Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-19, 08:05 AM  
Vantreesta

Rhonda, how much is the app?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 08:36 AM  
desderata

Well, I ordered one for my husband for his birthday and it will be delivered Friday. I hope it changes his life in a good way
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 08:46 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Rhonda, how much is the app?
I think it is $19.95 a month.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 09:41 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sherry!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 01:05 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
The spoof is really funny but I really dislike the ad itself - the wife is portrayed as so eager to please her husband and almost cringes when she speaks to him - hard to explain but it really makes me dislike Peloton.
What!? Are you kidding me? People look too much into things. Here's how I see it. Scenario: Wife can't find an exercise system she can stick to. Husband gets her a Peloton. It shows that she is motivated to workout now. It's an ad saying that you will find this form of exercise fun and motivating. It says nothing to infer she is overweight, that she is trying to please her husband, or her husband is an ass, etc.

I agree, hokey ad, but not bad advertising to boost sales.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 03:33 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
What!? Are you kidding me? People look too much into things. Here's how I see it. Scenario: Wife can't find an exercise system she can stick to. Husband gets her a Peloton. It shows that she is motivated to workout now. It's an ad saying that you will find this form of exercise fun and motivating. It says nothing to infer she is overweight, that she is trying to please her husband, or her husband is an ass, etc.

I agree, hokey ad, but not bad advertising to boost sales.
I agree that people are making a mountain out of a molehill - it even made the NBC national evening news last night! I was just plain annoyed by it because exercise is just a quiet part of my daily life that gets done without any pomp and circumstance like brushing my teeth or going to the bathroom.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 04:26 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
I agree that people are making a mountain out of a molehill - it even made the NBC national evening news last night! I was just plain annoyed by it because exercise is just a quiet part of my daily life that gets done without any pomp and circumstance like brushing my teeth or going to the bathroom.
Not following how one thing has to do with the other - you just exercise as a daily habit but it’s annoying when people criticize a commercial that shows a wife making daily vlogs of her workouts so she can show her husband how well she has done?
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 05:05 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Not following how one thing has to do with the other - you just exercise as a daily habit but it’s annoying when people criticize a commercial that shows a wife making daily vlogs of her workouts so she can show her husband how well she has done?
Sorry - two separate thoughts...people criticizing the commercial for various reasons aside, I was just annoyed by the premise of the commercial. These days I can barely scrape together 30 minutes to workout with a toddler running around (yet I still do it because I've been exercising since I was a teenager and it's just part of my life), so who has time vlog about this kind of stuff and make a video about it?
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 05:45 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Sorry - two separate thoughts...people criticizing the commercial for various reasons aside, I was just annoyed by the premise of the commercial. These days I can barely scrape together 30 minutes to workout with a toddler running around (yet I still do it because I've been exercising since I was a teenager and it's just part of my life), so who has time vlog about this kind of stuff and make a video about it?
Aha, thanks for clarifying :-) I think the commercial bugs me so much because the wife seems so insecure and frightened - she admits she’s nervous about using the Peloton - and yet we see her returning from work all dressed up and seemingly competent but she’s such a nervous nelly at home. And then when she shows her hubby how she has used the bike every day or whatever it changes her life????? But I once heard an advertising exec say that you are not supposed to like commercials - the goal of a commercial is to get you to remember and talk about the product. So maybe it’s killer genius 🤔
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 05:56 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
So maybe it’s killer genius ��
This.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peloton, peloton commercial, peloton girl, spin bike, spin bikes