Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-15, 02:15 PM  
Erica H.

I used to drink diet soda all day long and then gave it up with no side effects at all (good or bad). For years, I only drank it a few times a year at parties, but I started drinking it a couple of years ago again for the caffeine and now I am totally hooked. I drink 4-5 cans a day now. I know I should stop, but I really enjoy it and I feel like I need the caffeine.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-15, 06:49 PM  
thelmaloo

I was a die hard soda drinker since the 1960s. I even drank Tab and Fresca. I drank a ton of diet dr pepper and diet coke ( sometimes 5 cans a day ) throughout my childhood to age 55. On Easter this year I decided to stop drinking them, mainly because I couldn't afford it anymore. It was hard. Had a relapse 2 weeks later but it didn't taste good anymore. Kind of yucky. So that was it. I do drink more coffee and tea in the morning, which has helped. I find food tastes better, I can think better, I have more energy to workout, I don't crave junk food anymore,i sleep better and my stomach has lost that bloated feeling. So, It has helped me to cut them out. I still crave one from time to time but I figure I am saving a lot of money and really feeling better so I just don't buy them. Keep in mind I drank a lot of them for many years. Maybe that is why it has been so positive for me. Only wish I had stopped years ago, or at least cut down. I love water now. Good luck to everyone who wants to quit soda. It has been worth it for me.
thelmaloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diet soda, off topic