Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-20, 03:24 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Thursday to ALL!

I loved the week of 70 degrees days. Right now I am wishing for an endless summer!
I have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow. I have not been since the pandemic hit. Actually the office was closed until a few weeks ago. I am a bit leery about going but I guess that I will go.

I have not listened to any news reports in over a week and I do not miss it at all. In fact, I feel much better. I may look at some Netflix movies over the weekend. Anyone have any movie suggestions?

Cataddict - I joined the Cathe 40/20 workout group today. I had not done this workout in a while and I really enjoyed it. I enjoy this Cathe Hiit workout more than the Perfect 30 High Impact workout. I am thinking of using some of the segments of 40/20 in a blender mix.

I am week behind on doing my Cathe Lives workouts, so today I did last week's Live 320 Metabolic Circuit after Cathe's 40/20. This was a good moderate weigh workout. Someone already described it on the forum so I will not. This is an excellent moderate weight circuit workout.

I will do today's Cathe Live workout Fantastic Elastic tomorrow.

Bee- I am glad your back is improving!

Chel -I agree that 40/20 is more difficult than Imax 2

Bee- I think I will have the increased work load until the semester break in December but I am gradually getting used to it. I have less time to exercise but maybe my body needs the break.

Friday and then the weekend. We can do this!!!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 06:44 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm jealous of those of you with the lovely weather! Enjoy it for me, would ya?

Horusosiris, I SO HEAR you on not watching news, etc. What kind of movies do you like? And I was waiting for your Live reports, as usual.

Today I delved back into the past and did Cathe's Kick, Punch, and Crunch plus Legs and Glutes premix, the long 82-minute one that combines both workouts. It does mostly the KPC cardio then starts inserting leg work in between the KPC combos, skipping the first combo, and then it finished with the KPC abs and stretch. Fun grinning sweat fest for me! I was especially grinning (and laughing) at the end because Cheeto, AKA the orange lovebug, decided to sprawl on the floor behind my head and play with my hair during the ab work, and then during the ball roll-ins/ball pikes, he totally supervised me with the funniest look on his face, talking the whole time. Do you know how hard it is to do those while laughing???

Tomorrow (yay Friday!!) will be STS Meso 1, week 2, Back and Triceps, but I probably won't be able to post again until Sunday, so until then, stay fierce, my Watulan friends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 07:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

horusosiris, here are some "late to the party" recommendations.... just the other night I finally watched The "Theory of Everything" -- the Stephen Hawking story. I thought it was pretty well done and enjoyed it. The actor playing him was great. And, I've never seen "Moneyball" but I've always wanted to and I saw that it is leaving netflix at the end of November, so I'm going to try to watch it before it goes away.

Not sure that helps..... these days I mostly watch shows, honestly. Just another example of how many of our attention spans are getting shorter, I guess!!
Old 11-12-20, 07:52 PM  
ChelePA

Netflix recommendations that I recently enjoyed. Not movies but definitely takes your mind off things.
-The Queen's Gambit
-The Great British Baking Show

The Challenger Documentary and Social Dilemma were eye opening. I had a variety of emotions watching both for different reasons. Not ones to cheer you up if that’s what you’re looking for
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 08:23 PM  
manleym

Bee, glad to hear that your back is better. Sorry it’s not 100% yet, but glad you’re taking it easy and doing gentle workouts. I also like Anna Orbison and did some of her practices during my free trial. So I’m starting to ponder which subscriptions I might want if there are any Black Friday deals. Would you choose Inner Dimension or UDAYA?

ChelePA, I also saw the poll of Flex Train vs. PHA. Flex Train was a go-to for me for a LONG time! I REALLY like it! In fact, I like all of the workouts in that 2013 series. It really is a great series. I wonder why Cathe didn’t name it? There are enough workouts in that series. And funny because I ALMOST did Flex Train on Monday. But I did LITE PHA 2 + bonus abs instead. You made me curious about Cathe’s Live workout today, so I went over to Cathe’s forum to view the clip of it – the band workout. Looks like a great, feel-good workout. Hope some of you with Live did it!

