Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-20, 12:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post

Kittybug I was grinning reading your post. It's hard to believe that any workout would have you quivering. After all, you're Kittymax!

It's the start of another week. Hope it's a good one for everyone.
+1 on wishing all well!

And Kim I had to take a peek at KITTYBUG KRYPTONITE!! It looked as tough as she advertised...

kittybug, hats off to you for doing the whole thing!! Looks like a good value with all the shorter premixes I'm more likely to use Thanks for making me check it out!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 01:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hah!!! Kim and FOLV, you crack me up, kryptonite indeed!! I cannot believe I'm not super sore today, though I am feeling a little sore, but mostly very tight. I'm wondering if the soreness is going to show up while working out today, like extremely delayed onset soreness?

Oh, FOLV, if you get this one you MUST update us on what you think! Her lunge section is BRUTAL. Just brutal!!!

I might have to make this one my Suffer Sunday workout for a few weeks just 'cuz that's when I do longer workouts and it's so different from anything else I've been doing!

And Bee, yes, report back if you have any of Angie's stuff!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 02:16 PM  
ChelePA

I’ve been revisiting the Lite series the last few days and enjoying this beautiful weather. I did premixes from Stacked Lower Body, PHA 2, plus Body Weights and Bands. The ones that included the bonus abs and extended stretches. I love the flexibility of this series like Ice. Her weight selection is usually perfect for me. Occasionally I go heavier. Can’t wait to hear everyone’s thoughts on 40/20 this week. Off to enjoy more sunshine and finish raking leaves.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 06:58 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

ChelePA, we woke up to SNOW this weekend. I would happily come help you rake leaves instead of having SNOW. Bee, you want Xmas spirit, we got it....well, the white part at least!!

Today I did STS Meso 1, week 2 Legs. I liked this one better than last week's workout but I think I was feeling it WAY more because of the Get-You-Good Gorr workout I did yesterday! At least she didn't rep us to death on the bonus stuff with the ankle weights. Cataddict, how's your STS going?

Also, I wanted to ask, at the end of each Meso Cathe says to take an 'active recovery week'....what exactly does that entail?

Stay fierce, my friends!!!

Old 11-10-20, 10:28 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
ChelePA,

Also, I wanted to ask, at the end of each Meso Cathe says to take an 'active recovery week'....what exactly does that entail?

:
Active Recoverey Week- this is from Cathe's STS Info sheet.

Why does STS have two Active Recovery weeks and what does this mean?

"There are two one week active recovery weeks allotted during STS. The first "rest" week will occur at the end of week four which is the end of Mesocycle #1 (muscle endurance). The 2nd "rest" week follows the end of Mesocycle #2 (hypertrophy) which is just after week #9. So your two active recovery rest weeks are week #5 and week #10. By active recovery week we don't mean that you lay around the house doing nothing, but at the same time you need to let your body and mind relax during this week. As Cathe says, "we're taking a break – not a vacation".

One of the hardest things to teach serious exercisers is that by taking breaks they will improve over the long haul more than if they had worked out nonstop. An active rest recovery week will also help to prevent overuse injuries and mind fatigue. During this week you might want to try something like a relaxing Yoga video or a Cathe stretch DVD. Perhaps you will want to do some outdoor activities like walking, tennis or hiking. Whatever you do, it should be a light activity as you're letting your body recover from the previous Mesocycle while getting ready for the more intense Mesocycle to follow. "
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 10:33 AM  
horusosiris

Hello All

Sorry to be MIA for the past week. I had two take on two extra courses (besides my three) to teach. The professor's wife had a major illness and he needed time off so he asked me to fill in for him for a few weeks. One of them was was a course that I had not taught in a few years so i had to do more work than usual to prepare.

With this thread, if you miss a week you miss quite a bit. I will try to catch up later today. I did do Imax 2 with the group and the workout, as usual brought a smile to my face.

What is the next workout that the group will be doing together? I guess I missed 40/20.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 10:46 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Hello All

Sorry to be MIA for the past week. I had two take on two extra courses (besides my three) to teach. The professor's wife had a major illness and he needed time off so he asked me to fill in for him for a few weeks. One of them was was a course that I had not taught in a few years so i had to do more work than usual to prepare.

With this thread, if you miss a week you miss quite a bit. I will try to catch up later today. I did do Imax 2 with the group and the workout, as usual brought a smile to my face.

What is the next workout that the group will be doing together? I guess I missed 40/20.
Horusosiris, thanks for the STS info...I missed that in the STS guide somewhere!! And I have 40/20 on the menu for today but I think some of the gang plan to do it later this week, so you ain't missed a thing!! Hope things calm down for you...hang in there!

Old 11-10-20, 02:55 PM  
manleym

I'm planning on "doing" 40/20 either Thursday or Friday. Is there a day that works best for ya'll?

Horusosiris I'm sorry to hear about your co-workers wife being ill. I hope she is better. I know you were a huge relief for them both.

Bee the Travis Crosstrain workout is on dvd, but yes, I do think it's Udaya. I really liked it! I did Flow in the Forest Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga on Youtube and really liked it. I generally like Erin's practices and she's a pretty good cuer.

Let us know how it goes today Kittymax!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 04:24 PM  
ChelePA

So kittybug I decided to join you on the 40/20 challenge today. It's not a Fun Friday workout for me...haha. I also did this one a few weeks back in preparation for Perfect Hiit. It's definitely the toughest despite the one minute breaks. They really do help but I find some of the moves more challenging then other Hiit workouts. Jumping over that step freaks me out at the end when I'm pretty tired ...so I jump behind mine just in case I don't clear it. The added step height really kicks some of the moves up a notch. It's amazing how adding a few risers kicks my butt...just like one of the moves...

I've also been taking 2-3 mile walks to enjoy the last of this beautiful weather and clear my mind. I won't get into details but all this political stuff has put a strain on my relationships with some friends and family. They just can't maintain the motto agree to disagree. I've been keeping much more to myself to maintain my sanity. Which is pretty easy these days with Covid.

Hoping the new vaccine is a move in the right direction to someday getting back to normal. You ladies definitely help keep my mind off all this craziness so thank you!!!

Looking forward to the newbies thoughts on 40/20!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 06:19 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yay, ChelePA!!! I had a 40/20 friend today! And I survived too! Y'all, this workout is definitely tough! I was super tired today AND my legs felt like two stone blocks from my last two days of workouts, but I got through it. Some thoughts...

The first interval block to me was the toughest, and those minute breaks are definitely a gift! Like ChelePA, I was freaked by the thought of jumping ~over~ the step so I just was behind it instead, clearing its width and kind of tucking my legs up to mimic that without actually jumping over it. Just wanted to be safe! Then the very last move, the wide box jumps (on 12 inches, seriously?) I started to do and realized I also didn't feel too safe, given my soreness and fatigue. I was too rushed to think of a modification, so I quickly paused, lowered my step, and started that interval over, not knowing it was the last one! So I got a bit of an extra break, but oh well! Now I know. In the future, if I'm feeling the same way, I'll either lower the step on the 20-second break before that interval or do a modification like one box jump/one plyo jack on the floor, rinse and repeat. Still a tough, sweaty workout!

I followed that up with a lovely 15-minute stretch/mobility video I found on YouTube on Mady Morrison's channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_tea8ZNk5A It appears she's German but there's no voice cues in this vid, just prompts and music, and it's wonderful!

That's all for now...stay fierce, Watulans, you got this!!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in