Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-09, 02:49 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
Sorry. I thought you said you got your Collage catalogue; now I see it's your order.

I still read your original question as looking for feedback on these workouts, so the links I dug up for you should still "work," regardless of the fact you already have them.

I do use clips and search through threads / reviews to decide what workout to do, but I realize that's probably not normal.
Actually, your way is the way it SHOULD be done, haha, why else would VFrs take the time to write these things! My problem is that I seem to be search challenged, and gave up long ago trying to find what I want. Though I DID locate my original post regarding kettlenetics this morning, so maybe I am learning! Thanks so much for your effort on my behalf, it is much appreciated!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 02:56 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Gosh, I forgot to add my thoughts on Lalo!

Joining the club! This is truly a no nonsense workout that just focuses on what you are trying to do. The thing that I really like about his method is that it is exactly what I try to do with my clients, get their mind OFF of distractions and ON to the muscles being used. It is so common to try to watch tv or do something to take our minds off of our work, but IMO that is NOT what we want to do! FOCUS baby! It really is heavy on shoulder work, and glute/quad work, but of course these are ALL functional moves, so you are NEVER just working one muscle. I have a client this would be PERFECT for and think I will send it to him as a gift. Problem is that he NEVER likes the workouts that I recommend, LOL! He does not like Tony's Kenpo because it is so "slow" compared to the kickbox stuff he is used to, and I tried to explain just how GREAT that slow work is, so I would love to get this guy doing something like this.

This workout would have never clicked with me a year or so ago as I have ALWAYS needed a fun factor in even the really TOUGH workouts, even if it is just the background music, but these days I am ripe for get in, get out, and gitter done!!! I added calf work and felt completely wasted after this! Not 'blasted', but definitely well-done!

Old 06-16-09, 03:53 PM  
gigi

Lalofit looks like a great workout.

I'm not a kettlebell purist but I like Amy's Kettlebell Dynamics. It does move fast, keeps the heart rate up, and is different from a lot of the kettlebell clips I've seen (I only own Lauren Brook's Kettlebell workout and I used to own the Iron Core workouts) but I've seen a lot of clips and such. I'm so glad Amy is getting into kettlebells.
Old 06-16-09, 04:11 PM  
Gardengirl

Another Lalo lover here! This one's on deck for me tomorrow!

I've been eying Amy's as well. I think I'd like it but have held off because it was labeled "advanced". I'm steering away from "advanced" in an effort to decrease intensity for awhile.
Old 06-16-09, 05:18 PM  
bee1forfitness

Get Both

I have both and think they're both excellent workouts, I'm glad I have them and didn't have to make a decision between the two
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 05:44 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleGuy View Post
And yes....Lalo is cool.

Not only is Lalo cool, but eye candy to boot. Makes it easier to get through the workout!!!
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 05:50 PM  
coyotex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
I have a client this would be PERFECT for and think I will send it to him as a gift. Problem is that he NEVER likes the workouts that I recommend, LOL! He does not like Tony's Kenpo because it is so "slow" compared to the kickbox stuff he is used to, and I tried to explain just how GREAT that slow work is, so I would love to get this guy doing something like this.
Oh, now that's not nice!
You're the one that turned me on to Body Combat! Yes, Kempo is slow compared to BC, but I never said I didn't like it, did I? I just said I would prefer to do BC is all.

Yes, Just so you all know, I'm the guy that needs to be doing something like this Lalo person's workout. Maybe I'll break down and get it just to make my coach happy.

Wait a minute, I'm her #1 student so she's already is happy with me!
(I'm in for it now, my next workouts will be brutal, I just know it!)

"The Excellence of Execution"
"The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be"
coyotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 07:38 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotex View Post
Maybe I'll break down and get it just to make my coach happy.
Wait, didn't I hear the word "gift" used up thread? I wouldn't buy it just yet!
Old 06-17-09, 08:39 AM  
KathAL79

Red, on the newest incarnation of the forum the search function is better. There are more options to help you find things. Still, searching for something like "Amy" and "kettlebells" together turns up every thread mentioning the two...
I'm ashamed to admit I still watch clips on Collage, TotalFitness, etc., even of videos I already own. And I still refer to Collage's writes-up of time breakdowns, equipment, etc. - a quick, easy reference!
Glad you enjoyed LaloFit!

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 11:21 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotex View Post
Oh, now that's not nice!
You're the one that turned me on to Body Combat! Yes, Kempo is slow compared to BC, but I never said I didn't like it, did I? I just said I would prefer to do BC is all.

Yes, Just so you all know, I'm the guy that needs to be doing something like this Lalo person's workout. Maybe I'll break down and get it just to make my coach happy.

Wait a minute, I'm her #1 student so she's already is happy with me!
(I'm in for it now, my next workouts will be brutal, I just know it!)
You bad bad boy! You are spying on me, LOL!! Well, fortunately I say the same thing to YOU that I said to them, haha. Thanks guys, I actually came in here today to find out how to 'link' some of your comments to Coyotex, so that he could see what you were all saying. It looks like he HAS, hahahahahna!!!

OH, and in answer to your question Coyotex, YES you did say you didn't like it, in fact it was something to the effect of: "I have to do this MORE than once a week, I don't think I could take it, it is too slow, but I'll do what my coach says". That sounds to ME like you don't like it. :0)

Tags
amy bento, kettlebells, lalo fuentes, lalofit