Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-05-20, 07:18 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Chrys--ugh! on the headache!! Hope it goes away soon (and stays away!)

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 07:29 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
[B]
Mathteacher what's a blue and you challenge?
It is a fitness challenge Blue Cross and Blue Shield does every year. Groups across the state are created by banks, companies, schools, hospitals, law firms etc. There are also teams within each group. We log our steps and daily exercise in March, April and May. There are leader boards and team standing so we can see how our group stacks up in the state and how our team does against each other. It is lots of fun even though our team always loses.
Old 03-05-20, 08:21 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a dog walk this afternoon, and will do more cardio later. My cousin messaged me that my uncle died this morning. I had to leave work to tell my mom (it's her bro in law, and she's known him longer than her sister who married him). She was a mess; so was I. He had been sick with a cold, and when my aunt woke up he was breathing. She went and fed the cat, came back, and he was gone. Such a shock.
Linda, it's hard to believe that I've been a school counselor for 28 years - 2 at the middle school level and the rest at high school. I really love my job, but I'm getting close to retiring.
Dorothy, thank you- no headache today.
MathTeacher, that sounds like fun!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 08:49 PM  
MathTeacher

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.
Old 03-06-20, 12:16 AM  
CharM

Chrys, I'm sorry about your uncle.

Cher, good news about your biopsies.

Clerkin, let baby Kian know that his VF Aunties are thinking of him.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 07:21 AM  
Cher

Chrys, I’m so sorry about your uncle. So sad.

MathTeacher, the Blue challenge sounds fun.

AnMrsDe, how’s your back?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 07:48 AM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, there seemed like a lot of action in the Van Diesel trailer! Probably will wait till that one comes to TV.

Jane, I don't think I have seen any other shows that Elizabeth Moss starred in that I know of. Great job on the run!

Chrys, so sorry about your loss.

Dorothy, glad to hear your shoulder is better to do all your push-ups again!

MathTeacher, that sounds like fun! Good luck to your group and hope they all work for it! My DD is in a weight loss challenge and she is trying SO hard b/c she doesn't want to let her team down. She's lost around 10# so far (2 more weeks to go but she IS doing it for HERSELF mostly). ;0) She's loving this warmer weather to run OUTSIDE instead of on my Treadmill. :0)// I bet you're super excited about the upcoming Cher concert!

Cher, glad your biopsies are normal!! My back is a little better but I still feel it. Thanks for asking. I think the PT workouts are helping though. It takes watching a baby to have the time to do them like I should, LOL!

Clerkin, still praying for baby Kian. I hope things are improving for him. I'm going to purchase that PHA 2020 Live for sure! Just waiting on another substantial sale....

fanofladyvols, you made me laugh! And I had to look up who Linda Stejskal is. Is that Linda Wooldridge's married name? I think I would've stuck with Wooldridge! haha (This coming from a person who was never so elated to obtain a much shorter and easy-to-spell last married name)!!

Waves and Hi's to all! Have a great weekend!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 08:51 AM  
fanofladyvols

cdayley sorry to hear about your loss. And wow, you have hung in your job a long time...good for you!

AnMrsDe Linda Wooldridge was her married name...Stejskal must be her maiden name.

Mathteacher thanks for letting me know what that meant. Good luck to you and your team goals!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 11:03 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
AnMrsDe Linda Wooldridge was her married name...Stejskal must be her maiden name.
Ah, thanks for the clarification! Best wishes to her...she seems really sweet.

Jane/Clerkin, you MUST try Yvette's newest BOSU workout (BOSU Buddy Workout - Shoulders & Triceps)...it's just Yvette and her brother in the class. (It's easier (it's only 42 min., and w/ lots of downtime than her other classes) but I still burned tons of calories!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 06:37 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Chrys--so sorry for your loss. That is such a shock that it happened so suddenly; makes it harder I think.

I also hope you get to retire soon. You've no doubt touched thousands of young lives in a positive way--you deserve to relax and enjoy life!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts