Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-02-13, 06:26 PM  
desie

Any more thoughts on Dream Body Cardio Series 5 DVD Set?

For those who have tried the DB cardio dvds, how would you compare them with other workouts you have? I only just viewed the clip at totalfitnessdvds, and I am a little intrigued. (I have read through the original VF thread on these, but sometimes people who have cast them aside do not like to post on a rave thread.)
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-13, 06:54 AM  
momofcha

I really don't think there is a true "rave" thread on these. I think people either love them or hate them. There isn't really an in-between that I have noticed.

I still love them and use them all regularly. My opinion hasn't changed.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 08:01 PM  
gilbjeter

Any updates on this series? As far as results? I bought this set a while back but haven't really gotten into it. I have been doing some heavy lifting but getting bored. Would love to hear your slimming and or definition results you are getting with the cardio series!
gilbjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 08:16 PM  
LoveVA

I should do my Dream Body workouts more frequently than I do. However, I will say that the Dream Body workouts target the thighs better than any other workout series I have. When I use these consistently, with or without Tonique, my thighs are noticeably slimmer.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 08:28 PM  
bayportsmom

I really like these! But since I still have 10 "holiday pounds" to deal with, and I don't do them exclusively, I can't really speak to the results. Once the pounds are down, I'm hoping for that leg definition people talk about .

Right now I'm alternating a Dreambody, harder Barre (p57 for me), And Zuzka (I try to do a weight, rope, & cardio together). Then there is the gym....usually Body Pump and /or Turbo......so who knows what will happen!

The Fusion Fitness girls come up with some creative and fun moves. I like that I can use my gliders, bands, playground ball, big ball etc..... Wall squats while squeezing a ball between your legs while moving little 2 pound weights til your arms fall off? torture AND fun!! Just when one body part has had it, you move on and torture another one. . They help with endurance a lot!!

My only complaint is the lack of a warm up. I enjoy them a lot more if I do something else first.
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 08:30 PM  
prettyinpink

I actually like the first set better, though I have a hard time pinpointing why.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 08:43 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I actually like the first set better, though I have a hard time pinpointing why.
ITA. I prefer the first series, but I'll keep the cardio series around for variety (I like MILF and inTENse the best). I think there is more of a "focus" in each workout from the first set - is there such a thing with DB?! LOL The cardio series seems more go-go-go. I appreciate their creativity in providing new moves to keep things fresh, but sometimes I think they're a little too out there/awkward (i.e. the Bootcamp workout - hello! ). So unless I do these all the time, I'm always kind of like a fish out of water doing them.

Honestly, I love the Original and Bump the best out of the bunch.

ETA - still the best inner thigh toning around for me...lots of great tricep and quad definition anytime I stick with these, too.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 06:14 AM  
eannem

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
ITA. I prefer the first series, but I'll keep the cardio series around for variety (I like MILF and inTENse the best). I think there is more of a "focus" in each workout from the first set - is there such a thing with DB?! LOL The cardio series seems more go-go-go. I appreciate their creativity in providing new moves to keep things fresh, but sometimes I think they're a little too out there/awkward (i.e. the Bootcamp workout - hello! ). So unless I do these all the time, I'm always kind of like a fish out of water doing them.

same here (but dont have bump). the cardio series gives me some dread. but it did burn a lot of calories so i try to talk myself into them once in a while. milf and intense are my favorites of that set too. i modify milf a lot and really like the floor work in the 2nd half. the original is still my fave with fusion from the 1st set a close 2nd. both of those have great inner thigh work.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 08:32 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:

ETA - still the best inner thigh toning around for me...lots of great tricep and quad definition anytime I stick with these, too.
I would like to know which one you're saying that you prefer is it this one
Dream Body Workout Series 5 DVD Set
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 09:56 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I still LOVE the Cardio set, but also prefer the original set. Batta Barre, which is in the Cardio set, though, is one of my faves.

Quote:

I still need to get the Bump DVD! It sounds like people really like it! Is it less intense than the others?

The first set also does wonders for my inner thighs because of all the stability ball work. The Cardio set's use of the Gliding Disks, though, is also great for my legs.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body