Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-20, 10:32 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Thursday to All!

Today I did Cathe Live 316 – Metabolic Upper Body. The workout was 49 minutes. IIRC it was six rounds of 2-3 exercises and each round was repeated 2-3 times. The weight selections were all moderate but I did go heavier than Cathe for many of the exercises. The last round was core work. I did not think this workout was particularly difficult but I was a sweaty mess at the end.

Kittybug, Lavna and Chel – The Cathe Claus workout was fun. I only wish she had included holiday music.

Bee- I know what you mean about ‘blursday’. Lately, many of my days feel that way.

Kate – Plum butter sound yummy! I am not sure what happened to Bob Harper. I have seen him in commercials for Brilinta

Cataddict- I hope that October is a better month for you. Your comments put me in the mood for Amy Bento so I am going to do one of her cardio karate workouts tomorrow.

Mickey
-You mentioned two full moons in October. I am wishing all a very favorable October. I had to look up ‘cool beans’- LOL!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 05:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I'm gonna say it....... rabbit, rabbit!! Cannot believe another month has flown by.

cataddict, yes, major props to you for getting this long Cathe tour nearly done and for the acceleration at the end! I can see where you might be ready for a Cathe break. So sorry about what you're going through with the cats -- and poor kitties! So hard to lose a friend.

Kate, that plum butter sounds yummy! All I know about Bob Harper post-heart trouble is that he went vegetarian or vegan I think.... right? Hopefully he is doing well. I should do that lower body one you did -- yikes!!

Kim, isn't the second full moon a "blue moon"? I think that's what that means. Does "cool beans" mean something besides "cool"? I guess I'll google that.

kittybug, I know what you mean -- every time you guys talk about your workouts I think I should do something different or subscribe to Cathe Live or ..... It's fun!

This morning I did a timesaver premix from Party Rockin Step #2 and it happened to have a couple of the rounds that I had trouble with but today.... I conquered them! More often than not when I have trouble getting a step routine it's because I'm making it too complicated (or trying to). That was the case here. Wow, this was so much fun! I have to remember to pull these out. Followed by yin yoga from Udaya. I picked one of the first english ones I came to on the search and it was outside, had some sort of "water" something or other in the description and it was 40 minutes..... sounded so perfect! But then the lady teaching it went on and on and on and on about calcium in the fascia and blah blah blah. I Joni O'ed. Found a 30 minute one by Emily-Clare and I loved it! I really wish she would do an hour one. Not only is she the right amount of cheery positivity, but she really put my mind in a different frame and her choice of poses seemed great for my sore hip. Loved it!

Waves and hugs to all!
Old 10-01-20, 06:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yes, RABBIT RABBIT, Bee, thanks!! I cannot believe it's October either. Where. Has. This. Year. Gone???? I feel like it's been hijacked, I really do.

Kim, I haven't heard 'cool beans' in years! Thank you for saying it!!

Horusosiris, once again, thank you for all the reports on Live. This week's looked good so it's on my to-do list!

Today was SO fun...I did Live number 78, Power Step, which was fun and pretty intense for being short at 39 minutes, but I wanted a bit more so I popped in the Imax-ish Calorie Crush from Cardio Party after. I absolutely LOVE her choreography in this one and it made me want an Imax 5.

Cathe, are you listening?? Are you paying attention? Imax 5, Imax 5!!! Anywho, I was a grinning sweaty mess by the end without feeling wiped out so I'm happy.

It's almost Friday, friends. Stay fierce!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 06:26 PM  
manleym

Hi Fierce Walutan Friends! I hope everyone is well today! Rabbit, rabbit! Squirrel, squirrel!!

Bee somehow I missed your post about Stretch and Sweat, but I'm glad you did it! Didn't you love it!! I'm laughing about you joni O'ing on the yoga practice. I Joni O'ed on one the other day. Can't remember who - she had really long hair. I just.couldn't.take.it. So I found a Jules Mitchell practice and all was well. It was Limber Lumbar for the back. I liked it. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Celest Pereira's Feel Good Flow that I did today! You MUST try it! I was hooked when she said that not everyone meditates and that's ok, that for some people red wine is their meditation. Now you're talking Celest!! She's speaking my language!!

KateTT how did your plum butter turn out? My mom and I used to can alot so I love anything homemade. I still have some of the jellys we canned together. I hope it turned out well.

Cataddict I know you are so glad to have September behind you. I hope your kitties are doing better. Hug to you all.

Horusosiris I don't have all of Amy Bento's dvds but enough to probably do a rotation. I was thinking of an Amy and Christi Taylor rotation. Just kicking around ideas....hopefully Perfect 30 will be here soon.

Kittybug I'm itching for Cathe Live! Hoping around Black Friday. Fingers crossed for a discount. But totally agree about all of these great workouts everyone is doing! I want to do them ALL!!

Yesterday I did Patrick Goudeau Play Ball in 4 and really liked it. The moves look easy, but when you're balancing on a med ball, it's not easy at all! I really like Patrick. He's just a fun, easy-going fella. This was a good cardio workout, with great functional moves using the med ball. I don't do that many med ball workouts so it was a good change of pace mentally and physically. My forearms were talking to me afterwards!

Today I did KCM Plateau Buster and LOVED IT! It was a virgin for me, and I am so glad I have it! It flew by, I liked the moves, there's a nice 8 minute stretch. I will definitely be coming back to it. It's moving up my list of KCM favs. It was perfect because I've been struggling with Blahsday so I needed something fresh and fun.

Did anyone see the beautiful moon this morning? Kim I think you mentioned 2 full moons this month? I leave for work at dark-thirty and love seeing the sun rising and moon - whatever it's doing for the day. It was absolutely gorgeous! I've been able to see the stars too, which is nice and rare for living in the burbs.

Waves and hugs to all! It's almost the weekend!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 06:51 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello women of the World!
The plum butter turned out great! I probably won't eat much of it because of the sugar, but it's a pretty plum color and great consistency. Boy did I have a mess though!

cataddict: Cathe never said the offer week had to be easy. If she did I blocked it out!

Kim: I say "cool beans" all the time. Comes from the 70s for me.

Waves and hugs to everyone. You are doing amazing! It really doesn't matter WHAT you are doing! Have fun and keep moving! You're fierce every day just for showing up!

Today I did Amy Dixon & Paul Katami's Double Down. Fun stuff!! A little shorter workout at 50 minutes, but this time I did not add on anything else. I love the 2 minute rounds of cardio and weights. Amy and Paul are great together. Now I want Paul's 4x4 set! Again...silly me, I had it years ago, didn't seem to like it but I only did 3 of the workouts.
Today's Yoga was from Gaia and Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark. The Yin felt great!! I really needed that.

Hugs!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 06:35 AM  
lavna

Happy Friday all!

This week, I thought I needed a muscular boost so instead of doing a total body workout, I did a split: on Wedbnesday, I did Live 229 Awesome UB, going as heavy as I could. I'm still feeling it. Yesterday, I did Live 212 Fit legs. Oh boy, it was hard! The fisrt time I did it first thing in the morning and I skipped the second time of the fourth round. This time, I did it during my lunch hour (one of the perks of "teleworking") and I was able to do all of it (with breaks!). I was a sweaty mess and my legs were quivering afterwards.

The weekend is almost here! Yay!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 06:37 AM  
ChelePA

Never heard of the rabbit, rabbit until this group. Then on Kelly and Ryan- Kelly said it to start the show.

Horusosiris—Holiday music would have been great. Always makes me smile. I’m hoping to get a Live membership around the holidays when stuck inside. I love the freebies. It would be awesome to have such a nice variety in the winter months. I would feel like I’m back at my gym I see Manleym that you are thinking the same thing.

Cataddict—definitely an adjustment in your house. ((Hugs))

Kate—your workouts like Kittybug’s would kick my butt.

Bee—Love Party Rocking Step 1 & 2. I remember feeling so accomplished after learning number one. Trickier foot work.

Kim—cool beans had me smiling. And I agree cataddict is really kicking into high gear to finish up the rotation. Impressive!!!

Yesterday I did some chair cardio because my knee was bothering me. By the evening it felt better so I had time for Live Road Trip Kickboxing. I wore my weighted gloves. This is definitely not the most intense. It was a nice steady state cardio. Many more breaks than usual because of the crowd. And her cueing was off, but I chalk that up to moving around to include the group. Some day maybe I can be there in person. A girl can hope
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 08:28 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Horusosiris—Holiday music would have been great. Always makes me smile. I’m hoping to get a Live membership around the holidays when stuck inside. I love the freebies. It would be awesome to have such a nice variety in the winter months. I would feel like I’m back at my gym I see Manleym that you are thinking the same thing.

Yesterday I did some chair cardio because my knee was bothering me. By the evening it felt better so I had time for Live Road Trip Kickboxing. I wore my weighted gloves. This is definitely not the most intense. It was a nice steady state cardio. Many more breaks than usual because of the crowd. And her cueing was off, but I chalk that up to moving around to include the group. Some day maybe I can be there in person. A girl can hope
Great minds, ChelePA! Let's keep an eye out and let each other know when or if there's a deal on Cathe's Live membership. Yea, Live Road Trip KBoxing wasn't a fav. I did it once and haven't wanted to do it again. Something was just off. I'm hoping to make it home in time to do Cardio Leg Crush. I really liked that one!

Bee, same with UDAYA. Let me know if you see any great deals.

Wouldn't it be fun if we could all go and all meet at a Road Trip??? How fun would it be to all be able to work out together!!

Happy Friday my friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 09:09 AM  
Mickey12

Hey guys, so I didn’t realize people wouldn’t have heard the expression “cool beans” before. It just came out of my head like it was always there. So I googled it too for fear I was saying something I didn’t intend. Thankfully, it means what I thought. What I didn’t realize is that google brings up a reference to a Cheech and Chong movie where they say cool beans. Hahaha, I am a true child of the 70’s!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 10:34 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Hey guys, so I didn’t realize people wouldn’t have heard the expression “cool beans” before. It just came out of my head like it was always there. So I googled it too for fear I was saying something I didn’t intend. Thankfully, it means what I thought. What I didn’t realize is that google brings up a reference to a Cheech and Chong movie where they say cool beans. Hahaha, I am a true child of the 70’s!

Kim
Me too Kim! I’ve heard the expression many times. Showing our age

Kick Butt Bootcamp Live at 10 am was a perfect express workout. 5 rounds only with 4 exercises each. Loved it! Added on Yoga Max starting with the Balance Chapters. I really need to work on this! I sound like a broken record. I should try to do it daily until I improve. Do you ladies include it in your practices?

TGIF! Softball tonight and this weekend
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in