Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-13, 08:37 AM  
LeanneM
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
I'm not sure that this will help, but this DB series (& Tonique Born To Move) were without question my best dvd purchases of 2013
For me, too! Doing these together has been magic for shaping me up and helping me slim down! I love the Dream Body workouts and find them fun. I've done the original set a ton of times, and the workouts still haven't gotten old to me since there are so many moves in each one.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 10:00 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter
 
Pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
I bought this set ($50 discounted price) and promptly sold it. It was too fast and too hard for me. If you decide to give it a try, I would try to buy it used since a lot of people who purchased at the discounted price were unsatisfied. Try Ya Yas or EBay.........
__________________
Pie
CLX, Insanity, P90X, STS, RKS, Tapout, 21DF and 21DFX grad......

_______________________________________
Do. Or, do not. There is no try...... - Yoda

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 10:18 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter
 
ebianco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA
Add me to the list who loves Dream Body (and for the record, I also love Tonique BTM) and I actually really enjoy the super fast pace It is very challenging and not at all boring. I also think the set has done great things for my legs and abs (particularly Fusion Mix, which I do most often). I love T&T and Barre too, and Fusion, but I rarely if ever pick up Bikini Bootcamp. I paid $50 for the set and have gotten so much use out of it.

ETA: I would not consider myself a barre fan, with my only 'barre' being Squeeze/Squeeze Stronger and even those I rarely use enough. The Barre DVD is only really barre for the second half. I like that they're more AWT style than barre.
__________________
"Feel strong and beautiful. Be a Tonique woman." -Sylwia
ebianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 09:06 PM  
Kate**Roberts
VF Supporter
 
Kate**Roberts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Utah
I just wanted to add my thoughts on Dream Body...I LOVE these workouts! I try to do two of these a week because I love what they do for me. Although I only get to them a couple of times in a week (and sometimes it is only 30-40 minutes each time) I feel like my body is firmer and my abs are more pulled in. Honestly, I feel skinnier when I incorporate them into my week--and I love that!

They are fast paced. At first it felt frantic but now it really doesn't. I go at my own pace at times and that is fine by me. The cardio effect I get is incredible and I think that is why doing only 30 minutes is sufficient because I'm working HARD! I also get some good toning in. My abs, legs, and triceps are usually speaking to me by the end.

The music is horrible but I created a playlist on my iPod and play that while I exercise. The music is kind of low on the DVDs so I'm able to turn up my iPod enough and still hear the instructor. I don't need a specific "beat" to do the workouts (unlike stepping, for example) so it really works great for me.

The instructors do speak rapidly but I don't mind. I don't mind that it isn't mirror cued because I just mirror them regardless of the cues. Plus, with my music on it kind of distracts me from the instructor (although I can hear what they say just fine).

My favorites from the series you are interested in are Fusion 50 and Tabata and Toning. I like the others too but I am drawn to fusion 50 and the Tabata one the most.

I paid $100 on these and haven't regretted it. It is different and, in my opinion, fun. I feel so good while im doing them and even better after I'm done. I love what they do for me. I really do think i look better when I'm consistent with these (I took a break when Cathe's new ones came out but I'm back at it). Hope this helps.

ETA: I also really like the cardio series released this year. Out of all of the workouts they have released Fusion 50 and Tabata and Toning are still my favorites overall.
__________________
Kate
Kate**Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 04:58 AM  
PhyllisG
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Woodstock NY
I have the 2 Fusion DVDs from the first series and you have inspired me to get them out and try them again. Thank you.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 08:29 AM  
LeanneM
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate**Roberts View Post
I just wanted to add my thoughts on Dream Body...I LOVE these workouts! I try to do two of these a week because I love what they do for me. Although I only get to them a couple of times in a week (and sometimes it is only 30-40 minutes each time) I feel like my body is firmer and my abs are more pulled in. Honestly, I feel skinnier when I incorporate them into my week--and I love that!

They are fast paced. At first it felt frantic but now it really doesn't. I go at my own pace at times and that is fine by me. The cardio effect I get is incredible and I think that is why doing only 30 minutes is sufficient because I'm working HARD! I also get some good toning in. My abs, legs, and triceps are usually speaking to me by the end.

The music is horrible but I created a playlist on my iPod and play that while I exercise. The music is kind of low on the DVDs so I'm able to turn up my iPod enough and still hear the instructor. I don't need a specific "beat" to do the workouts (unlike stepping, for example) so it really works great for me.

The instructors do speak rapidly but I don't mind. I don't mind that it isn't mirror cued because I just mirror them regardless of the cues. Plus, with my music on it kind of distracts me from the instructor (although I can hear what they say just fine).

My favorites from the series you are interested in are Fusion 50 and Tabata and Toning. I like the others too but I am drawn to fusion 50 and the Tabata one the most.

I paid $100 on these and haven't regretted it. It is different and, in my opinion, fun. I feel so good while im doing them and even better after I'm done. I love what they do for me. I really do think i look better when I'm consistent with these (I took a break when Cathe's new ones came out but I'm back at it). Hope this helps.

ETA: I also really like the cardio series released this year. Out of all of the workouts they have released Fusion 50 and Tabata and Toning are still my favorites overall.
I feel the same way! Dream Body + Tonique is a winning combo for me. After just a month of doing them again, I have ab muscles and my pants are getting loose on me. I find them fun and challenging!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 09:01 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter
 
alikruegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
I'm making a trade for the DB original set right now. I think I've burnt out on TA after 1.5 straight years, and I'm feeling totally unmotivated (as I seem to every Fall). I'm definitely not where I usually am in terms of fitness, weight, etc., and I can see myself continue to slip as my enthusiasm for my workouts these days is pretty low. I'm thinking I'll do DB and live classes (cardio and yoga) to see if I can get my motivation going.
Here's what I'm thinking:
Monday = DB Fusion Mix
Tuesday = Dance Cardio (class)
Wednesday = DB Tabata & Toning
Thursday = Rest
Friday = DB Barre + Cardio (TA Cardio or Rebounding)
Saturday = Dance Cardio (class)
Sunday = Bikram

Monday = Ballerina Fight Club (a class with cardio, boxing, and toning)
Tuesday = DB Fusion + Cardio (TA Cardio or Rebounding)
Wednesday = Dance Cardio (class)
Thursday = Rest
Friday = DB Bikini Bootcamp
Saturday = Dance Cardio (class)
Sunday = Bikram
__________________
Method is much, technique is much, but inspiration is even more. ~ Cardozo
alikruegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 01:01 PM  
violingal3
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs View Post
I'm making a trade for the DB original set right now. I think I've burnt out on TA after 1.5 straight years, and I'm feeling totally unmotivated (as I seem to every Fall).
Oh, I am interested to hear your impression of these workouts, report back when you get a chance to try a few!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 01:26 PM  
toomuchjoy
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT
I would love to take a class called "Ballerina Fight Club" Sounds fun!!!
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 02:15 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter
 
alikruegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Oh, I am interested to hear your impression of these workouts, report back when you get a chance to try a few!
I will definitely report back. I was kind of wondering what the theory behind DB is... Is it similar to Dove workouts? (I've never tried those, but I remember discussions about the rationale behind the training method). I'm mostly attracted to DB b/c it's been described as frenetic and a bit all-over-the-place. These days I'm so ADD that I think I need something along those lines to stay plugged into a workout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchjoy View Post
I would love to take a class called "Ballerina Fight Club" Sounds fun!!!
It's super fun and challenging! The studio is great (Mazi Dance). It has dance cardio (kind of similar to TA), Ballerina Fight Club (as described in above), Cardio Barre style classes, regular toning (think fusion w/ dance influence), and other interesting classes like Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz. It's the sort of studio where you'd want to have go frequently b/c of the variety (which sets it apart from other studios that offer 1-3 types of classes over and over again). Unfortunately, I'm so busy right now that I can't go enough!
__________________
Method is much, technique is much, but inspiration is even more. ~ Cardozo
alikruegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dream body

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness