Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-06-20, 02:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

And adding Cataddict, I did indeed temporarily suspend my Cathe Live sub for now. As far as favorites, goodness, I have so many and I haven't even tried them all! So far, I think the one that stands out was Legs for Days which should be titled Your Legs Will Be Miserably Sore for DAYS!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 02:48 PM  
Mickey12

I decided to join the Imax2 party for today. It's really a lot of fun, and my goodness, Cathe was so young, wasn't she? I had to do some significant modifying and did quite a lot of the workout as low impact. For some of the really intense blasts I was just marching in place to catch my breath. Yikes, you guys are so fierce!!!

Here's a couple of random thoughts: Seeing Cathe with the long pants on made me hot. I get warm really, really quickly and wear shorts or capris to work out and have a huge fan blowing on me and I'm still always too hot. So good grief, seeing her in pants made me feel warm before I even started!

I don't think I did this workout in its entirety too often. I had it taped from FitTV and used to do that version, fast forwarding through the commercials, so it was a tad shorter, around 45 minutes.

I love the ricochets, straddle hesitations, and knees around the corner. Jumping is so much fun! Too bad I run out of steam and can't do them for very long.

It seems to me that Cathe doesn't stretch quads too much in her workouts. I find myself having to do standing quad stretches myself.

Kittybug I may join you next week for some Shock Cardio Hiit. I love those workouts! Of course you picked the hardest of them 40/20. I like 30/30 because it's the easiest!!
Old 11-06-20, 03:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Friends!! Sorry to be so missing this week. I've definitely had my head in the sand a bit -- just so tired of all the constant news and waiting! But, mostly I've been busy cleaning. It's been good.

Fun Fridays! Chele, I love that idea. And yes, I joined you all in IMAX 2 this morning, so it was "squared" for me since I did it already this week. Actually fun to revisit it so soon because I didn't have to watch the choreography so carefully though I must say part of what makes this one so much fun for me is that the step routines are so easy to follow! She did lose me on one today, I forget which one. This is just one of the best Cathe's -- so many famous phrases, great music, everything so easy to follow. Love it!!

And yes, I'll join in the 40/20 hiit party even though like Kim I usually avoid that one! I really do want to make sure I get a hiit workout in at least once a week, so that'll be a good challenge. What day are we aiming for? Next Friday, or is it not fun enough?

Lots of cowbell for the first time STSers! Go you!! Yes, the guys are rather wimpy, aren't they? And yes, you will be sore!!!

manleym, after doing P30 lower body for a second time, I was noticing that the heavy weights really spike my heart rate, so maybe that total body that alternates is a bit PHA-like even though it's not switching so quickly. I definitely want to give that premix a try, but tomorrow I have upper body on tap for the second time.

Chele, I want to send you & your daughter hugs.... and your heel! Darn I'm sorry you're having foot problems again but at least you're an expert in how to deal with it.

Oh, I've been loosely following the second week of Cathe's P30 rotation. I really love the weight work on it. Well, and the cardio, too. For zipping it out in a pretty quick fashion Cathe did a great job I think!

I'm going to keep this short because I don't want the error.....
Old 11-06-20, 05:21 PM  
ChelePA

Of course Kittybug would pick the hardest Hiit on that DVD...haha. For me at least. Some think it's not quite as difficult because it does give those one minute rests. I still find it very challenging, however, I have definitely improved with practice.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 07:09 PM  
lavna

Hi all!

I was also in the Imax crowd this morning! Just like Kim, I had to do some modifying. It's a good thing there wasn't any camera because my moves were kinda sloppy at times! As it was early in the day, I was still stiff! But I did it!

Kim: I so agree with you on the long pants! I'm in the same situation as you "warmth-wise"!

I'll try to join the 40/20 party too next week. I think it's fun to try to do the same workout together! I would not have done Imax2 if it hadn't been for this group. It was a good challenge for me!

We're having a second "Indian summer" as it's called here with warm weather (for the season!). I'll try to install my Christmas lights outside. It will be nice to install them without snow, gloves and frozen fingers!!!! With the pandemic and the partial confinement, our mayor has encouraged people to put their lights early to brighten these darker days that precede Christmas.

Have a great weekend!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 07:33 PM  
manleym

FUN FRIDAY INDEED!! IMAX 2!! WOOHOO! Did anyone else's windows rattle when "Cold as Ice" started??? Crank it up!!

