Scorpio6

bumping -- will write a post in a couple days
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 11:24 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Hi Leela—I’m not sure if you remember me but we went rock wall climbing many moons ago...I think it’s great that you were able to purge all the extra stuff in your life that was no longer bringing you joy. I think a lot of us here can relate.

How do you like the Terra Core? It looks great and they have a 15% off code.
I remember that perfectly!!!!!!

The terra core has not yet arrived!!
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 11:28 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Thank you for sharing your story, I can so relate.

One thing I've realized that has contributed to my piles of stuff is that I haven't moved in twenty years. Before that I'd move every once in a while and have a big clean out just to make moving easier.

Lately, taking stuff to donate or searching out actual junk in the cabinets to toss out has become a regular part of the week. Every trash day I try to make some choices. Admittedly, with the pandemic, the pile of stuff to donate has grown, but at least it's separated out in its own category and I've separated from it emotionally, LOL!

I do have hobby guilt, though. Cross stitch, sewing, quilting, drawing, watercolor, the list goes on and on. At least the supplies for that don't take up much room.

I took up bullet journaling a while ago, and got a lot of great how-to advice from a Youtube channel called How to ADHD, and am seriously wondering just how neurotypical my thought patterns might be. Her advice has been a big help.
I'm going to check out that channel.

I was diagnosed as mildly bipolar by my therapist. She said in college, she would have probably prescribed small dosage medication, but in my 40s, I was less manic than I had been back then during the highs. BP and impulse control go hand in hand... of course.. but luckily those impulses are not as intense... I'd say my brain chemistry is more neurotypical these days, as opposed to 14-48 when it seemed to manifest worst.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 04:02 PM  
Scorpio6

Unhappy

Hi, it's me again. I can't post on a weekend bc of hubby.

A couple weeks ago he attempted suicide. My house is so cluttered with his hoarding and my videofitness weakness, I suddenly became horrified at the thought of doing death cleaning all by my lonesome if he tries again and is successful. So I rented a storage unit, had him put together industrial shelving, and we are moving crap out of the house room by room. I'm basically doing the death cleaning ahead of the death and making him help me, except he doesn't know what my thinking is, just that I suddenly am on a tear to get the house company clean. The cops had to come all through the house twice the night he went missing and ended up in a ditch, so they saw everything at its worst. He complains bitterly about being required to do any work around the house and I've had the yard jobbed out for years at my expense. Not very pleasant to put up with.

Anyway, that's what I've been going thru in relation to house cleaning and decluttering the last couple of weeks.
Thanks for listening, everybody.
Old 10-05-20, 04:12 PM  
fanofladyvols

Scorpio6 I can't even imagine.

I am sure you have the holidays to use as an excuse for what you're doing but you're so strong and brave!

Hugs and prayers for strength to you!!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 05:13 PM  
TracyQ

Hi Scorpio—I’m sorry you’re going through this. I really hope your husband gets the help he needs. It’s weird how things spiral out of control sometimes. I think it’s great that you are getting your house in order (you may not be able to control other things that are going on but you can control that).

Sending hugs, prayers and strength. Please feel free to post anytime you like. I’ll always listen.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 05:21 PM  
Scorpio6

fanofladyvols & TracyQ: Thanks so much for your prayers and support. I need that so much right now. Even my best girl friend from high school said she doesn't know how I'm putting up with all this. Thanks.
Old 10-05-20, 05:34 PM  
BigBadBetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Hi, it's me again. I can't post on a weekend bc of hubby.

A couple weeks ago he attempted suicide. My house is so cluttered with his hoarding and my videofitness weakness, I suddenly became horrified at the thought of doing death cleaning all by my lonesome if he tries again and is successful. So I rented a storage unit, had him put together industrial shelving, and we are moving crap out of the house room by room. I'm basically doing the death cleaning ahead of the death and making him help me, except he doesn't know what my thinking is, just that I suddenly am on a tear to get the house company clean. The cops had to come all through the house twice the night he went missing and ended up in a ditch, so they saw everything at its worst. He complains bitterly about being required to do any work around the house and I've had the yard jobbed out for years at my expense. Not very pleasant to put up with.

Anyway, that's what I've been going thru in relation to house cleaning and decluttering the last couple of weeks.
Thanks for listening, everybody.
I am so sorry. I have no idea what you are going through, but I just wanted to write a note of support.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 10:46 PM  
violingal3

Leela - I like your plan, sounds like you are lifting a load off by getting rid of stuff and reevaluating these hobbies!

Scorpio - please take care, just want to send hugs your way!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 07:45 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Scorpio - I'm sorry for what you're dealing with. I think what you're doing with cleaning things out and getting a storage unit is a good idea. Hang in there - I can relate a little bit to what you're going through.

My husband is a border-line hoarder; it would turn into full blown hoarder if I didn't stay on him constantly about not bringing more things into the house. If he does, something else has to go. There are things of his I've gotten rid of and he hasn't missed them. I don't like doing it behind his back but whatever.........we've had the "discussion" so many times I'm worn out with it.

His sister is a hoarder. The last time I was at her house I could barely get in the front door. I haven't been there in years so really have no idea how bad it is now and don't want to know.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, declutter, decluttering