Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-13-19, 12:17 PM  
slockhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I was wondering if she meant the Joyce clips at Collage. Those are pretty short clips so hard to get an idea of how easy/tough the workout might be, I think.
Yes! it was actually on Collage that I saw the clips, and yes, I guess they are quite short
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 12:19 PM  
slockhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Hi Stacey, when you say lower weight/high reps, what do you mean? I meant, what would you consider lower weight? And what would you consider high reps? Just asking, because I have been checking in my collection to see if I have anything that look like it. I have some workouts that use 12-10-8 reps classic pyramid style, where you increase your weights as you do less reps, but I don't consider them lower weigh/high reps (Body Beast, for example), I thought high reps would be something like 15 reps or more each set with the same weight (?).
Hi there! When I say high reps workout, I'm referring to like a BodyPump class, or Muscle Max/High Reps/PowerHour type of workouts, or Get ripped by Jari Love, but extended. Like usually, in these workouts, they spend 5-7 minutes per body part on average, I would like to find a program in this format, but longer sets per body part, if that makes sense....
Old 11-13-19, 01:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
Hi there! When I say high reps workout, I'm referring to like a BodyPump class, or Muscle Max/High Reps/PowerHour type of workouts, or Get ripped by Jari Love, but extended. Like usually, in these workouts, they spend 5-7 minutes per body part on average, I would like to find a program in this format, but longer sets per body part, if that makes sense....
Linda Wooldridge has a "100 rep challenge series" (not to be confused with her Endurance series, which is Tonique style).

http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/we...blast-1-2-dvd/

I don't own this one, but it's been talked about on VF. i'll try to tag this thread to direct you to those reviews.

also, Linda posted some of the segments on youtube for free:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
The other day I did the Glutes, Outer Thighs, and Biceps & Triceps workouts on YouTube; they sound exactly like what's posted here. I know that that the Inner Thighs and Abs were also available, but I'm not sure about the others.

Here's a link. It looks like all the segments might be there, but I couldn't find a specific playlist. I might try the squat and kick one next!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGm...smXgnnsmfF95PA

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 02:36 PM  
slockhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Linda Wooldridge has a "100 rep challenge series" (not to be confused with her Endurance series, which is Tonique style).

http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/we...blast-1-2-dvd/

I don't own this one, but it's been talked about on VF. i'll try to tag this thread to direct you to those reviews.

also, Linda posted some of the segments on youtube for free:
I never even thought about Linda! TBH, I have a few of her DVDs but I don't do them, they have a dread factor for me, but this 100 rep challenge actually looks like what I'm looking for! The drop sets look good too!

thank you
Old 11-13-19, 06:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I never even thought about Linda! TBH, I have a few of her DVDs but I don't do them, they have a dread factor for me, but this 100 rep challenge actually looks like what I'm looking for! The drop sets look good too!

thank you
apparently, Cathe's xTrain series has a "100 rep challenge" on some of the DVDs as a separate chapter. I don't own xTrain, but a "100 rep challenge" associated with Cathe's xTrain series pops up when you search VF.

xTrain reviews from VF reviews section:
Hard Strikes (100 reps biceps) http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=4371
Chest, Back & Shoulders (100 reps lateral raises) http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=4364
All Out Low Impact HIIT: 100 Rep Challenge Scarecrows http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=4370
Tabatacise: http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=4372

other xTrain with 100 rep challenges:
Super Cuts: 100 reps hip thrusts
Cardio Leg Blast: 100 Rep Challenge Hip Thrusts & 100 Rep Challenge Scarecrows
Legs & Rear Delts - 100 Rep Challenge Hip Thrusts
Bi's and Tri's: 100 Rep Challenge Bicep Curls and 100 Rep Challenge Flat Bench Tricep Extensions
Burn Sets: 100 rep challenge abs

note: Ride is the only one that appears to exclude a 100 rep challenge, but again, I am only going by what the breakdown shows on Mary's site or on VF reviews.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 11-13-19, 07:15 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
It does make sense! I was also thinking about BodyPump or Jari Love when you mentioned high reps low weights. It would be fun a body building splits series using that reps range. Maybe we could suggest Cathe something like this for her next DVD set.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 10:37 AM  
upperwside

Jari Love, she used high reps and lower weight. She has some workouts with cardio and weight intervals.. And some just weights.. But your heart rate will go up!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 12:53 PM  
slockhart

Quote:

thank you
Do you know what's funny....I think I actually owned the 100 rep challenge and traded it because of the dread factor it had for me at the time. So maybe I won't purchase it again! How many times do we have to do this before we remember not to get rid of anything?!
Old 11-14-19, 01:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Do you know what's funny....I think I actually owned the 100 rep challenge and traded it because of the dread factor it had for me at the time. So maybe I won't purchase it again! How many times do we have to do this before we remember not to get rid of anything?!
yes, the bain of purging. alas.

Linda has them on her youtube channel, so you can pick the ones you want to try, and if you really like them, you can buy later.

I would also consider Cathe's xTrain series (see my earlier post). She also has Muscle Endurance, a high-rep, low weight workout. i like ME. that DVD includes Bootcamp and premixes of both. As mentioned by others, Jari Love is a really good HRLW option. i have almost all of her workouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Cathe Power Hour
Cathe High Reps
Cathe STS Meso 1
Cathe Muscle Endurance - okay, not really light weight, but you can make it lighter. It's definitely an endurance workout
Jari Love - all! I am very fond of the newer ones with the dark sets (go figure!)
Gin Miller Muscle Endurance
Gin Miller Bella Strength

Tags
100 rep challenge, cathe 100 rep challenge, high rep, high reps, joyce vedral