Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-13, 01:05 PM  
holliholli915

DB: Cardio, Strength or Other

I've seen it asked on here a few times. But, I don't know that I've really seen a response. Do you categorize DB as cardio, strength, both or other? I get an immense cardio effect from it. But, I know it strengthens. I'm really considering tacking on TA mat to the end of the Fusion workouts. But, I know TA recommends doing cardio before her mat work. So, trying to be a rule follower.

On a separate note, how does the old set (and the Original) compare to the new cardio set? I've seen clips of the cardio set and there appears to be more toning in it than in the first set. So, should we consider the first set cardio, too?

Maybe the answer is to just go with how it makes you feel.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 02:33 PM  
momofcha

I categorize it as cardio. To me, strength is lifting heavy. That's not to say that these are easy, using those 1 lb weights slay me. I'm alternating these with D2S right now.

They're cardio, but definite lower body toning. I don't lift heavy for my lower body, so they work well for me. I've got the best thigh definition I've had in years from these.

I think both sets are very similar. I've only done 2 of the new ones & there are definite similarities. So far MILF works your outer thighs & butt as the "toning" focus. InTENse focuses on triceps & shoulders. We'll see how the others play out.

I haven't done the original in a long time, so I can't compare that one.

Definitely just do what makes you happy definitely.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, dream body, tracy anderson