Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-01-20, 03:43 PM  
furmomof6

Pilates Cross-Trainers: March Check-In!

Hello,

Faithful Workouts: Stretch & Strengthen w/the Hymns

I decided for now to follow the Faithful Workouts calendar for March, subbing in other workouts if nothing appeals to me on any particular day. I do plan to do Robin's challenge starting on the 9th though.

Carol, you didn't discourage me! I did see she has a free trial, so I may try that at some point. Thanks!

Dana, sorry your e-Pilates workouts were freezing up this morning.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 03:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting March thread, Christine! I completely forgot it's already March although I should've remembered it. It's my dh and my anniversary tomorrow and I remembered that.
Old 03-01-20, 06:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

Christine I think you have a good plan with some flexibility.

Dana Happy Anniversary!

Donna I understand wanting to address stamina but I hope you don't try to do too much too soon. I know intend to injured myself if I do that. I am reading this book on exercise and he makes a strong case for spending ample time on conditioning your body before asking it to adapt to change.

Carol I appreciate all your Ellen DVD mini reviews. They are helping me figure out how I will use them later.

Actually if any of you do a mini review I have been taking notes so I know where they will fit in a rotation later. So thanks!

Yesterday was yoga day. I did the Week 3 Balance workout and the week 2 Saturday Relax workout. It had stretching for the first 20 minutes at a relaxed pace and then a more meditative feel for the last 6 minutes.

I'm not sure if I'll do anything later. Today feels like a true full rest day. Will update later if I do a formal workout.

Waves to Cheri and Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 07:43 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Busy day today - I did Ellen's Grace and Gusto this morning. I also walked w/ y DD this afternoon.

Christine - that sounds like a good plan - and I looked at the FW app today....

Linda - yes, you are right about building up slowly. I also do tend to injure myself if I go all in w/out building up to it.

Happy Anniversary, Dana.

So....I think for March I'm going to loosely follow Jessica Valent's calendar/plan. I may sub out some of her workouts for something else if the mood strikes, but, I like the way she sets up her workout week. It is like this:

Sunday - Rest
Monday - steady state cardio
Tuesday arms & more
Wed HIIT
Thurs - active rest
Friday -legs & more
Sat - steady state cardio

I'm going to generally follow that for this month. I may use her workouts or I may mix in some from Trifecta and Robin.

My tweaks for her template are:

Sunday - Fusion - Yoga - Pilates
Monday - Steady State & stretch
Tuesday - Short cardio/walk & arms
Wed - HIIT & stretch
Thursday - Fusion - Yoga - Pilates
Friday - Short cardio/walk & legs
Sat - Steady state & Stretch

Hope everyone has a good evening. Where did the weekend go?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 06:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did Faithful Workouts - Pazaz in the Barn. It was a nice change of pace from the walking workouts and such and there is such a positive vibe to these workouts.

At some point, I may do their 14 day kickstart challenge - minus the meal plan. Meal plans stress me out. I may do the food challenges those are not too bad - it is stuff like cut down on added sugar, drink water, eat more veggies -that i can handle.

I may get some stretching in tonight and if the weather is decent a walk at work today.

Happy Monday.....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 07:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

10 Minute Solution - Slim & Sculpt Pilates: Lower Body, Upper Body & Pilates for Flexibility - 30 minutes

Suzanne Bowen led this DVD. It was good, but I would say that it moved a little too quickly for me. I would have to do this one regularly to be able to know what tension I needed on the band - I generally missed a few reps of each exercise trying to figure out where to hold the band.

Donna - That sounds like a good plan! It gives you plenty of flexibility to use whatever workouts you want to use. I think I will stick with Ellen (until i get bored) and Pilates Nest for March. I am going to increase the amount of pilates I do - I'm going to try to do the scheduled 30 minute workout 3 times a week and add on the shorter ones on the other days. Only if I have time, I'll add on a weighted strength workout.

Linda - Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Dana - Happy Anniversary! It's also my doggie's Birthday and Texas Independence Day! I will see lots of little kids dressed in cowboy gear today at School.

Christine - Sounds like you have a good plan as well for March!

Waves to Cheri & Brenda!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 02:55 PM  
furmomof6

Hello, everyone!

Shaped by Faith: 20 Minute Mat

Technically this one is only 14 minutes, and then Theresa has one of her students share their story while they do wood choppers. I skip that part and stretch. DH and I are going to walk the dog when he gets home too. It's so nice out today!

Donna, meal plans stress me out too, but I agree that the challenges are easier to follow. I'm glad you enjoyed Pazaz today! I really do like the vibes and encouragement of Theresa and Michelle. I think I'm going to really like this plan for March.

Dana, Happy Anniversary!

Carol, your plan sounds good too! I'm going to make sure I get in a decent amount of Pilates per week as well. I just feel the best when I do it. The one you did today sounded good, I'm sorry it moved fast though. I don't like when you miss the next move because there's not enough time for set up.

Waves to Linda, Cheri & Brenda!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 06:47 PM  
cherimac

Thanks for starting us out, Christine.

Today was PN Pilates for Hands and Heart.
Old 03-02-20, 08:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol that is one of the few 10 MS DVDs that I purged for that very reason. And I really love Suzanne in other 10 MS ..but not that one.
And thanks, I did enjoy my rest day. I went back and looked at my schedule and it was time for one.

Christine that's great that your hubs walks with you. That sounds nice.

Cheri I hope your workouts with your hubs are going well.

Donna I love the tweaks you made to the rotation.

I did a little digging on Ellen to remind myself why I may have not bought any workouts since the crunch releases. I somehow missed the whole skinny drama so who knows why I never bought these newer releases. I will probably mix Ellen with Tracie after I finish this strength rotation.

Today was Cathe's Pure strength bis and tris and the 100 rep bi and tri challenges from Xtrain. I will do some pilates from one of my 10 MS DVDs later.

Have a Happy Tuesday everyone!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 09:49 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Linda Oh yes, Ellen and the S word! Quite the drama here on VF. I get amused by folks who get so upset over stuff like this. It's not worth it - just take what you can use and leave the rest ... We'll never agree 100% with folks.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote