Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-20, 12:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Come to think of it, the only workouts I really like from the Lite set are the band workout and the kickbox workout. I liked PHA initially but my enthusiasm for that one has diminished as well, the repeats and some of the exercises are hard on my back.
Lol, you managed to make me curious about the workouts I DON'T have in the LITE set and figured I would NOT want

Thanks Taramisu...( I think . )

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 12:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Looks like I haven't posted here since Nov 4!

Here's the new ones I've tried since then; most still had shrinkwrap.

Mon 11/18 Core Secrets Bun Battle
Tue 11/19 Stott Pilates Sculpt & Tone
Wed 11/20 Lee Holden Qi Gong 30-Day Challenge day 1
Mon 12/2 Virtual Active Alberta Rockies Hike
Tue 12/3 Ambient Virtual Cycle Windmills & Walkways ride 1
Mon 12/9 XTrain Super Cuts (premix 8), VA American Northeast Hike
Tue 12/10 VA Sierra Nevada Hike
Fri 12/13 VA British Columbia Sea to Sky Hike
Mon 12/16 VA Trinity Mountains Hike
Tue 1/2 Lee Holden Qi Gong 30-Day Challenge day 2
Wed 1/3 Lee Holden Qi Gong 30-Day Challenge day 3
Mon 1/6 Lee Holden Qi Gong 30-Day Challenge day 4
Wed 1/8 Kathy Smith Rejuvenation Total Firm & Fit Kit -Ultimate Upper Body + Lean Lower Body segments
Fri 1/10 Kathy Smith Rejuvenation Total Firm & Fit Kit -Trim & Fit Total Body
Mon 1/13 Mike Dennison Runners' Yoga -30 minute routine
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 09:39 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Sunday I did a Linda Woolridge download: Precision Training Band. I liked the standing moves and the floor abs but the lower body floor work was very unbalanced. It was mostly inner thighs. ALOT of inner thigh work.

As a general comment about her lower body floor work, she points out correctly that the hip flexors get worked pretty hard. This is usually when you are sitting on floor with legs in front and lifting the legs in some fashion to target your quads or inner thighs. She says it like it’s an advantage but I don’t think overworking your hip flexors are a good idea. For me that means the hip flexors get tight which leads to anterior pelvic tilting and back and hip pain. So I just do less reps on her exercises that overwork this area.

Also she used the loop band in a figure 8 configuration which kept rolling up and digging into my legs. I just ended up using an extra heavy band in a normal way to get a similar level of resistance.,
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 01:35 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did Bone Smart Pilates today. I got this in a trade with the instructor’s 2 other Pilates DVDs for osteoporosis. This was pretty easy for me but I think I will keep it for the time being. Personally I would rather walk and lift weights to improve or stabilize bone density -I have slight osteoporosis in one of my hips but the density hasn’t gone down in 2 years. I am glad I got these in a trade because I was curious about them but not enough to buy them.
The one I tried would be good for someone newish to Pilates and /or someone with osteoporosis who is concerned about breaking something during exercise.
Old 01-25-20, 01:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

Leslie I appreciate your reviews and read them all. I wish I were as thorough in my assessments.

I did Cathe's Burn sets. This workout is a winner winner chicken dinner to me. Love the time to adjust weights, rest stretch. All the exercises make sense and are straight forward but not boring. The music is just background noise but appropriate to the workout. The music beat I disregard because you are supposed to be lifting at your own pace. I didn't feel wasted afterwards and felt great. I also can't lift anywhere close to Cathe but used her weight loads as a guide in choosing mine. I did the sets in a Pyramid style and loved the burn set resistance set included. This Xtrain series is just a lovefest for me.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 01-25-20, 05:11 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Sunday I did a Linda Woolridge download: Precision Training Band. I liked the standing moves and the floor abs but the lower body floor work was very unbalanced. It was mostly inner thighs. ALOT of inner thigh work.

As a general comment about her lower body floor work, she points out correctly that the hip flexors get worked pretty hard. This is usually when you are sitting on floor with legs in front and lifting the legs in some fashion to target your quads or inner thighs. She says it like it’s an advantage but I don’t think overworking your hip flexors are a good idea. For me that means the hip flexors get tight which leads to anterior pelvic tilting and back and hip pain. So I just do less reps on her exercises that overwork this area.

Also she used the loop band in a figure 8 configuration which kept rolling up and digging into my legs. I just ended up using an extra heavy band in a normal way to get a similar level of resistance.,
I wish that Linda would just do a FULL leg workout. So many of her workouts are inner thigh, outer thigh, hamstrings, etc. focused. I would prefer it if she just did a LEG workout. I do not want or need to work one segment of my legs for 30 minutes.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 09:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I do not want or need to work one segment of my legs for 30 minutes.
That sounds painful to read...let alone do

Old 01-26-20, 10:01 AM  
Garrie A.

A few weeks ago I did Steven SanSoucie's Stepping Alive, one of my Secret Santa gifts (thanks again Sidlynn!). This was a fun step workout with moderately complex choreography. It wasn't a brain burner, but it didn't bore me either. Steve cued very well (as a fellow group exercise instructor myself who also teaches step I appreciated this!), and his choreography reminded me a little of Cathe, Christi, Seasun, and even Donna Read (from the old CIA days).

There was a little hiccup, however. During Combo 2 there was an abrupt editing glitch (at least on my copy) where he was teaching part of the combo, but went into another part of it. When it was time to put the entire Combo 2 together, there was one part thrown at me (due to the glitch) that I had to keep rewinding to get. Once I got it (didn't take very long at all), the rest of the workout was smooth sailing. I also thought it was strange your "blast" after Combo 4 was to splice/zig-zag all four combos together (Combo 1 right, Combo 2 left, etc.) before running all four combos straight through (1 right, 1 left, 2 right, etc.). To me it should have been the other way around. He also did a few too many repeaters and knee-ups as filler.

Please, Steven, make more step DVDs!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 11:51 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I did part of Mindy Mylrea’s Gliding: Total Body Double G workout. It uses the G ball used in the Melt it Off with Mitch series. I only had time for the warmup and standing cardio and strength combos sectionals . I really like it and am looking forward to doing the other 2 sections. It was a good leg and glute workout and had some creative moves.
I must have received this in a trade because there was a little pc. of bubble wrap in there. I honestly don’t remember ever doing this before. So again, glad for this check-in.
Old 02-01-20, 12:02 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I wish that Linda would just do a FULL leg workout. So many of her workouts are inner thigh, outer thigh, hamstrings, etc. focused. I would prefer it if she just did a LEG workout. I do not want or need to work one segment of my legs for 30 minutes.
Exactly!!! But I do like some of her 10 minute target workouts that I can add on to another workout.

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins