Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-11-17, 09:16 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I had posted a thread on this last month - Kelly just doesn't seem to use a modifier any more. I saw a few modifications in the clips. I guess we're on our own.

I pretty much have to modify and from the earlier Lauren videos, have gotten pretty good at it.

Kelly wrote back to me on Facebook saying you can do the program without a step and without even a KB, just use the dumbbell - perhaps that is all the modification we get? (subbing out a DB)
I hate to say this but I think I made the right call for not pre-ordering. I like having a modifier and she has always used one, well maybe up until most recent releases anyway.

The workouts look good though, set looks nice and Kelly looks great as always but I don't think I really need these anyway. I will be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on them once they have the DVDs in their hands.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 09:37 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I think I read either on Facebook or on Kelly's forum a comment from her to the effect that she has modifications offered as needed, based on her experience from teaching the workouts in her classes for months before filming.

I know that as a beat up 60+ year old, I need more modifications than she is offering these days. Luckily I've been doing this long enough I know what to do. It was nice though to actually have a designated modifier who modified anything that was questionable.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 09:44 AM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
The clip wasn't much in my opinion. It isn't a clip like she has put up in the past. I would have liked to see a bit more of each workout. I ordered but I am not real thrilled. Hope the workouts are better than what I seen.
That's exactly my reaction to the clip. It seems unexciting and like a gazillion other Kelly workouts. I don't regret ordering since the price was so reasonable but I'm not really looking forward to it.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 11:50 AM  
bubbles76

These look really good to me. Almost wish I had preordered. Ah well, maybe in a trade or at a later date.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 12:42 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
These look really good to me. Almost wish I had preordered. Ah well, maybe in a trade or at a later date.
Pre-order ends tomorrow at noon (New Jersey time).
Old 11-11-17, 02:17 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Pre-order ends tomorrow at noon (New Jersey time).
She posted this on Facebook

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 06:56 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I think I read either on Facebook or on Kelly's forum a comment from her to the effect that she has modifications offered as needed, based on her experience from teaching the workouts in her classes for months before filming.

I know that as a beat up 60+ year old, I need more modifications than she is offering these days. Luckily I've been doing this long enough I know what to do. It was nice though to actually have a designated modifier who modified anything that was questionable.

Carol
Carol, I could have written your post word-for-word. I Kelly; she is a mainstay in my workout rotation, but I've had to modify a lot in the last few dvds of hers. Fortunately, I know how & I'm old enough to be long past the 'I've gotta keep up' compulsion. I'd love to see her go back to her Step Boxing level of intensity/impact.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 09:37 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
I'm still on the fence for some reason.
I caved. I'm not sold on kbkb, but I'm sure I'll like the rest. I'm also going to stop looking at the YouTube clip before I find things to criticize. haha I canceled my Callanetics order with Amazon because I looked at the clip too often and didn't like what I saw.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 05:56 PM  
marki64

The clips look good!
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 08:01 PM  
Garrie A.

I missed the preorder because I'm going to wait for reviews. I'm a little late to the KCM party (although my collection has expanded since last year), and while these look good I want to wait and hear others' thoughts.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build and burn, home gym intervals, kcm, kcm build and burn, kelly coffey-meyer, kettlebells