Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-20, 01:55 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Alta I hope you didn't wait 16 years to do it again, lol.
I did wait that long!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-20, 10:13 AM  
sherry7899

I did try the first ten minutes of "Still Jumpin." I kept ending up on the wrong foot Next time I will do my regular workout first and then try a little more. The warmup was a little fast for me. I need a slower warmup. It was fun, and I will keep trying parts of it.

This morning I tried "Dance and Be Fit: Brazilian Dance." I bought this over a year ago and never tried it. Eh....not very excited about it. I did 35 minutes of it. The workout is taught in voiceover, which I really dislike for dance workouts (and cardio in general). The instructor cues late. There are three blocks of choreography . You do each block a few times and move on. I like that, but they use the same loop of music for the block which gets monotonous. I didn't really click with the intstructor, who kept saying to "smile now" and "you're having fun." That gets on my nerves!

Oh, well.....

I am going to try out my unused dance workouts to see what I want to keep.
I have a few Petra Kolber's to do. I have either used them once or twice or not at all. I love her personality and choreography, but I am not fond of TIFT, and I know she is fond of TIFT.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-20, 11:49 AM  
buffmama

I started working my way through Cathe's step workouts in an attempt to learn them. In the past few weeks I've done: Body Max 1+2, Step Max, Step Heat, Party Rockin' Step 2, 4DS Lower Intensity Step, and Step Blast. Sigh - it's a slow process. Step Heat, Step Max, and the Body Maxes were fine, the rest need to be put on repeat.
Old 01-24-20, 03:00 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
but I am not fond of TIFT, and I know she is fond of TIFT.

Sherry
I've heard so many people do not like TIFT, but personally I like it. It gives me a mental workout to try to remember what we did on the first combo after we've gone through combos 1,2, and 3. BUT...I have to be in the mood for it. Sometimes I just want get in, do the workout, and not have to think too much.
Old 01-29-20, 12:38 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've done several oldies recently.

The Original Buns of Steel (1991) with Greg Smithy. I did most of the reps. You have to decide if his humor is annoying or funny. I chose to find it funny.

Project You: Full Body Circuit (2005) with Kathy Smith. This is a great (but, long) circuit workout. It is well-cued and not frantic. The cardio sections are not complicated. She only does 12 reps of most exercises so you can go fairly heavy.

Advanced 5-Mile Walk (2005) with Leslie Sansone. This is the one where you use three different boosters in three of the miles. I think this might be the first 5-mile walk that she made. It was fun!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-03-20, 02:45 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I've heard so many people do not like TIFT, but personally I like it. It gives me a mental workout to try to remember what we did on the first combo after we've gone through combos 1,2, and 3. BUT...I have to be in the mood for it. Sometimes I just want get in, do the workout, and not have to think too much.
It really depends on my mood, and how many times it is repeated.

I pulled out the Scott Cole/ Janis Saffell "Yin Yang" workout to possibly do this week. I cannot remember the last time I did this one.

Old 02-03-20, 09:23 PM  
Mickey12

Tonight I pulled out Cathe Cardio Kicks, year 2000. It was fun, pretty hard so I took some breaks and did some low impact moves in place of the high impact. I remember not really liking it when I got it because at the time I was taking kickboxing classes at a gym that had far more complex choreography and were way more fun. I liked the drills at the end and I felt very accomplished when I was done.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 09:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

Alta you inspired me...pulled out Buns of steel 2.

Wow have workout productions come a long way, though. She's got a boombox on the floor beside her and her step bench (as she calls it) appears to be made of particle board.

Best moment was when she said brightly, "Let your leg know where you are!"

No cha Cha no boomerang no ricochet...and no worry about tripping or twisting. Back to the days when I thought I could step..heh.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 09:58 AM  
sherry7899

I did Janis Saffell/Scott Cole's "Yin Yang " workout this morning. I cannot remember the last time I used this dvd. It has probably been at least eight years ! I really enjoyed it. Scott is his usual charming and funny self, and Janis is a great instructor. I should pull out her workouts again. The balance and standing leg work was an eye opener for me. I have not done standing leg work in ages.

I will definitely do this one again!

Sherry

Old 02-05-20, 12:03 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I did Janis Saffell/Scott Cole's "Yin Yang " workout this morning. I cannot remember the last time I used this dvd. It has probably been at least eight years ! I really enjoyed it. Scott is his usual charming and funny self, and Janis is a great instructor. I should pull out her workouts again. The balance and standing leg work was an eye opener for me. I have not done standing leg work in ages.
I will definitely do this one again!
Sherry
Scott and Janis have good chemistry. I took a class with just Scott that was the yin/yang thing. He did both, LOL!

Here's a good one with them doing a cardio/strength fusion workout. It was filmed at a convention in 2012, so it isn't super polished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGDcTHTX2c4

They are having fun though!

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts