Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-14, 06:16 AM  
bearcatfan

You could look into the Turbo Fire HIITs. They are about the only HIITs that I even look to, they are very fun! If I remember correctly, they are 15-20-25 minutes in the basic Turbo Fire kit.

There is also a lower-impact modifier on camera.
Old 08-12-14, 06:52 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Look Better Naked with Jessica Smith has a 20-minute HIIT cardio workout as well as a 20-minute strength workout and a separate warm-up and cool-down.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 07:07 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Look Better Naked with Jessica Smith has a 20-minute HIIT cardio workout as well as a 20-minute strength workout and a separate warm-up and cool-down.
She also has HIIT cardio workouts on her You Tube channel. Other You Tube channels with HIIT workouts are Fitness Blender and RealFitTv, although I think both of those channels are tougher than Jessica.
Old 08-12-14, 07:27 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
You may want to checkout Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Cardio Blast, the 2nd workout is more plyo with the background exerciser showing modifications.
I did this one last night, thanks for your recommendation! I suddenly have the urge to buy all KCM workouts that I don't currently own. My collection is almost complete.

How about T25? I like Alpha the most (although a lot of VFers think it's too easy) since the pace is not that fast.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 08:03 PM  
nevertoolate

How about any of Amy Dixon's Breathless Body DVDs? She is a lot of fun, offers great modifications, and you can do the workouts in sections, depending on how much time (and energy!) you have. I love Amy for HIIT/Tabata workouts!

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 09:18 PM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Hello - I'm looking for 20-30 mins cardio that is in drill type/HIIT format in the intermediate range like Jillian's Body Rev cardio or 1 week shred cardio or metabolic conditioning. Just wanting to add in this workout in the evening (since I have some extra time this month) that boosts metabolism. I like Jillian but can only take so much of her and Cathe's workouts are too advanced. Thanks!
If you like streaming fitness websites, I recommend Extreme Cardio from thegymbox.com. They have plenty of 30 minute options. Some workouts are low impact, some are mixed impact and while some use props like a step or weights, most are pure cardio drills on the floor.

I second the suggestion for KCM'c Plyo workout in Cardio Blast and also her TLC. No dread, but effective. I also second Turbo Fire HIITs - they are my favourites.

I have never tried Jillian's Body Rev. I rate my cardio fitness as intermediate and I can cope with these.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hiit, intermediate hiit, metabolic workouts, short hiit, short metabolic, short workouts