Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-13, 11:19 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter
 
Helen S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Utah
I'm turning 50 in September so I'm definitely not in the younger demographic. I've been doing Buti every week for seven months now. However, I can't post any results because I only do one workout a week. I cross-train with weight circuits, TA, Tonique, other cardio, and stretch/yoga. I also haven't weighed or measured myself in ages. But if I did get any results, I wouldn't know where it came from since I do too many different workouts.

I do think it's a great alternative to other yoga workouts. You get flexibility, strength, and cardio in one workout. The music is great and motivates me too. Flexibility comes from the yoga moves. Strength comes from the different planks and other bodyweight exercises. Cardio comes from the plank cardio and dance moves. Some exercises do double duty. For example, when you do low yogi squats while booty shaking, you get flexibility and lower body toning. Plank cardio gives you both strength and cardio benefits.

I've also done the XY workouts that mixes kettlebell exercises and yoga. Love them!! What's great is that you can try free Buti and XY workouts on vimeo and youtube.
__________________
Disclosure: I have appeared as a cast member for several workouts. Please see my profile for details.
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 11:20 AM  
desie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Canada
Buti results. I have only rambling thoughts on this.
The best result I suppose is my own consistency. I workout about twice as often, because I love to do this, it makes me feel good. Often I canít face a workout, but these workouts start out with a sitting warm-up to some seriously in-your-face music. Even if I just start off watching, in a minute I have restarted it and am doing it. Buti uses a lot of jiggling, hip and rib isolation work, and plyo moves to keep the body hot and breathing deeply, and advanced yoga poses performed in a constantly moving pattern, which are fun and challenging to do. The result for me is a loose, comfy body with no chronic tight spots. I do it on a yoga mat with a thick blanket underneath that for padding. The tone workouts are yoga intensive without instruction, she just calls out the name of a pose most times. I donít have any workouts that push my yoga abilities like Buti does, and the advanced poses have really helped me to feel more comfy in my body.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 05:14 PM  
Travelmug
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
Finally someone! Interesting that you haven't noticed results. What keeps you coming back? Would you say it's more of a fat-burner? I'm fine with that as I have plenty of strength options. But, I really want a fun cardio that incorporates stretch. TA doesn't really include very much stretch and I'm not as disciplined about it on my own. So, Buti seems perfect.
I think it's because I feel so good after Buti. That final shivasana is bliss. Buti really does work you out, and I'd say it's more of a fat-burner although there are lots of strength moves like hip circles in chatarunga (it hurts so good!). But yeah, the stretching component is really the highlight for me because like you say, TA doesn't stretch enough.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think there are enough reps to build strength - you'd have to complement with XY or Sculpt if you want definition. I'm not sure that Buti alone will cut it. But as cardio, it's wonderful.
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 05:55 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter
 
Debbie S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
What is XY?

After publicly shaming Buti on here and their Facebook page for their blatant TA bash and swearing I would never do their workouts, this post got me to go to their website and preview one of the downloads.

shouldn't have done that.

mmm, crow....so tasty and delicous... yum yum

They did delete your post along with others on FB.
__________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Have you had your daily dose?
Walking is Nature's Prozac!
Don't let anyone judge you! It's your workout. Sylwia
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson




A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 06:27 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I love that dirty water...
Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
Buti results. I have only rambling thoughts on this.
The best result I suppose is my own consistency. I workout about twice as often, because I love to do this, it makes me feel good.
That is high praise, indeed!

The one clip I saw had a number of gratuitous crotch shots, which I found more than irritating. The moves may be very sexual and the outfits skimpy and I can get over that, but I really don't need to see Bizzie's pelvis quite that up close and personal.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 08:25 PM  
holliholli915
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelmug View Post
I think it's because I feel so good after Buti. That final shivasana is bliss. Buti really does work you out, and I'd say it's more of a fat-burner although there are lots of strength moves like hip circles in chatarunga (it hurts so good!). But yeah, the stretching component is really the highlight for me because like you say, TA doesn't stretch enough.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think there are enough reps to build strength - you'd have to complement with XY or Sculpt if you want definition. I'm not sure that Buti alone will cut it. But as cardio, it's wonderful.
That's great because this is exactly what I need! I get plenty of strength work from TA's Meta MS. But, I really need to lean out and need to get in extra cardio. Plus, I have not been stretching nearly enough and have no idea how I've not injured myself.

I did attempt a run through of Buti Sweet & Spicy today and struggled to get into the poses just in the first five minutes alone! That business sitting cross-legged with your heel in your hip crease is brutal! It's amazing how tight my body is! So, I'm hoping Bizzie can help me to loosen up! Burning extra fat and getting extra cardio just makes this that much better!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 09:34 PM  
froggy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Texas
Am I the only one who thinks buti looks like a recipe for a hip blowout?
__________________
Julie
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 12:31 AM  
Candiceena
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Washington State
There definitely seems like a lot of hip-action going on which was actually why it caught my eye because I feel like my hips are tight from working a desk job.

Anyway - those who have been doing Buti consistently - do you pay the $40/$60 a month for the downloads? Or do you just do her DVD? The downloads are kind of expensive.
__________________
♥ Candice ♥
Candiceena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 09:42 AM  
bee
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
When there was first Buti talk here months ago (wasn't it months?), I dismissed it, thinking I could never make my body move that way. I finally had to give it a try this morning. First victory: finally getting something to play over mac air or whatever it's called. Woot!! I did find that I liked the workout! I'm wondering how the dvds are -- how's the music, how are the workouts? I know I don't want to do the monthly subscription because I know I need more variety than what I'd get out of that kind of monthly fee.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 11:31 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter
 
Helen S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
When there was first Buti talk here months ago (wasn't it months?), I dismissed it, thinking I could never make my body move that way. I finally had to give it a try this morning. First victory: finally getting something to play over mac air or whatever it's called. Woot!! I did find that I liked the workout! I'm wondering how the dvds are -- how's the music, how are the workouts? I know I don't want to do the monthly subscription because I know I need more variety than what I'd get out of that kind of monthly fee.
The music in the DVDs are the same as the youtube clips that were sponsored by a tea company. I prefer the music in her downloads. But like other instructors, they have to pay expensive licensing fees if they want to have good music in their DVDs. So their live classes usually have better music.

I don't do the monthly subscription. When she first started, she let you try her downloads for free for one month. I don't know if she still does that. But that's how I know that I prefer the music in her downloads. Her two vimeo downloads are like the music in her subscription service. I prefer the one that uses Dancehall music. I like the music in the other one too but at first I was shocked that there was swearing in it. It's kind of jarring when you don't expect that in a wo.

From the other thread, I know that there is a new instructor called MC. I haven't tried her wos. I like Bizzie and Kristin.
__________________
Disclosure: I have appeared as a cast member for several workouts. Please see my profile for details.
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
buti, dream body, tracy anderson

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness