Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-19, 08:38 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I'm considering this because she says you can download the workouts - there are 13.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 09:22 AM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Is anyone aware of a comparable program with a different instructor? I'm looking for an exercise program that will build me up very slowly over time so that I won't suffer from excessive fatigue.

This program looks perfect (although pricey) but I don't like her vocal style. She seems very nice and knowledgeable. I don't know what's wrong with me but I can't work out with instructors with a baby talk tone.
SFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 09:44 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFR View Post
Is anyone aware of a comparable program with a different instructor? I'm looking for an exercise program that will build me up very slowly over time so that I won't suffer from excessive fatigue.

This program looks perfect (although pricey) but I don't like her vocal style. She seems very nice and knowledgeable. I don't know what's wrong with me but I can't work out with instructors with a baby talk tone.
I do not know your age or workout tastes, but I like the you tube channel Fabulous 50s. The instructor is very sweet and motivating. She has workouts of different lengths and good music. At least you can try it for free. She has a thirty day program on you tube.

I also highly recommend the you tube channel Team Body Project. There is plenty free on you tube. On.their website they have multiple free programs listed and some workouts that are not on you tube. They offer a paid membership with a ton of more workouts. I am thinking of joining. The husband and wife team are very encouraging, have a great sense of humor and do not have pandering talk to beginners. I also enjoy the music.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 10:14 AM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Thanks for replying! How do I find the Fabulous 50's 30 day program? I see playlists and videos on YouTube and a 14 day challenge on her website, but I'm not finding a 30 day program.

I tried a beginner level Team Body Project video a while ago and I can't remember why I didn't like it. I'll have to give them another try since they do have beginner programs laid out.

I'm in my 50's and I love the music and production values in Cathe's ICE and LITE, but even using timesaver premixes and using half the weight makes me extremely tired for the next 2 days. I need to build myself up very slowly and steadily.
Old 09-11-20, 10:28 AM  
sherry7899

I am so sorry! There is not a 30 day program, just the 14 day one. I have way too many you tube subscriptions and mixed it up with another channel.

I cannot think of a you tube channel that can compete with Cathe!

Old 09-11-20, 10:53 AM  
SFR
VF Supporter

If Cathe created a new program that would slowly and steadily get me from absolute beginner to intermediate - how much would I be willing to pay? It's scary to think.

She could do something as part of her Live or On Demand.

I have to admit that I would appreciate a bit of fun factor. I tried the BodyFit by Amy beginner program and the music was really quiet.
Old 09-11-20, 11:03 AM  
sherry7899

That would be wonderful if Cathe created a program like that. I love that idea!

I am a music geek, and I really need loud motivating music in my workouts.

Old 09-12-20, 01:13 PM  
donnamp

SFR - I sort of know what you mean about Suzanne's presentation. As for something similar, I'm not sure but I think perhaps any 'back to the basics' workouts may work for you - if you find they are too much or too long you could probably split them up over a few days. I'm thinking of "classics" from back in the day - Kathy Smith, Karen Voight, etc, before the advent of all HIIT all the time.

Sherry - thanks for mentioning Fabulous Fifties - that looks like a good channel!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 06:26 AM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Thanks for replying Donna. You're right, I should use back-to-basics workouts and divide them into multiple days. I was just intrigued by the MITFIT90 program because it was laid out over 90 days and developed for people with excessive fatigue/pain. I would have paid $89 for that.

The problem is that I can do and enjoy more challenging workouts but then I feel terrible for the next 2-3 days and it's not worth it.
Old 09-14-20, 07:07 AM  
donnamp

I know what you mean, SFR - I liked the concept of the 90 days as well and while I like Suzanne, I'm not sure i could do her stuff exclusively. Also, I don't really like her cardio workouts - they just aren't my thing.

I think she did offer a few of her You Tube programs for sale for a lower price - they were PDF files that linked to workouts on her You Tube channel, they may work better in terms of avoiding overload on her presentation style.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cocolime fitness