Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you more tired lately?
I'm not especially tired lately. 21 16.80%
I'm a bit tired lately. 36 28.80%
I'm very tired lately. 39 31.20%
I'm really, really tired most of the time! 29 23.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-20, 06:48 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I'm SO with you!
I'm with you all on this one. Neighbors have been setting off firecrackers every night. I have never seen the point of those damn things. All they do is make noise. They scare my pets and it makes me angry. It doesn't take much these days though to tick me off. Haha Like someone mentioned, some days I feel so sick and tired of most things.

I haven't worked out since Monday and am disappointed with myself. I've mowed the yard and done some other outside work but still.. Ugh - I guess I'll try to do something today.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 08:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I haven't been too tired lately overall, but some days are better than others. Sleep is poor, but it has been for years with me. I notice my workout motivation is down with the exception of daily walking. Some days I do fit in some weights or pilates but other days it's a struggle. Yesterday for some reason I was extremely tired and could barely keep my eyes open in the afternoon so I took a short nap. Very trying times we're living in.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 08:26 AM  
Sollamyn

I've been having ups and downs over the last few months, but I think I've hit one of my low periods right now. My state is going to open up even more, starting today, and I'm worried because of all the spikes in other states that opened up way too soon. And people assume that because the state is opening up, they can more easily pretend that the pandemic is near its end. Does nobody understand that they have to continue with the social distancing mask wearing in order to keep our numbers falling?

My dad is in a nursing home. Since early March, I haven't been able to give him a hug or hold his hand or even see him except for on Zoom or unless he's behind glass or plexiglass. And when we do talk (other family members usually participate), we have nothing to say to each other because none of us is doing anything. My dad can't do anything at all except watch a little TV and eat (with help). It's been very frustrating and his situation is probably my greatest source of stress, fear (because of possible virus contamination in his nursing home at some point), and sadness. My other major concern is my mom. Her health is fragile at this point and we don't know how much longer she can manage at home on her own.

Add to that my own issues (I was depressed and had just started counseling when the pandemic hit) and, yeah, I'm pretty frazzled, tired, and frustrated right now.

That being said, I have been trying to get back up and keep moving. And I take naps most afternoons. And I play with my cat.

Donna
Old 06-26-20, 08:28 AM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
Ya, I hate them too. I mean, it’s 2020. Hasn’t firework technology advanced to like, firework laser shows or something? They cause injuries, fires, and it scares all the animals and people with PTSD. The only people who seem to enjoy fireworks are boys under 18 and drunken a-holes. I don’t see a lot of females being into the whole fireworks thing.

I was meditating at the time that damn morning firework went off. I would have been way more pissed off if I had been sleeping lol.
Agree and they are illegal in NY but that doesn't seem to stop people.
They scare the heck out of me and I don't have PTSD. I have read that all the increased activity this year is due to people being bored and couped up.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 08:33 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
Agree and they are illegal in NY but that doesn't seem to stop people.
They scare the heck out of me and I don't have PTSD. I have read that all the increased activity this year is due to people being bored and couped up.
They're illegal in Illinois, too. Where I live, people just cross the border to Missouri and buy them. So far, thankfully, I haven't heard many fireworks in my tiny little town, but I'm sure we have more very soon--maybe this weekend.

I think more people are doing their own because many professional fireworks displays and July 4 gatherings have been cancelled in my area.

Donna
Old 06-26-20, 08:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Very tired which is causing me to not take care of myself. Lackluster workouts, too much snacking then I don't want to eat at night. Bad sleep, tossing and turning. Most nights the last few weeks, I gave up and went out on the couch.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 08:52 AM  
wendug

Reading all these comments brings me comfort in that I am not the only one feeling out of sorts. I haven't been doing "official" workouts as much lately as I've been tackling projects. This past week I removed a tree in the backyard that was growing into our power lines. I don't have a chainsaw, just an old fashioned hand saw and did it slowly. It took several days, but I'm down to just the stump now.

I need to get back to a routine of workouts because I feel SO much better after I do them! It's just the motivation to start them that is hard!

And I'm dreading the 4th of July around my neighborhood. LOTS of people set off crazy amounts of fireworks and my dogs hate it! I'm hoping people don't have the extra cash this year to get as many fireworks. My town has cancelled the fireworks display this year so it might mean more fireworks in the neighborhood. We'll see what happens.
Old 06-26-20, 08:54 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I've been having ups and downs over the last few months, but I think I've hit one of my low periods right now. My state is going to open up even more, starting today, and I'm worried because of all the spikes in other states that opened up way too soon. And people assume that because the state is opening up, they can more easily pretend that the pandemic is near its end. Does nobody understand that they have to continue with the social distancing mask wearing in order to keep our numbers falling?

Donna
Yes, I'm almost glad I live in NJ, even though it's the second hardest hit state. They are NOT playing here. People are being very respectful of masks and rules. At least, where I've been in NJ. Can't speak for the whole state, but from people I've been talking to across the state, my experience has been their experience. The only place I don't see people wearing masks is when they are in their own yard doing yard work or getting the mail or something. Oh, I did see a small gathering of less than 10 people at the park playing volleyball, but they were keeping up with social distancing. Which made for a very odd volleyball game lol.

Donna I'm very sorry for all you are going through right now. Big hugs honey! Just know you are not alone. You may want to see if your therapist will do virtual sessions, if that will help.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 09:22 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yes, I'm almost glad I live in NJ, even though it's the second hardest hit state. They are NOT playing here. People are being very respectful of masks and rules. At least, where I've been in NJ. Can't speak for the whole state, but from people I've been talking to across the state, my experience has been their experience. The only place I don't see people wearing masks is when they are in their own yard doing yard work or getting the mail or something. Oh, I did see a small gathering of less than 10 people at the park playing volleyball, but they were keeping up with social distancing. Which made for a very odd volleyball game lol.

Donna I'm very sorry for all you are going through right now. Big hugs honey! Just know you are not alone. You may want to see if your therapist will do virtual sessions, if that will help.
I am also in NJ. Other states are getting hit really hard now. We have friends in Houston and we are really worried about them.

Fireworks are illegal here as well, but people just drive 15 minutes into Pennsylvania where you can buy them anywhere.

I am really dragging getting stuff done around the house. I love to cook and bake, and this week, I just did not feel like doing either. I made really lazy dinners this week! In our neighborhood, there have been people having gatherings that are too big. A friend of ours works in a record store which just opened back up. He said that just about everyone is complying with masks, but one customer was wearing his hanging off his face. When a person who worked there approached him he got really pissed off. Sigh.....

My son works in Target and he had this fun job one day of telling people who were not wearing masks that they had to leave. Poor kid!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 09:33 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
My son works in Target and he had this fun job one day of telling people who were not wearing masks that they had to leave. Poor kid!
I'm sure your son heard lots of lovely comments from the anti-mask crowd! It is good to hear that stores are enforcing mask rules. I went to Aldi last week and saw a couple of people with no masks and no one said anything to them. I just steer clear of people like that and scowl at them through my mask. Can they even tell I'm scowling with my mask on?

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, fatigue, fireworks, new normal, sleep, stress