunch, so thanks for confirming. That is awesome they gave you the BF deal already! That is a great deal! Yay for you!! I'm going to have to look up The Queen's Gambit as Dash & Lily. We started watching The Crown but don't think we finished it. Not sure why.

Horusosiris, I would LOVE a season 4 of Victoria! That was SO GOOD! There are several other series that we really liked but they were only 1 season. Can't remember them off the top of my head, but we're hoping for more seasons. Oh, Endeavor and Line of Duty are really good too. Thanks for the review of Cathe's Fantastic Elastic workout. Sounds like a download wishlist, or one to do if I get Live. What other total body Lives would you recommend?

ChelePA I'm so sorry ya'll will be in for a rough few weeks. I know this has been so stressful for you and your daughter (and family). Hang in there. We're here for you! We have Social Dilemma on our watchlist but haven't watched it yet.

Kim, I also like the pencil jumps. I think Kelly has them in one of her workouts and I liked them. I hope your weekend is better! I totally get how you've been feeling. I've self-diagnosed myself with SADS. I just don't do as well as we get into winter. So you are not alone!

Cataddict you may not have been feeling fierce, but you are! I didn't use as many risers as Cathe either, but I did have to take breaks and modify! So you are fierce, my friend!!

I'm up for doing workout together next week. KB recommended 30/30, which was what I was thinking too (great minds, my friend!) What day are ya'll thinking? Wanna all try to do it Thursday with Kittybug?

My Fun Friday workout was Patrick Playball in 4. Patrick's "WOOO HOOO!" was just what I needed! I wish his aerobic and step workouts weren't so complicated. Cataddict and Horusosiris, are any of his workouts (either step or aerobics) about the same level as Christi's Totally Hot Cardio?

Today I did KCM Build & Burn Upper Body Super Sets + Kettlebell/Kickbox Fusion. Time FLEW and I got a great workout! I really like this set. Then I did Amy Bento's Stretch 1 from her Abs & Stretch dvd. As I was doing this workout I was thinking, "I hope she does... next" and wadda ya know? She did the move I was hoping for. Yay!

We were going to do Leaf Max today, but it's so windy that it would have been demoralizing. We have 2 HUGE oaks in our front yard that dump ALOT of leaves, so it's a love/hate relationship. I LOVE the trees but HATE the leaves because there.are.just.so.many. I'm sure Bee and KateTT have lots of trees too.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Waves and hugs to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 08:55 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug I'm in for 30/30 next week. Any day works for me. I love that workout! You'll probably think it's a cake walk though, you fierce one! But that's why I like it - it's the easiest workout on the Shock Cardio Hiit DVD.

Manley sorry your LeafMax didn't turn out today. I love trees! We have a few very large ones in our yard but my husband just mulches the leaves up so we don't do any raking. Oaks are so gorgeous! Don't ever cut them, please? I wish we had some that turned really pretty colors in the fall. I don't know what kind they are, but the ones that turn brilliant red are so spectacular. We have large Ash and Maple and they just turn sort of a drab yellow.

Cataddict and Kittybug I love the cat stories. They're so fun! Did I mention that I found a big turkey feather last week while out walking? I brought it home for Finley. He goes NUTS for it! OMG, he leaps straight up about 5 feet in the air to get it. A week later and it's now a spitty, mangled mess.

Tonight I did David Kirsch Ultimate New York Body Plan - this was one in my virgin pile. I already did the main program but tonight I finished up the bonus sections so I can now move it out of my virgin pile. I like these workouts - they're filmed in the sunshine in NYC near the Brooklyn Bridge with the city skyline in the background. Moderate work, nothing too crazy. But he uses a stability ball, medicine ball and light weights so there's lots of variety.

Thanks for the cheery thoughts, everyone. I'm out of my funk from yesterday. You guys rock!
Old 11-14-20, 10:24 PM  
ChelePA

Just stopping by quick to say 30/30 sounds good for next week. It’s my favorite on that DVD. Probably because it’s the easiest. Haha.
Old 11-15-20, 04:14 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Just stopping by quick to say 30/30 sounds good for next week. It’s my favorite on that DVD. Probably because it’s the easiest. Haha.
It's the same for me!!!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in