Kittybug 40/20 is my "monster-in-the-closet", "dark alley", "elephant in the middle of the room" workout. To be fair, I have not tired it cuz I'm too skerd! I LOVE Double Wave Pyramid, but TREMBLE at the thought of 40/20!! So for me, it might be 40/60. But I'm willing to give it a try. Fun Friday or Frightful Friday? I'm good for Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday.

Kim yay for you for hanging in there and making IMax 2 work for you! It is hard! My airjacks and tuck jumps weren't nearly as high as Cathe's. And I took a little rewind break in the interval where you do 4 jumps, then jacks, then plyo jacks. I was a hot sweaty mess afterwards but loved every minute of it! Great idea gals! It was especially good for me today, because like KB I'm usually tired on Fridays and today was one where I just wanted to fast forward to 7pm where I'm sitting on the couch with a glass of red wine. I felt so good afterwards! Thank you gals for being my peeps! Virtual hug!

Glad you're back Bee! Agree that IMax 2 is one of the Cathe's best. Everything about it is great! I told my husband afterwards that if someone doesn't like this workout, something's just not right. It's just that good! Let us know what you think of the P30 premix. You're right that LB does get your heart rate up, and it does on the premix too. Good point about it being PHA-like but just doesn't switch exercises as quickly as a PHA workout.

Cataddict I think I remember you mentioning Deazie in STS. I really like her in RWH Plyo HiiT and I think she's in Shock Cardio too. I love her hair when it's down and she has such a great smile. Agree about the extended stretch in P30. Wish for variety too. Core workout too.

ChelePA how would you compare 40/20 to RWH Plyo? What am I in for???

Howdy to KateTT, Nathalie, FOLV, Horusosiris! I hope everyone is doing well and has a good weekend!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 08:09 PM  
Mickey12

Nathalie we call the fall warm up in temperature Indian Summer in the United States too. That’s nice that the mayor is encouraging things that are uplifting. Every little thing helps. I have been wondering something. Has your English improved since posting so frequently on VF? Truly no one would ever know from reading your posts that it’s not your first language.

Manley I loved your post! Your enthusiasm for Imax2 could not be contained! I chuckled at what you told your husband. I tell my DH stuff about you guys and what workouts we’re doing too.

I took the day off work today. I hung the laundry on the clothesline this afternoon because it was so warm and sunny out. In November! Crazy stuff but so nice. I might be one of the few who still hang wash outside. I was raised that way and don’t like it when clothes get over dried in the dryer. Once we start the coal stove in the cellar I hang the clothes on lines down there too. My dryer doesn’t get much use at all. Kinda got on a tangent there....

Have a great night all.
Old 11-06-20, 08:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

So today I did IMAX The Original that Started it All. Personally I think it's harder than IMAX 2, but primarily because of Interval 8. I get through it but it slays me. It's the one that Hope modifies on. I don't recall any of Cathe's backgrounders modifying on their own. I loved her for it!

I'm going to stick with my plan for alternating days for STS, so next week I'll be Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then it will switch to Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday the following week. So kittymax, we will be close in the days we do them, at least the weeks will end up being the same.

I'm in for doing 40/20 next Friday, but, really, guys, we need to change the name from Fun Friday. More like KMA (Kick My A...) Friday! manley, 40/20 is one reason why the "pause" button is a wonderful thing! Really, I think you will be fine doing the workout. You are far more fierce than you give yourself credit for!!

Chele, I don't recall getting a minute rest on 40/20? Wasn't it just 40 seconds of work with 20 seconds of rest all the way through? Maybe not, but IIRC Pyramid Double Wave HiiT also has a minute rest between waves. Anyway 40/20 is definitely the hardest of the Shock Cardio HiiTs, at least IMHO.

Kim and Nathalie, I only wear long pants in the winter to work out. My workout room stays colder during the winter months since it's above the garage. Plus I want to wear cute leggings for motivation!

bee, did you get the dreaded 500 Internal Server error too? Guess it's a message to me to shorten my posts!

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 10:28 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym...if you are asking about Plyo Hiit Two that uses the step, I find 40/20 more difficult. You use the step at 4, 8 and 12 inches. The butt kicks and double lateral jumps are tough!!! At least for me. There are 4 circuits. You do 4 different exercises in the 40/20 format with a 60 second break between each circuit. I think I need to rename Fun Friday to Fierce Friday for this one
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 10:34 AM  
fanofladyvols

Horusosiris and others ...sorry I didn't show for Imax2. Just didn't have it in me. I practiced a couple of intervals to get ready but then didn't have it in me to push play for the whole shebang.

Maybe next time! Made me smile seeing you guys have fun!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in