Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-20, 11:53 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. 3 mile dog walk yesterday and again today. I had to explain to my half sister yesterday that I wouldn't be attending any big family gatherings if she comes out here to visit. Neither will my 77 and 81 year old parents. Sheesh.
Deb, I wear my mask whenever I go out in public. And it's gardening time I'm glad you found your pedometer.
Sissy, all the canning sounds great!
Hi, Leslie!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 07:25 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I've been getting out to walk and doing Jessica Smith workouts. Here's a copy and paste of my workout log for the past week. (date, steps and workouts)
Sunday 10-May-20 1795
Monday 11-May-20 10274 JS AM Energizing Flow
Tuesday 12-May-20 4096
Wednesday 13-May-20 7811 JS Sole Sculpt Total Body Balance
Thursday 14-May-20 4392 JS Core Stretch Total Body Balance
Friday 15-May-20 9149 JS Burn Fat and Have Fun-Have a Ball!
Saturday 16-May-20 6125 JS Boost Metabolism and Muscle Upper Focus

Deb has been to my house and she has seen how my husband and I have room to spread out. I love it! Our house is well designed and not overly big. The people who built it had 5 kids (as do we) and I can fit a lot of people into it and still have privacy. We have 1 TV and dh handles all the remotes. We usually watch a show together at night and anything else I want to watch I will stream on my laptop in a different room. Deb, you and Mr. Deb should come over and walk the nature trail with us. Would you like your FitTower back? I haven't used it.

Canning---I have done quite a bit over the years----mostly jams and jellies recently. With just the 2 of us at home we don't use much. I have taken jars as hostess gifts when we travel, but those days are over for the forseeable future. I'm not sure if I'll can this year or not. My favorites are strawberry-rhubarb and cherry jams.

I have a sourdough English Muffin dough rising in the fridge...........I made my starter a few weeks ago and haven't used it much. Tomorrow I'll roll out the muffins and see how it goes!
Old 05-18-20, 03:02 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Jack and I walked at the nature trail. I have my english muffin dough out of the fridge and rising on the counter. Crabby day, but this too shall pass (Jack hopes, ha!) It is 62 and overcast here.
Old 05-19-20, 10:25 AM  
Sissy B

Friday, 5/15 - 11,333 steps/4.8 miles
Saturday, 5/16 - 10,264 steps/4.34 miles
Yosemite Fitbit Adventure: Vernal Falls Day 1 -10,264/15,000 steps completed
Sunday, 5/17 - 10,192 steps/4.31 miles
Yosemite Fitbit Adventure: Vernal Falls Day 2 - 15,000/15,000 steps completed
Monday, 5/18 - 12,147 steps/5.14 miles
Yosemite Fitbit Adventure: Valley Loop Day 1 - 12,147/35,800 steps completed

My WiFi has been spotty the last few days so I haven't been able to post until now.

I've been making an effort to get my steps in the past few days. Apparently Fitbit has a new feature where they put your step streak at the top of your account, but it's a day off. Yesterday it showed I had a 3 day streak, but it was actually 4. Today it's showing a 4 day streak and it should be 5.

Deb - DH is 6'7". He moved in with me after we got married and I had a full size bed at the time. It wasn't long before we upgraded to a King.

DD is starting to get tired of canning. She was very excited about it to begin with (and it gave her something to do) but she has made a lot of jams and jellies in a very short period of time. She's coming home this weekend so she's going to bring us any blueberries she gets when they pick tomorrow. We'll probably freeze the ones we don't eat.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 03:32 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Today's workout was Jessica Smith Dynamic Stretch. It's drizzling outside right now, but I managed to get in a 1.5 mile walk between the showers.

The english muffins turned out well. The interior texture is dense like a biscuit, maybe due to the recipe calling for a lot of sourdough starter and not much yeast, but they are good. I sliced them and put them in the freezer for the future.

We are still mostly shut down until May 29. I think elective surgeries can start back up, but hair salons and restaurants aren't open yet.
Old 05-20-20, 07:12 AM  
dbclark44

Sun 5/17 - 1724 steps/.70 mile
Mon 5/18 - Park walk 51 min/2.45 miles; 8707 steps/3.57 miles
Tue 5/19 - TM 45 min/2.1 miles; Slim & Limber; 7493 steps/3.07 miles

Happy Hump Day Ladies!!!

Leslie, you are doing so well with the home video workouts. Send me some of your motivation please. Our weather has been wet and cloudy since Saturday. No sunshine to speak of in our area. At least we're not getting that flooding that Chicago and areas in Michigan are getting. I've only picked up weights twice this month. Thank goodness the desire to get out the house is strong so I'll drive to a park weather permitting. Like you, I'm trying to get in walks between these showers which just won't let up. I wish Tropical Storm Arthur would hurry and move out. We're still dealing with remnants of it.

Sissy, wow! awesome step count. Funny about DD being tired of canning. Your hubby is tall! I knew he was over 6 ft, not by 7 inches though.

Chrys, hope you're doing well with all the end of year school stuff to do.

Ladies, if you haven't had a chance to see the American Idol "We Are the World" from the finale, you need to go to youtube and find it. It's with Lionel Ritchie and singers. It is phenomenal. I had tears while I was watching it. Very very impressive the way they did it.

Hopefully I can make it to the park today. Just had another of those annoying showers move through. The rain just won't leave.

Have a great day.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 10:35 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 5/19 - 12,623 steps/5.34 miles
Yosemite Fitbit Adventure: Valley Loop Day 2 - 24,770/35,800 steps completed

Now the step streak graphic has disappeared.

Deb - Thanks! I've been trying to make an effort to get my steps in, especially since I can't seem to get motivated to do anything else right now.
Old 05-21-20, 07:19 AM  
dbclark44

Wed 5/20 - TM 50 min/2.3 miles; Self weights - chest flies and presses; Park walk 23 min/1 mile; 11,157 steps/4.57 miles

Good day yesterday. Made it over 10K steps. Haven't hit that since one day last week.

I also made it to the park a couple hours after the TM. We're still under clouds with showers that pop up out of no where so it's a risk to go out. It misted while I was out but the rain held off. Our weather is supposed to improve over the next couple of days still under shower threats but at least the sun will come out and we'll be in the mid 80s vs. mid 60s.

Have a great Thursday.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 11:01 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 5/20 - 11,543 steps/4.88 miles
Yosemite Fitbit Adventure: Valley Loop Day 3 - 35,800/35,800 steps completed

DD's coming home for the weekend and I desperately need to go grocery shopping.
Old 05-21-20, 10:34 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. 3 mile dog walk today. Almost all the seniors have passed, so less of a stress headache. I was able to get my nails redone yesterday - I wore my mask, and my nail lady has plexiglass. I'm glad she does, because she has terrible health. If she got Covid, it could be really bad for her.
Sissy, good job with your fitbit adventure!
Deb, we barely made it home from our walk before a heavy rain shower started today.
Leslie, the English muffins sound yummy!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers