Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-18, 12:56 PM  
TinaT

Yes, Another Vintage Workout FIRM Vol. 2

Sorry if the vintage rave threads are becoming a "thing" with me. We are all so inundated with thousands of workouts over the years, that it's easy to forget some of the ones that got a lot of us started. Going back to them and using them differently helps to make them new to me once again.

I did the aerobic phase that clocked in at 25 min. (did my own warm-up). I had a bit more time today so I threw in just the leg work on the floor (leg shoots). Total of about 35 minutes.

4-limb at it's best!! If you're not into 60 minute workouts anymore like me, remember how well Fitness Favorites has chaptered these. It was great to get in my cardio w/weights in just over 30 min. My focus is upper body, so this was perfect. My HR was at the high end and sometimes over my target range. My arms are well worked and I'm sure I'll feel it later today or tomorrow.

Tomorrow I might just do the other half of all floor work. It comes it at 26 mins. I also appreciate the stretch at the end. Again, dust it off and give it go!!
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 03:10 PM  
LizEMA

Tina,

This is my all-time favorite Firm! I just LOVE JJG here. She is so unbelievably cute in this.

And, it is a fabulous one to work the UB. I do this when I'm looking for an upper body-centric WO.

I smile just HEARING ANY portion of this WO. Doing it ALWAYS transports me to my "happy place".
Old 02-13-18, 04:05 PM  
susand

set up, tuck center!
i try to do this one once a week. wonderful ending stretch.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 04:08 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Firm 2 was my first and still my favorite, followed by Firm 1. And all you need is a mat and a couple set of weights (I gave up the ankle weights a while ago). Classic!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 05:17 PM  
BriscF

I think I'll do the first half of this tonight.
BriscF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 06:13 PM  
TinaT

I used the ankle weights and loved it! I modify it buy using the tall step to lay over and support my upper body during the floor leg segment.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 07:43 PM  
ncl

Volume 2 was also my first firm. I think I had it on Beta tape...am I even remembering that right? Was that a real thing?! I didn't get Volume 1 until later, but love them both. I was doing this one in my early 20s and now am almost 50. It has stood the test of time. It is a good balanced workout!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 04:43 AM  
maitai

"Pretchel Stretch"
My favorite workout
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 06:55 AM  
Carol K

I rented Volume 2 at Blockbuster in 1989, after discovering Volume 1 there, which I loved. I hated Volume 2. I hated the constantly moving feet while I was supposed to be using heavy weights. I never bought it until years later and I had to buy it on eBay, so I could get it in the clamshell cover to match the rest of my Classics. I still never did it until I began doing the rotations on the FIRM Club website. Then I finally learned to choose the correct weights and now I like the workout. I replaced all my old FIRMs on DVD in 2015.
Old 02-14-18, 11:41 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I love that Fitness Favorites has chaptered all the classic Firms so nicely. I like to do my favorite cardio tunes of a few workouts...Core Cardio 2, Fat Blaster, Super Cardio, Tough Cardio Mix, etc. and not be turned off by the cardio I don't like. It makes the workouts much more usable and enjoyable to be able to just skip what doesn't work for me.

I really like Vol. 2 but Vol. 1 is my favorite