Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you more tired lately?
I'm not especially tired lately. 21 16.80%
I'm a bit tired lately. 36 28.80%
I'm very tired lately. 39 31.20%
I'm really, really tired most of the time! 29 23.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-20, 09:55 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm so sorry to everyone having a hard time, hugs to you all!

Count me in as also irritated by the 4th. All it does is stress my furbabies out to no end. And I get stressed out thinking about an errant firework coupled with all the old and highly flammable shake roofing in my neighborhood and well, you know where I go from there. I agree with Patti S...can't we move past this now into something more technologically advanced and safer/quieter???? It's 2020!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 10:14 AM  
Vantreesta

Despite sleeping poorly for the past year and a half, I am not feeling quite as tired this month, although I am more irritable and impatient. I am finally getting more consistent with workouts again even though I'm not doing all the types I should (keep skipping PT, weights, core). I lost my mother-in-law in March and my mom in April and spent a cumulative 2 1/2 months away from home this year and completely off my routine. And it's hard to grieve properly, for me anyway, when we are supposed to stay home and physically distant from people. All I seem to want to do lately is workout, be outside, bake and crochet, all with my fiercely loyal dog by my side. I cannot seem to summon up the motivation or the discipline to do all the things around the house I need to do, which is entirely my responsibility since that was the deal I made with hubby in order to quit my job over a year ago. And I cannot tell you how much I miss baseball, one of my biggest coping tools.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 10:28 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Despite sleeping poorly for the past year and a half, I am not feeling quite as tired this month, although I am more irritable and impatient. I am finally getting more consistent with workouts again even though I'm not doing all the types I should (keep skipping PT, weights, core). I lost my mother-in-law in March and my mom in April and spent a cumulative 2 1/2 months away from home this year and completely off my routine. And it's hard to grieve properly, for me anyway, when we are supposed to stay home and physically distant from people. All I seem to want to do lately is workout, be outside, bake and crochet, all with my fiercely loyal dog by my side. I cannot seem to summon up the motivation or the discipline to do all the things around the house I need to do, which is entirely my responsibility since that was the deal I made with hubby in order to quit my job over a year ago. And I cannot tell you how much I miss baseball, one of my biggest coping tools.
I am SO sorry for the loss of your family members! It's time to take care of yourself for a while and allow yourself to grieve. Do what you can do in any given day and worry about the other stuff later.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 10:44 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
I am SO sorry for the loss of your family members! It's time to take care of yourself for a while and allow yourself to grieve. Do what you can do in any given day and worry about the other stuff later.
Thank you, Annette. I feel guilty that I have so much time for self-care and hubby just has to keep pushing through and working every day. I try to remind myself that my being calm and less irritable does help him indirectly.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-26-20, 10:50 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
My dad is in a nursing home. Since early March, I haven't been able to give him a hug or hold his hand or even see him except for on Zoom or unless he's behind glass or plexiglass. And when we do talk (other family members usually participate), we have nothing to say to each other because none of us is doing anything.
Aw, Donna, that's awful. I'm sorry you are having to deal with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
My son works in Target and he had this fun job one day of telling people who were not wearing masks that they had to leave. Poor kid!
Ugh. People were pretty good about masks in stores at first but now I'm seeing a few take them off once they get inside and nobody seems to care about distance if they are wearing a mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I lost my mother-in-law in March and my mom in April ... And I cannot tell you how much I miss baseball, one of my biggest coping tools.
I'm so sorry for your loss. And yes, I miss baseball too! Having a game on in the background while I'm puttering or reading or whatever is the most soothing thing.

Thankfully we haven't had a firework problem around here (yet). Our hills are very, very dry and with all the fires in California over the past couple of years, I hope people are scared enough of losing their homes to not do something that stupid. I'm mostly sleeping ok, but maybe once a week will be jolted awake by something in the middle of the night and have trouble going back to sleep. But yeah, even small tasks seem to take way more effort and grocery shopping wipes me out.

By not so strange coincidence, the Smart Bitches Trashy Books podcast today is about mental exhaustion. (Warning for strong language.)

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 11:58 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Rivercat. Some days it all feels real and some days it doesn't.

Going to stores wipes me out now too. But I fet that sometimes even before covid.

Old 06-26-20, 12:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

So may losses in this stressful time! The constant state of dread magnifies all the pain. Hugs to all!

Folks are very bad about masks and social distancing where I live. Paranoids, extremists and conspiracy theorists are having a field day. At their and everyone else's expense. I was worried about a second wave when it appears that we can't get past the first one.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 12:24 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
So may losses in this stressful time! The constant state of dread magnifies all the pain. Hugs to all!

Folks are very bad about masks and social distancing where I live. Paranoids, extremists and conspiracy theorists are having a field day. At their and everyone else's expense. I was worried about a second wave when it appears that we can't get past the first one.
"Paranoids, extremists and conspiracy theorists"; you just listed all of my co-workers. They are seriously wearing me out which is why I am so tired.
Old 06-26-20, 01:15 PM  
momofcha

I am exhausted. I never hit snooze and lately it’s been two to three times a morning. I focused this week on yin yoga to try and reset. I’m still tired

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 01:29 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

For me, drained is the better word. I sleep pretty good, I fall asleep early and sometimes wake up at 2 am. I usually am up before 5:00 am.

I am trying to get back into exercise, I am doing okay but need to do better. I have increased my yoga and pilates, even if they are just short sessions and that has helped tremendously, need to keep that up because it's making a difference, even a little bit.

I need to walk outside more too, fresh air always helps.

It helps that I am about 25-30 miles south from the Twin Cities away from all the unrest and it's quieter down here. You couldn't pay me to move back to the cities now. I think it's better than it was but there are still things going on.

Regarding the 4th? At least it's on Saturday so I can sleep in if need be if there is too much noise.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, fatigue, fireworks, new normal, sleep, stress