Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 11-19-18, 11:06 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Massage mat, Pranamat Eco, any one tried it?

So I came across this link to the Pranamat Eco, a therapeutic massage mat and am wondering if any one has tried this? Or maybe another brand? My massage therapist retired recently and I haven't found a new one yet and thought this might be of help. I have a scoliosis and muscle imbalances as a result. Massage therapy really helps. Thanks for any info on massage mats!

https://pranamateco.com/howithelps

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-18, 11:24 PM  
Lannette

I have something similar. It looks like THIS. I got it from amazon but am not sure if it was this seller. It worked beautifully when I had hip pain from falling down 9 stairs into a log wall.

Initially it would feel hot, almost too hot to bear. Then it would calm down and I’d feel like I was being sucked down into sleep or deep rest. Eventually I’d wake up, remove the mat and sleep through the night.

I know it sounds strange but that’s really how it felt for me. I rarely use it now because I’m better but have loaned it to clients (mine is washable) who have pain.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-18, 11:30 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Wow, that's amazing Lannette! It sure looks similar to the Pranamat. Did you use the mat on the floor or your bed or both?

Do The Next Thing!
Old 11-19-18, 11:33 PM  
Lannette

Actually both and I was totally into Western medicine (I’m an RN) at the time so my response made no sense at the time but I couldn’t deny it. (Pain was gone)
I also paid at least twice as much as what I linked to and consider it money well spent.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 11-19-18, 11:44 PM  
Catahoula Cate

One heck of a fall you had. Fantastic that this helped so much. I think it has potential to help me manage my scoliosis oddities which include pain. I appreciate your response!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 11-19-18, 11:46 PM  
Lannette

Yes, I was lucky and didn’t hit my head but twisted my back to avoid doing so. I hope it helps you as much as it did me.

Old 11-20-18, 10:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Oh my goodness thank you for your testimonial Lanette. I put that right on my wish list.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-18, 10:53 AM  
Diana3271

I am posting this link here so I can come back to it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...rt=review-rank

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 10:52 AM  
Catahoula Cate

So I got my acupressure mat yesterday! I went with the Pranamat Eco because of a cyber Monday sale. I kept looking over a lot of brands and kept coming back to this brand but it was more expensive than others even on sale. I tried it last night on my thoracic part of my spine. My scoliosis creates a lot of tension there, especially on one side of the lower part of the thoracic and it's really hard to release with regular stretches. I will say, it definitely helped the area and it's not as tight as it was... and the upper thoracic feels better too. It also wasn't painful for me but I had a thicker shirt on than they recommend. Still helped. I plan on trying more areas today and get a feel for it but I do think it will be a helpful management tool for my scoliosis so I'm excited.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 12-04-18, 11:53 AM  
Lannette

So glad you found it helpful!

Tags
acupressure