Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-11, 10:36 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
Yes, they are. I follow along on the Steve Maxwell one and just shift to the next exercise when he does. Technically, he does a set number of reps (usually 10) and moves on through the series of exercises, with the goal of completing the workout (300 reps in the workout) in a faster time, but it works just fine as a follow-along with his pacing - usually I get a few extra reps in as he's apologizing to his wife for dropping a KB and denting the wooden floor or showing positions where you can rest. Steve Cotter's Disk 4 is follow along.
Awesome! Thank you! Can't seem to get into non-follow along workouts. I need to be pushed more than I push myself.

Thanks for the response!
Old 07-29-11, 11:22 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Yes, the Peak Fit Cardio Strength workouts do keep your hr in an aerobic range, and also the Pure Strength ones.

Metabolic Effect is another one. Jade and Keoni Teta are big on metabolic training.
Old 07-29-11, 11:32 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Metabolic Effect is another one. Jade and Keoni Teta are big on metabolic training.
I saw your review on this DVD. Did you like it? Think it was tough?
Old 07-29-11, 12:00 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
I saw your review on this DVD. Did you like it? Think it was tough?
Well, it's different. It's kind of weird to have Jade yacking off camera through the whole thing.

I think I've done it two or three times so it's obviously not my favorite. It can be as hard or easy as you want to make it based on how heavy you go. I think it was weird for me because I'm used to a set number of reps or at least a set time and although these exercises are done for time, you're supposed to work til you can't do anymore then rest for as short a time as possible before resuming. It was just....different. I can honestly say I have nothing else like it.

I saw a clip at the time the dvd came out that I think was of one of their classes. It was much more interesting than the dvd workout because they were using a variety of toys and the dvd only uses dumbbells. I guess maybe I was disappointed in it because of that. But I can understand that it would be difficult to make a dvd using so many props. Other instructors have been criticized for doing so because most people don't have all of the equipment. But I think it would have made the workout more interesting and that's why I'm looking forward to Tracey Staehle's newest ones.
Old 07-29-11, 12:05 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Thanks for the response. I think tracy's will have the option of little or lots of equipment, which I find pretty cool. I'm looking forward to them too, though i will wait for reviews. I don't like too many o hers. CKC is really the only one I really like, so hopefully this will change that.

Tags
metabolic circuits, metabolic training, metabolic weight training, metabolic workouts