Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-20, 02:28 PM  
cherimac

Hi, all. I opted not to work this week. I think I will go in next week, but my supervisor is being really supportive. She's telling me to put my family first.

PN Restorative Pilates
Buff Bites

Buff Bites is really innovative. We were doing balance and upper body work on all 4s, but it worked my entire body too. I am really enjoying throwing it into the mix.

Christine
~I would DEFINITELY push for both of you to be tested. 100%. Please know I'm in your prayers.

Yeah, they're working on tests that can tell you something in a matter of minutes. That's been a big part of the problem~lack of tests and how long it takes for results.
Old 03-31-20, 07:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Maryland is now under a "stay at home" order. In a way it is a relief b/c I did not want to go in to the office this Friday (w/ one confirmed case of COVID-19 in the building and possibly more!) - at least now the decision has been made for me. We are all teleworking 100% of the time - we are not ready for it at all - way too dependent on paper - but it is what it is and we'll just have to deal with it. I expect that when we finally do go back it is going to be a disaster with trying to get caught up on things that could not be done remotely.

Anyway - it is what it is...

Today's workouts were:

CocoLime Fitness - 30 min cardio - i don't think this is on You Tube any more, but i can access it since I purchased one of her programs a few years ago.

Blessful Body - Full Body Balance - this was a Pilates/Yoga blend.

Yesterday DD and I took a walk with the dogs and I also did Ellen's Power 15 as a mid-day "spark"

Christine - praying for you - I hope that you get answers soon about what is going on.

Cheri - buff bites sounds very intriguing! Although I technically should have time for longer workouts - I just can't commit myself to doing anything in particular right now - but I think something like Buff Bites would work since it is short and I can sneak it whenever I can .

Carol - I like the clips from the Walk, Run and Lift from Leslie - there is a clip on You Tube - I wonder it that program will be for sale at any point? I am tempted to sign up for Leslie's Daily Walk just so I can try it!

Linda - good luck with whatever you decide to do! For me, I can't focus on anything in particular right now - so although I do end up wasting a fair but of time trying to decide what to do...that is where I'm at, LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 08:44 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were:

Dog Walk - 30 minutes;
Bar Method - Bar Where You Are #4 - 30 minutes

The Bar Where You Are workout was one of the live workouts that Bar Method has been doing on Facebook. They are live at 10:30 am and saved to their Facebook page. The workout was shot in an instructor's home, and the streaming quality was actually crappy, but that may be because I did it at 9:45 last night and everyone was on the Internet. Lesson learned - don't wait that long to stream a workout. Anyway, this Bar Method workout was all upper body - that was weird! Good exercises, good stretches.

As of last night, our City is officially under an "all in" order for the next 2 weeks - funny how cities and states seem to think that they need to make these orders catchy. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure how much more restrictive this is than our previous order, but I guess it is. Well, actually it is - you can't get your hair cut anymore, which I wasn't about to do anyway (no way you could social distance that haircut - I wondered why they were allowed to remain open when other places were not under the earlier order.) I am considered essential, so I can go to work as needed, which is good.

Donna - I am not a happy camper working at home. Stuff doesn't work the way it's supposed to, it's hard to put it down and walk away, etc. Oh well. It's what we are doing for the foreseeable future.

We announced yesterday that the school would be doing remote learning through May 1st. I'm sure we'll have some parents who are not happy about that announcement. Our public schools are scheduled to resume on April 14th according to the Mayor's order, but I don't see how they can possibly do that. I feel like our cases are about to explode.

On a happier note, I think I will subscribe to Leslie for the month of April - I'd love some new content from her folks. I haven't heard much about this program - I had heard a few rumors a while back, but no mention of whether DVDs would be available.

Cheri - You are tempting me to resubscribe to Buff Bites. I enjoyed it the month that I did it. Probably a wise decision to stay home for a bit.

Christine - You both are in my prayers. I hope you get answers soon. Continue to be your own best advocate. If you aren't, no one will be. Doctors are so overwhelmed these days.

Waves to Linda and Brenda!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 08:53 AM  
furmomof6

Hi, I wanted to share an update. DH started feeling better yesterday afternoon, had no fever last night, and much better today, although still slightly winded when doing too much. He spoke with our doctor who decided not to retest him for now since he's feeling better and test kits are scarce. It officially lasted 14 days, so it could be what he had. Once our doc gets more test kits, he said he will test me. So far no fever, but my throat is killing me and the cough is worse.

I'll come back for personals. I'm thinking of everyone and praying, thank you for the prayers too!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Christine - so glad that your DH didn't have a fever yesterday. I hope that you feel better soon. take care of yourself.

On a more mundane note, Carol - I think I'm going to spend the $5 and subscribe to the Daily walk - I am all over the place in my workouts. I Just need to remember to cancel my free trials when they are due to be cancelled so as to avoid any surprises! I do want to try this walk, run, lift program.

And, darn, I want buff bites, too.

Must make a list of subscription end dates, lol!

Donna
Old 03-31-20, 11:16 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

My DH wanted to take advantage of the "senior" hours at the grocery store so we made a run to pick up some fresh produce first thing in the morning. Seems like all seniors had the same idea. Store was more crowded than usual with people standing in front of goods and reading labels at length which made it impossible for others to pick up what they wanted without reaching around them or coming back to see if they've finally moved on. I don't think we'll be shopping that early again. Our store was pretty well stocked but I've noticed that produce is not as fresh and perky as it usually is.

When we came back I streamed:

GHUTV Gold Live Walk & Sculpt 3 With the Medicine Ball - 49min. I had no problems streaming except the last 10 minutes when picture froze for about 10 seconds three different times. Had it been earlier in the workout, I would've stopped and put the DVD in but this was acceptable as I was almost done. Great workout!

Christine, I'm glad your husband is feeling better. I hope you get well soon too!

Waves to all!
Old 03-31-20, 04:42 PM  
furmomof6

I just got back from my doctor's office. He got more kits and tested me for the virus. He said it's probably not that (which made me feel better), but he wanted to check for peace of mind since my husband was most likely a false negative. We'll see what it says. So far still no fever, just a bad sore throat and cough. I have to say, we're fortunate that our doctor is one of a kind. He used to do house calls for my grandma when she lived with us. He's really caring and always goes the extra mile to help us. Well, really he's that way with all his patients.

Dana, thank you! I'm sorry about the supermarket experience. It's like that around here too during normal hours. I haven't gone in a while, I dread the next trip.

Donna, thank you! I want to subscribe to Leslie too. Does she have more of a variety now than just walking?

Carol, thank you for the prayers! I didn't realize your area wasn't under a more strict "stay in" type a deal. Our hair salons have been closed for weeks. My sister has been joking about using a marker on her roots, lol.

Cheri, thanks for the prayers too! My doc said I should hear back within 24-72 hours. I'm glad you decided to stay home for now!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 05:10 PM  
donnamp

Feel better, Christine. I wish more doctors were like that.

Dana - sometimes I think the special hours just encourage people to congregate!

It is a shame that people have created such a panic in the grocery stores w/ the hoarding.

Donna
Old 03-31-20, 07:58 PM  
cherimac

Good Evening! It's been a crazy day. DD's laptop is dying, so she's been using the one I bought for myself, that my son uses a lot. I finally got a chance to hop on.

PN Pilates for Back
Buff Bites, Hip Mobility and Coordination work

Christine~I've been wondering about you and asked my mom to be praying too. Thank you for the update. I'm glad your DH is feeling better.

Donna and Carol~I just like knowing that Buff Bites will get me moving first thing in the morning. I really need to walk more, but our neighborhood is a really boring place to walk, haha.
Old 03-31-20, 10:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

christine what a great doctor. I will pray for your test to be negative. I hope your DH continues to improve.

Carol Have you seem what the VA governor issued and it's until June 10th I think.

cheri we had to get a part for my daughter's laptop to help her access the wifi. With all classes online she can't afford to be without a laptop and of course, this is when hers starts glitching. Always something.

Donna this shortage of stuff is so unnecessary. The store closest to me has FINALLY started limiting the purchase of ground beef so there was finally meat for me to buy.

Dana when I went to the store I had the hardest time getting some spices because people were standing there full bodies covering...it used to be people would look and choose rather quickly. Now there's seems to be a whole lot of pondering that includes standing full on covering the shelves. I wonder if it's people who are having to cook who have never done it before?

Finally, did my first Ellen--Fat burning fusion. The workout would be nice even if you just did a few chapters, imho. Her cuing is late or not early enough to help you transition but she does enough repetitions that you can catch up. It was a feel good workout and a great introduction to my Ellen adventure.
I have also been methodically going through CS Forever Painless 2 dvd set and it's been a good way to get out the body kinks. Only have a few more workouts to do.

Hope you are doing well, Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote