Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-22-13, 08:42 AM  
PhyllisG

P57 vs Dream Body series

I have been revisiting P57--all of them--and have been loving them. But the Dream Body series is still on my wish list and really it is my budget that is holding me back.
If you have both, have done both, I would love to hear your opinions.

Last edited by PhyllisG; 03-22-13 at 08:42 AM. Reason: typo
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 09:28 AM  
edensmom

I have done both. I prefer Dream Body. Nothing against P57. Fun workouts. I prefer the aesthetic DB gave. I didn't like P57's effect on my lower half. I find DB more intense as well.
HTH.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 09:29 AM  
momofcha

I was a die hard barre fan for a few years now. I have tried BB, P57, pure barre, etc. I did P57 a TON. For years. It is a great program, but I also love Dream Body. Honestly, if you like barre workouts, do not get Dream Body expecting "barre" workouts. They really aren't. They are very athletic - which I love! Minimal if any, impact. Ballet burpees,mountain climbers, kickboxing, planks, push ups, some barre work in the barre workout - but only about 20 minutes.

Dream Body is pushing my body (in a good way) that I never got from barre. There is a lot of floor work in DB and a lot of inner thigh work that is giving me awesome definition. The variety is awesome, and the instructors are very motivating.

To compare the two is almost like apples and oranges. I'm seeing better leg definition and shoulder & tricep definition than I ever did with years of barre previously. My abs are still a work in progress, but they always have been for me.

I hope this helps.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 10:15 AM  
PhyllisG

Yes Sue that does help. I am not a fan of any of the barre workouts except for P57. I have had many of them and traded or sold them. But I do like P57 and I also like Tracey Anderson. I like lots of floor work. Sounds like these may be a good choice for me.
Any other opinions are welcome!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 11:19 AM  
edensmom

The floorwork in DB is excellent. Lots of inner thigh, abs/obliques/triceps. Also cardio performed on the floor which is great for the arms!

I really love DB. I have been sick for almost 2 weeks so I have set them aside (too hard right now) until I get better. Soon I hope!

Sue is right, these aren't "barre" workouts. Even the barre one IMO is more of a fusion workout. I LOVE the way they blend the exercises.
Old 03-22-13, 12:09 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Another DB fan here and yes I agree the DB barre workout is more of a fusion workout than a Barre workout , in fact I wouldn't recommend it as a "Barre" workout but rather Fusion with some Barre inspired moves. now with that being said I really like it and I also really like straight up Barre workouts as well. You could easily incorporate DB into a rotation with your Barre work that would be a great mix. Do both!
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 02:11 PM  
kitty12

I have both, and agree with earlier comments. P57 is a lot of fun (just did it last weekend). But, except for the barre segment of the actual Barre DVD, I don't think of Dream Body as barre at all. The barre inspired moves are difficult for me to pick out.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 03:46 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

P57 is very doable for me but I had to pop out the Dream Body barre workout shortly into it. It is VERY advanced but it was the speed of the movements that really undid me. However, I am 50 years old, so take that into account. I will be sticking with the my regular barre workouts.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 04:18 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
P57 is very doable for me but I had to pop out the Dream Body barre workout shortly into it. It is VERY advanced but it was the speed of the movements that really undid me. However, I am 50 years old, so take that into account. I will be sticking with the my regular barre workouts.
I don't really think age has much to do with it. I'm 50 and love Dream Body. I think it is important that we each do what we want to do though, and there are plenty of options out there.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 04:58 PM  
edensmom

Also the pace really isn't so bad once you get acquainted with the workouts (after doing each a time or two). They really don't feel frantic to me at all.

Tags
dream body fusion