Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-20, 12:16 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post

D'Argo and Chianna used to get so excited about Fleet Farm sacks bc they knew I bought their treats and stuff there.
Your dog names made me smile, as a huge Farscape fan. Perhaps some binge-watching of my boxed set is in order.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 12:23 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Your dog names made me smile, as a huge Farscape fan. Perhaps some binge-watching of my boxed set is in order.
Oh this made me so happy to hear of a fellow fan! We started rewatching the series in December. and it is so weird to hear my dogs' names again! Makes me feel liike they're still here with us. Most people have never heard of the show and always asked where the names came from.

Cyric's name is from Dungeons & Dragons.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 02:01 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Our local legislators have to decide which businesses are essential and need to remain open.

There was debate about whether strip clubs are essential. Happily, they decided that no, strip clubs are not essential.

What a world we live in!
Ain't it the truth! Liquor stores here are "essential businesses." My DH's employer is "urgently" soliciting employees to write to our congressperson demanding that they be considered an "essential business." (it's a furniture store, so ummm I don't think so). Meanwhile, they are doing NOTHING for the commission salespeople after cutting their hours from 40 to roughly 15. Oh, correction, they will "give" up to 2 weeks sick pay IF you get the virus. DH is concerned about being able to make enough money to pay our healthcare premium since if he doesn't sell anything he doesn't get paid. ***sigh*** I know a lot of people are in the same boat. Tough times.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 02:18 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Ain't it the truth! Liquor stores here are "essential businesses.".....
Unfortunately, they are. They medicate the stressed out masses and keep them better behaved than they might be. Not that alcohol is smart juice but it can keep people entertained and sedated while at home. More importantly, removing alcohol access would send more burden to the hospitals as both functioning and non functioning alcoholics slip into detox mode.
Old 03-29-20, 02:19 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
No recipe needed! I just boil macaroni, drain it, add a bunch of butter and garlic salt. Voila! Sometimes I sprinkle grated parmesan as well for my form of mac & cheese.
One of my favorite comfort foods. I sometimes boil the noodles, then saute them with butter, olive oil, fresh garlic and broccoli. Buttered noodles were one of my faves when I was a kid.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 02:27 PM  
sherry7899

I love the Pennsylvania Dutch brand egg noodles.
I am glad a local store had them on sale recently. I love them with butter or mixed with ricotta cheese. I never had them with ricotta until a friend made them that way because her husband is severely allergic to tomatoes.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 03:10 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
One of my favorite comfort foods. I sometimes boil the noodles, then saute them with butter, olive oil, fresh garlic and broccoli. Buttered noodles were one of my faves when I was a kid.
That sounds healthier but like more work!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 03:47 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I love the Pennsylvania Dutch brand egg noodles......
My mom use to make Kluski noodles every Thanksgiving---they are so addictive!! I can't bring them in the house because between the good memories they elicit and the yummy taste, I would gain weight very quickly. I hope heaven has calorie-free kluski noodles lol
Old 03-29-20, 03:55 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
My mom use to make Kluski noodles every Thanksgiving---they are so addictive!! I can't bring them in the house because between the good memories they elicit and the yummy taste, I would gain weight very quickly. I hope heaven has calorie-free kluski noodles lol
I need to look up Kluski noodles now.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 04:10 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I need to look up Kluski noodles now.
This is the brand she used. They are a dense version of egg noodles similar to Pennsylvania Dutch noodles.

Good thing they are so expensive on Amazon right now. All this talk is making me hungry for them

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19