Horusosiris, I haven’t listened to a lot of news either, other than our local station, which is depressing enough as it is. And like you, I don’t miss it. In fact, I feel emotionally better when I’m not focused on it. The other night the TV was off during the news hour and it was just so peaceful and quiet. That’s the biggest reason I’m not active on FB or any other social media sites. They’re such huge time sucks and I never leave feeling encouraged or better in any way. We just finished watching COBRA on PBS Passport and it was really good. Before that we watched Musketeers on Prime and it was great! I would totally recommend either series. If anyone else has a movie or series that’s really good, please share! We’re needing something new to watch.

Cataddict, girlfriend – 40/20!!! Me, oh my!! I do think this is top 3 Cathe’s hardest! You and Kittybug are FIERCE doing STS and this crazy hard cardio! Hats off to you both!

I have to admit, I did some modifying. But I liked how flexible it is with intensity, meaning zero to 4 risers to adjust the intensity, and at any level you'll get a good workout. I was ok using 2 risers per side, although I took my time during the breaks, especially to watch the next move before doing it (i.e. buying time). And there were a few moves where I took a break about halfway through for a few seconds because I could tell I was losing my form and didn't want to get hurt. Mainly the straddle jacks, etc. I raised the step to 12 inches, and got about 20 seconds into the butt kicks before lowering the step to 3 risers per side. They were too fast for me with 4 risers. I kept the step at 3 risers per side for the rest of the workout and it was just fine! I didn't jump over the step at the end of the workout either. Just didn't feel safe. There was a nice variety of moves in this workout and the time did go by pretty quickly. This was my first time to do this workout, so thanks ladies for prompting me to it!

What's on tap for next week, oh Fierce ones?

And what is your fun Friday workout? I'm thinking either Patrick or Paul.

Happy almost Friday Fierce Friends! Waves and hugs to KateTT (hope you're not still shoveling snow), FOLVS (no nightmares of hanging laudry), Kim, and Nathalie! Hope I didn't miss anyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 10:55 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

manleym, regarding Udaya vs. Inner Dimension..... even though it's more money (given the sale I got on Inner Dimension), I would go with Udaya. It's just got way more variety and way more content. I know they are working on that over at ID, but it's going to take a while and in the meantime, all their stuff just looks so uniform/the same to me, no matter who is teaching it. I like having the variety of instructors and settings that Udaya gives. I did reach out to them and ask about a Black Friday deal and they went ahead and gave me that price now -- it's $120 for a year. Not too bad especially when I average in the free three months I got (amazing!).

For series recommendations rather than movies..... oh, there are so many! My husband and I are close to finishing up the third and final season of 800 Words on Acorn. They have a free week trial if you want to try it, and it's only $6/month after that. We didn't find much else that grabbed us on Acorn, so I think we'll cancel once we finish 800 Words but we really love that show!! We really feel like we know the characters.

On Netflix, The Queen's Gambit looks promising. Also Dash & Lily for a festive romantic thing set in NYC. I think the next season of The Crown is due out soon, isn't it? I can't remember, but I feel like it was going to be Novemberish but maybe I'm remembering wrong since I haven't seen anything about it lately. Oh, my kid tells me the Sherlock series is good -- well, the first season anyway -- after that it gets a little crazy. I also like the cooking shows for a light change of pace -- Somebody Feed Phil is fun, usually, though sometimes he can get on my nerves if I'm not in the right mood. Sheesh, it's like all I do is watch TV....
Old 11-13-20, 02:08 PM  
ChelePA

Bee...The Queen's Gambit is very good. I really enjoyed it.

Kittybug...I've never really used the premixes on that DVD that combine both workouts. I may try that one this weekend. Sounds good! I like the variety of cardio with leg work.

Manleym...I agree that band workout looks good. Creative moves to add to a lower intensity day.

I started Fun Friday off with Kat's new step video. It is very basic and would be perfect for beginners. She kept it simple since her back is bothering her. Very easy to increase intensity by raising step height or adding power moves. It was about 30 minutes long. It would also work nice with Cathe's Perfect Pump if you are looking to do some lighter cardio after weights. It is somewhat repetitive but that didn't really phase me since I love the music I did it as a warm-up for Ice To the Mat. Floor workouts are my nemesis. I'm hoping some day to conquer this one. I did the premix that adds in Icy Core #2 throughout...flows nicely in this format. I don't find the workout very intermediate...my legs were trembling and I often felt burnt out for many of the moves. I was struggling to finish the side plank clam extension and a few other core exercises at the end. The stretch is short since she stretches you out after each move. Much needed for this one.

Just a little update on my daughter's appointment. Looks like she will have surgery in February. She was doing so well with what to expect until the surgeon jokingly told her he would have to break her nose. Ugh!!! Lucky no other details were provided. It's going to be a rough few weeks. I'm trying to put my anxiety away until it gets closer. I think I have PTSD from her surgery at 2 years of age. We flew out of state for an experimental procedure that reduced the number of surgeries needed in a lifetime. Upon return home, she fell and split her lip open. Locally, they wouldn't do anything for her. We sat in an ER for 10 hours before our surgeon was able to speak with someone regarding what to do. She was very lucky that she healed ok and never needed another surgery until now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 02:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Bee...The Queen's Gambit is very good. I really enjoyed it.

Kittybug...I've never really used the premixes on that DVD that combine both workouts. I may try that one this weekend. Sounds good! I like the variety of cardio with leg work.

Manleym...I agree that band workout looks good. Creative moves to add to a lower intensity day.

I started Fun Friday off with Kat's new step video. It is very basic and would be perfect for beginners. She kept it simple since her back is bothering her. Very easy to increase intensity by raising step height or adding power moves. It was about 30 minutes long. It would also work nice with Cathe's Perfect Pump if you are looking to do some lighter cardio after weights. It is somewhat repetitive but that didn't really phase me since I love the music I did it as a warm-up for Ice To the Mat. Floor workouts are my nemesis. I'm hoping some day to conquer this one. I did the premix that adds in Icy Core #2 throughout...flows nicely in this format. I don't find the workout very intermediate...my legs were trembling and I often felt burnt out for many of the moves. I was struggling to finish the side plank clam extension and a few other core exercises at the end. The stretch is short since she stretches you out after each move. Much needed for this one.

Just a little update on my daughter's appointment. Looks like she will have surgery in February. She was doing so well with what to expect until the surgeon jokingly told her he would have to break her nose. Ugh!!! Lucky no other details were provided. It's going to be a rough few weeks. I'm trying to put my anxiety away until it gets closer. I think I have PTSD from her surgery at 2 years of age. We flew out of state for an experimental procedure that reduced the number of surgeries needed in a lifetime. Upon return home, she fell and split her lip open. Locally, they wouldn't do anything for her. We sat in an ER for 10 hours before our surgeon was able to speak with someone regarding what to do. She was very lucky that she healed ok and never needed another surgery until now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Just had to hop in here real quick....UG on that surgeon!!!! Hugs to you, Chele...hang in there. I'm sorry all of this is happening right now on top of everything else!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 04:57 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh wow, Chele! PTSD completely understandable with those circumstances and then for the guy to say that today! Yikes! It probably feel like a long wait until February but I imagine it might be here before you know it. Hang in there!!

Well..... I completely forgot it was Fun Friday! I had planned to do Cardio Party for Fun Friday, but last night I had it in my brain to start my chronological tour. I don't think this is actually the oldest Cathe I have, but it's probably close -- I started with CrossTrain Xpress and today I did Power Circuit thinking it was sort of like a boot camp. Well, it was more like an IMAX with leg work thrown in, followed by back work, which if I had been paying better attention to I would have left for a few days. So I did the cardio and leg stuff and when she said it was time to do back work I cut to yoga. I was a little afraid of making my back worse. The yoga was a Rudy hip opener and after that my back was feeling better. I think I'm going to try to focus more on yoga again, but also work in the chronological tour. Not really a rotation because I'm going to move on from things quickly, but I just want to revisit everything.

It's gray here today -- supposed to rain a bit in a couple of hours or so. Hope everyone is having indeed, a Fun Friday!!
Old 11-13-20, 07:16 PM  
Mickey12

Hi everyone,

Last night I did Perfect30 Upper Body and tonight I did Perfect30 Hiit High Impact. I really love the pencil jumps! So I have now finished all the Perfect30 workouts (not including the premixes, of course). I was pretty tired today after my workweek, but I've been eating like crap lately and didn't want to skip a workout.

ChelePA thank you for the update on your daughter's surgery. As others have said, it will be here before you know it. As you said, try to put the anxiety of it out of your mind until the time comes.

I recently read a quote that I like a lot. "Day one or One day. You choose." I also like this one: "If you can't see the sunshine, be the sunshine." I'm in sort of a gloomy mood today so I'm trying to cheer myself up. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in