Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-11-20, 03:08 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I sure wish I was..

Wanna know more? Too bad Ima tell ya anyways

When the stupid dual washer system failed ..as it did often...we had to take laundry baskets on our bikes to the laundromat three blocks away...and so we still couldn't pay to dry so wet clothes balanced on a bike seat back...to hang...
I'll stop ..
but LOVE me some dryer smelling clothes ladies!!
Linda that just means you were raised with a good work ethic. Something to be very proud of!
Old 11-11-20, 03:11 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Hello! Well, I was with today's 40/20 party -- sounds like we're keeping it going all week long! It was not as hard as I remember but I think that's because I used only one step riser and I definitely modified as needed. I also could not do those hops over the step at the end -- knew I would get tripped up even with just one riser!! It also seemed easier than I remember because now I'm used to doing one hour workouts and though I also was back in the day, I was expecting a shorter workout. Today I didn't think about how long it would be so suddenly it was done. I think I actually sort of liked it. Didn't kittybug do all three of those workouts for her birthday?! Oh my!

Funny, I also put stuff outside to dry -- not everything but a fair bit -- I just lay it out on deck chairs. Well, I forgot I had stuff out there the other day and we suddenly had rain and even some hail. Up the road from me was snow!! Crazy crazy.

Yesterday I did the total body premix on P30 Pump but are there two different ones or something? I thought you guys said it somewhat alternated upper and lower body, but the premix I did was all lower and then all upper. Have to admit I really wanted to quit when I finished the lower but I kept going. Went heavier on upper this time which I am regretting today because I think I tweaked my lower back a bit. I'm assuming that was one of the back exercises that got me but as I'm typing here I'm realizing it may have been deadlifts. It doesn't feel injured, but it doesn't feel right and I was a little worried about jumping for 40/20 today.

Linda your laundry story sounds awful!

Nice to hear about people enjoying the nice weather who have it. Chele, sorry you're having to deal with political fallout but I hope you find a way to enjoy your solitude.

I went to a doctor appointment this morning that is actually scheduled for next Tuesday. I do not know how I botched that so badly!!!
Oh Bee, I'm sorry you tweaked your back. That's no fun at all. I'm giggling about your laundry and doctor appointment stories. That is the sort of things I do and I'm doing them more frequently lately. Grrr... but it's nice to know we're not alone.
Old 11-11-20, 04:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee I hope your back gets better and you get to either soak in a tub or massage it.

kim I'm very grateful to the adults outside my "home" who shared, modeled and taught me the value of work ethic.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 06:41 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey Watulans!!

Today was Meso 1, week 2 of Chest, Shoulders, and Biceps, and Cataddict, I'm with you...holy pushups!!! There were so. many. of. them! I think this week was WAY harder than last week and I'm already feeling it. But I am enjoying STS and I can't believe I'm saying that...I can't even imagine me dipping my toe into this series two years ago!

Bee, take care of that back, my dear! It's the worst when it happens and not knowing what set it off...happens to me all the time, dang it!

KateTT, I'm SO SORRY about allllllll the snow! We are getting it really early this year for where I live and it has me worried we'll have a horrendous winter like we did a few years ago. Glad you're enjoying ICE! ICE, hah hah...how appropriate!

Horusosiris, did ya get to do 40/20 yet? Anyone else?

Waves to Manleym, Nathalie, Kim, Miss Cowbells, ChelePA, and all....hope I didn't miss anyone. Also waves to anybody lurking if there is anyone, hah!! Hope you're enjoying our entertainment!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 07:59 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Today was Meso 1, week 2 Back and Triceps. LOL it started with pushups, granted they were close grip but still! I'm actually getting used to setting up quickly and "planning" ahead to get the right weights in advance. I only had to pause once to change the weight plates on the barbell. I went heavier on the weights than I did according to my sheet from before, so I'm happy about that. I also did a little better doing chin ups and pull ups. They are still very hard for me. I felt very accomplished after finishing this workout! I'm not sure I'm really enjoying STS, but I am feeling challenged and I know it's a good way to shake things up for me.

kittybug, good for you at taking the challenge of this series! You are for sure fierce!

bee, I feel you on the back issues! I also have to be really careful when I do deadlifts, as even though I hold my abs in tight for support, I still sometimes feel it a little too much in my lower back. I hope your back gets better soon! Oh, and I think there are different premixes on Perfect30 for upper/lower body. The one I did (twice, as it turns out) definitely alternates upper and lower body exercises, presenting a few exercises of each. I believe one of them is under the mish mosh premixes and the other is under basic premixes. And also, don't feel bad about the appointment confusion. You are definitely not alone! One day is so much like another since I'm not going out as much I find I have to pay closer attention to the calendar and have messed up my days and dates.

FanofLadyVols, your story is something! I like the idea of hanging the laundry outside, but I would no doubt feel differently if I had your experience in my background. Yes, you have quite a work ethic---good for you.

Kate, it's hard to imagine snow here so soon! It was *gasp* 80 degrees today! I agree about ICE--I used heavier weights than Cathe in a lot of the exercises and the blasts and meltdowns really can add intensity. Glad you are enjoying the series!

Chele, I feel very lucky to have avoided political conflict for the most part! Family isn't close enough to argue with in person, and I've snoozed several family members on Facebook so I wouldn't have to read any rantings. DH has told me that the people I snoozed have actually been well behaved and have avoided politics altogether fortunately.

Kim, you go on with your fierce self! Way to crush 40/20!!

manley, I'm doing 40/20 on Thursday. Hope you join me! horusosiris, want to do it with us? Oh, and thanks for the info about the "rest week" between mesos. I had forgotten, and haven't really gone through the book like I should.

Nathalie, your English seems great to me! Have you gotten confused by any of the colloquialisms we native English speakers use on the forum or this thread? And of course there is slang from different parts of the country. Of course I'm sure google helps with those!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 12:41 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!

horusosiris, I meant to comment on your increased workload. Wow, that sounds like a lot and how very generous you are to help out to people in need. I hope you are now sort of in the groove with it and that it doesn't last too long!

Thanks to everyone for concern about my back. Still a little twinge-y today, but I think it'll be fine. I did only yoga this morning -- a slow practice by Anna Orbison. For those on udaya, if you haven't tried her you should I've done a couple of her practices and really liked them. I'm going to try to walk a bunch today. Gentle movement seems to help stuff like that -- sitting still does not!

cataddict, yes, I realized later that I should have looked in the mishmosh section -- next time! I think I may do a PHA tomorrow because I don't want to get burned out on P30.

Nathalie, I will echo that your english seems very natural to me! Good for you!

I am reviewing the thread on food gifts thinking about things to order for family members and friends. We don't usually exchange but it seems like this year it would be fun and nice.

Happy Thursday! (week is flying by!!)
Old 11-12-20, 12:42 PM  
ChelePA

You ladies with snow...Yuck!!! Not looking forward to the changing weather.

I'm also a dryer person. I remember hanging clothes in my youth. Hated that chore...haha. But it was never as intense as Linda...wow!!! Life is so easy these days for so many tasks.

Nathalie...40/20 always kicks my butt. Much more than Imax 2...good for you! And your English is awesome!

I saw Cathe was having a poll today Flex Train versus PHA. I love all the subsequent PHAs but the first one was not my favorite. This triggered me to pull out Flex Train for my workout. I know many of you probably think of it as more intermediate with the weight selection. Perfect for me! Also, has a metabolic effect for many of the moves. My triceps were really feeling it and she was only using 8 pounds on this one. Same weight for the core work and I was struggling with the overhead press in this section. And those of you who can do that butterfly sit up at the end with no modifications...I am impressed!

Enjoy your Thursday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 12:43 PM  
ChelePA

Bee...glad to hear you think your back will be ok. I have been gentle on my heel lately. Pain keeps flaring up here and there.
Old 11-12-20, 01:04 PM  
ChelePA

Just saw the clip of today’s live. Can’t wait to hear what others think of it. Looking forward to maybe someday subscribing.
Old 11-12-20, 01:53 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Just saw the clip of today’s live. Can’t wait to hear what others think of it. Looking forward to maybe someday subscribing.
That looks fantastic! She's so creative, I love it! But somewhere in the last two weeks, her FB page was set to not public so I can't see her daily updates like I used to since I'm NOT on FB and refuse to be. Cathe, if you're out there reading this (hah hah as if), PLEASE fix your FB page, please!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in