Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-19, 08:58 PM  
Sharaz

Piyo vs Buti

How Piyo compare to Buti? Both are under my radar b4 going OOP. Not sure why, but I think there are similarities between these two. Am I wrong? There are many Buti workouts in the marked. The new ones looks good to me. Which Buti’s are must have

I don’t do Yoga often but my go to is UY. The other set I have is DDP yoga which I like too. My preference is Athletic type Yoga if that is even a term. I don’t mind shoulder intensive bc I like to work my shoulders a lot.
Old 07-02-19, 07:04 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
How Piyo compare to Buti? Both are under my radar b4 going OOP. Not sure why, but I think there are similarities between these two. Am I wrong? There are many Buti workouts in the marked. The new ones looks good to me. Which Buti’s are must have

I don’t do Yoga often but my go to is UY. The other set I have is DDP yoga which I like too. My preference is Athletic type Yoga if that is even a term. I don’t mind shoulder intensive bc I like to work my shoulders a lot.
Both are wrist intensive. Buti has better music and flow IMO. Piyo has pilates/yoga hybrid- music is OK. Honestly, if I want more dance-fusion I go with Buti; Piyo- I go with if I want more of a "focus". The set is broken out into upper, lower, cardio flow, sculpt etc.

I have both. Use both. I do not like traditional yoga- I prefer fusion. I get bored easily. Buti must have- the original set is more intense. HIGHLY recommend the original set. I really love the Shakti series.

HTH.
Old 07-02-19, 07:33 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Buti also has a few new downloads. I like the movement and music in her workouts.
There is a new one called Evolve DVD with Primal Movement Alchemist Ben White.
The link is: https://butiyoga.com/collections/dvd...cts/evolve-dvd

I like the piyo workouts but do not reach for them as much as the new buti downloads.
Buti also has something called deep but they are more small movement oriented. I like them but they take concentration to work the correct muscle.
Old 07-02-19, 07:49 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I admit I haven't given Piyo a decent try, I was very blah after just a couple workouts and put the set away. I love Chalene from Turbo Jam/Fire but these workouts just weren't fun for me. I was hoping for something on the order of Michelle Dozois Body 360 and it wasn't really like that, and nowhere near the intensity.

There are lots of Buti freebies on youtube to try before you buy. Just do a search for Buti workout. She even has a Hot Core glider one on there for free. I have most of her DVD sets but prefer her older ones - the original and Shakti like Cowgirl32 mentioned - because they have more flow. I like Dynamic Flow too. I couldn't get into Soul Sweat as much.

Some of the newer ones are disjointed circuits with a lot of repeat footage, although they are still fun! These circuit style ones are Buti Bands, HotCore, and another one led by a different woman (a brunette) that doesn't appear to be on her site anymore.

Kathym The Primal Movement one looks good...I'd love to hear reviews if anyone purchased?

Sharaz Reading your OP I would not call Buti "athletic" LOL it is very dancey - definitely recommend checking out her youtube offerings.
Old 07-02-19, 08:24 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

ebianco: I will go through the 'evolve' tomorrow and leave a review.

I would add that I liked Michelle's workouts a more the PiYo. She gets a lot done in the time you have. I may have to pull a few of these out and add to my rotation.
Old 07-03-19, 05:07 AM  
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
Buti must have- the original set is more intense. HIGHLY recommend the original set.
Sorry to be dumb but which one is actually the original set?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 09:19 AM  
Sharaz

Thank you for the detailed information Cowgirl32, kathym and ebianco! I realized that Buti fits better. I am looking forward to using these as short *add-on* workouts for cardio or full-body touch up. Too relax and have fun after an intense HIIT or circuits. Piyo “focus” doesn’t appeal to me. If I want something bodyweigh-ish with “focus” one of the Mark Lauren’s workouts I own offers that. Athletic to me means everything with minimal or NO meditative / chakras vibe. I like the look of Buti workouts, but I don’t like to read their stuff in social media.

DEFINETELY getting EVOLVE!
And…
Shakti Sweat
The Original (I also want to know the title)

Just want to confirm that these are more of a flow. I don’t want the circuit/interval training type at all. I have other workouts to fill that aspect of fitness. I am looking for non-stop action.
Old 07-03-19, 07:10 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathym View Post

I would add that I liked Michelle's workouts a more the PiYo. She gets a lot done in the time you have. I may have to pull a few of these out and add to my rotation.
Thanks Kathym!!

Michelle's 360 workouts are great. I've done the first three volumes tons of times, have yet to try the fourth but I'm sure that one is good too.

So...I don't think the original DVD is for sale anymore. "Buti: The Transformation Series" with three workouts on it is the original DVD, to my recollection. The DVD cover is here: https://www.ablackbirdsepiphany.co.u...vd-review.html
Old 07-04-19, 12:19 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathym View Post

I would add that I liked Michelle's workouts a more the PiYo.....
I didn't care for Piyo (not a huge Chalene fan to begin with and the program mostly bored me) but Evolve looks interesting. May purchase this one over the weekend......
Old 07-04-19, 01:46 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I have the evolve workouts and they do not hold a lot of dread factor. They are a balance challenge but for me in a good way. I like his presence as well. Probably one of my favorite buti. I would certainly consider more from him.
Low dread because he flows through the movements so if you don't like one it will be gone soon. He is also not super duper flexible which is nice. He gets into the pose but is not as bendy as some.
The workouts are standard buti with nice flow. Each workout contains warmup and cooldown.
If you don't like that type of movement... down dog, plank, low squat type movements into the hip creases, eagle... not sure how you would like this. There are a couple of roll to stand movements.
As I said though he does go from move to move so not as much for me on my wrists. I did think it worked balance and core really nicely.
He does a short handstand kind of prep... down dog to kick up but again... really short.

5 workouts : great music and production. The below are the lengths of the download files but I did notice that some downloads did not go all the way to the end. Quite close though.
Workout 1: 57:38 minutes
Workout 2: 52:53 minutes
Workout 3: 52:52 minutes
Workout 4: 56:57 minutes
Workout 5: 54:37 minutes

Evolve Calendar 4 week schedule
Week 1: W1 : W3 : Rest : W4 : W2 : W5 : Rest
Week 2: W4 : W2 : W5 : Rest : W1 : W3 : Rest
Week 3: W5 : Rest : W1 : W2 : Rest : W4 : W3
Week 4: Rest : W1 : W5 : Rest : W2 : W3 : W4

Tags
buti, piyo, piyo vs buti