Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-22-20, 08:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I have seen versions of the points used in yoga nidra (I have seen a lower number used too). I was thinking about doing some kind of yoga nidra, although I haven't really been trained in that per se. I guess I could call it a "nidra-like" practice. Another thing I was thinking about doing was ballwork, but some people might not have balls (even tennis) at home. I'm trying to make the practices I film accessible to everyone. Keep enjoying your music!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 09:29 PM  
JustSandra

Hello again!

It was another day of outdoor walking only -- no formal workouts. In my defense, the weather was beautiful (clear and low 70s), and we have rain moving in. Since it is beginning to look like we'll be hunkering for quite some time, I need to start being proactive as far as organizing my activities during Practice Retirement 2.

Beth: That is cheering news that your grocery store was restocked. I am trying to avoid entering any stores until at least Thursday. Spoke with someone who went to a Trader Joe's in a nearby city -- and had his hands sprayed with sanitizer before he went in! My niece is doing a private yoga session this evening -- via video.

Paine: Sure hope your daughter's flight goes out okay. Glad to hear you are not missing snow (or, presumably, moose!).

Garrie: That's funny about the channel changing!

Cyana: I am really missing my library, my co-workers and our patrons. The other day on Facebook my library system had a "Do You Miss Us?" post, and it was illustrated with a picture of the branch where I work (*sniffle*).

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 04:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi everyone--I had a pretty first day of work from home! We seem to have a very anxious staff (yes, a bunch of anxious counselors! ), so much of my time over the past week has been dealing with staff reactions.

I did manage to exercise as well as to film my first short (5m) meditation video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2G2C89Fsuo

Hope everyone is as well as can been expected!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-23-20, 06:31 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth's 5-Minute Just Sit Meditation

No formal workout today but I did Beth's 5-Minute Just Sit Meditation which was really nice--thanks Beth! Also thank you Beth, for the resource links at your website--much appreciated.

I can't get an appointment at the DMV to take the written test to get my driver's license (with REAL ID) and walk-ins aren't allowed because of the coronavirus. This is a weird time in my life!

Cyana, in my youth, I too loved the rock band Chicago.

Sandra, I don't miss the moose or their plentiful presents.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 07:32 PM  
Anny

Paine that’s so awkward re the driving test. I also hope your dd can fly. I had to cancel my trip to Adelaide (interstate) as there is now a 14 day isolation period after travel each way and that is just not doable for me with work.

Sandra thank you for the start! I’m glad to hear you are feeling like you can get in some walks and workouts.

Beth I did your 30 minute practice on Sunday as I had a migraine so just did a very short walk and your yoga. It did make new feel good after so thank you!!

Garrie and cyana nice to hear from you both!

I’m working from home some days but am expected to be in the office other days. Lots of telcos and videoconferencing as well. We move to video tutorials with students next week.

Yesterday and today I’ve been doing some miles from Leslie’s Walk 15 set and I thought of you, Sandra, as I know you also like that set. As today is a work at home day, I am also planning a walk outside.
Old 03-23-20, 07:32 PM  
cyana

Beth - My original yoga studio owner did a 108 points meditation - that was my introduction. I think a lot of people would have some sort of balls around the house.

Sandra - I'd be happy to have my hands sprayed with sanitizer, but would still want wipes for the handles on the shopping carts. I wiped the heck out of those handles even before Covid-19!! One of my market vendors had 91% alcohol in a spray bottle, which I thought was pretty neat. She got it at Walgreen's some time ago and refills it when needed.

Paine - Ugh on the DMV, that's always a painful chore.

Getting to head to the bedroom and do yoga with Dr. Beth.

Stay well.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 07:35 PM  
cyana

Waves to Anny - looks like we were cross-posting. Bummer on your trip. Hopefully you'll be able to reschedule soon. Hopefully all of your technology is working well. I spoke to someone I know who is a university professor and she was ready to throw up her hands last week.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 08:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, you are welcome! The meditation was easier than the yoga (mainly b/c it was shorter), so I hope to do another one tomorrow. I actually just went down to the basement to re-arrange some of the things in the background so that it would look a little better, haha. Glad you have found the links to be helpful too. I feel very lucky to have renewed my license (with Real ID) around this time last year!

Aww, Anny, I am so glad you liked the practice too! Btw, I got to "see" you on YT as well; it's nice to connect people I know here with what they actually look like. Lots of people here are cancelling travel plans too. Again, I feel very lucky not to have anything major upcoming.

cyana, you are probably right about the balls. I will keep that idea as a possibility--especially since I might quickly run out of other ideas, LOL.
Do you get Bernie Clark's "Yinsights" newsletter? I saved this long article about yin in the last one; off to read it now!
https://www.yinyoga.com/Addressing%2...03.20.2020.pdf

Waves and (((HUGS))) to everyone else!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-23-20, 08:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Here's something to make you all laugh! A local yoga teacher (who is so sweet and who I took SUP yoga with over the summer) has her husband doing short joke yoga videos on IG. They are hilarious!!!
https://www.instagram.com/rocyogarevolution/

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-23-20, 08:45 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Monday!

Today's Workout: Haven't done much Jessica Smith lately, so today I did the Upper Body Strength routine from the original Walk Strong set. I did decrease most of my usual poundage since I'm still not 100% sure on my shoulder (although it feels just fine).

I also did our Beth's 5-minute meditation (thank you, that was lovely!), plus I got outside for a 90-minute LPW (Long Pointless Walk ).

Paine: Sorry to hear about the DMV issue. Maybe the deadline will be extended for getting the Real ID.

Anny: Leslie's DVDs are no-dread workouts for me. I also like Leslie's assistant instructors in Walk 15.

Cyana: I don't think I have any rubbing alcohol. I do have vodka (which I bought for making scents, not drinking!) but I understand its alcohol content is not high enough for sanitizing.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote