Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-07-20, 01:30 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Friday 1-May-20 6472 Cathe LITE Pyramid Pump Biceps Bonus
Saturday 2-May-20 2479
Sunday 3-May-20 4730
Monday 4-May-20 1822
Tuesday 5-May-20 9558
Wednesday 6-May-20 10252 Jessica Smith Walk Strong 1 Total Body
Thursday 7-May-20 Jessica Smith Total Body Balance Cardio Dance Sculpt

Copy and paste from my workout log.

I'm following (loosely) Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 4 week master rotation calendar. Today was Cardio Dance Sculpt from Total Body Balance. Short and sweet, would be a good travel workout since it incorporates body weight strength training. I'm walking on the treadmill right now and will head out to the high school track later. I printed out the Core Week rotation she has put out for us to start next week.

Deb I am loving the weather we are having here! I like it cool.

Sorry for everyone with allergy issues---we don't have much problem with allergies in our family.

Well, our governer has come up with a 5 phase plan for Illinois and Covid 19. All the regions are in phase 2 (flattening) right now. Certain public health parameters have to be met before we move into different phases. Phase 3 means hair salons, etc can reopen (with certain rules). I'd love a cut and color but am not sure if I'll go right away. Schools open in phase 4. All I can say is Jack and I are only doing Walmart grocery pickup these days!
Old 05-11-20, 04:18 PM  
Sissy B

DH and I got home this afternoon about 12:30 p.m. so I'm just checking in to say "Hi" and that I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. I'll come back later and record my steps (which were pathetic last week, even on the days we went to Kroger, Lowe's or Walmart, because the condo is small).
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-20, 04:44 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

The governor now says Illinois will peak in mid-June. Mother's day was good here. We went up to visit our youngest and his girlfriend in their new apartment (masks and social distancing). Jack and I took a walk around the nature trail today, but I forgot to wear my fitbit!.
Old 05-11-20, 10:15 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 3 mile dog walk today. I'm working to get out of the "I don't feel good" funk I'm in - it seems like either physically or mentally, I just don't feel like working out. There are lots of sad parents and kids with the way the school year is ending. And lots of sad teachers too. Tomorrow we at least get to see the seniors for a bit, because they are having senior pics done. The district is having banners made with their pictures, because we are doing a drive-through graduation. Each student will have a banner for their car.

Leslie, I hate it when I forget my fitbit!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 08:22 AM  
dbclark44

Thursday 5/7 - Park walk 90 min/4.29 miles; 12,339 steps/5.43 miles
Friday 5/8 - 2355 steps/.96 mile
Saturday 5/9 - 2799 steps/1.14 miles
Sunday 5/10 - 2169 steps/.89 mile
Monday 5/11 - Cathe Lite Pyramid Pump Lower Body Rds WU + Rds 1-3 + UB Premix; Grow Young Fitness Chair Yoga Practice 1

I broke down and bought 3 DVDs from Grow Young Fitness. It's geared mainly for the older folks, but I've found when I emphasize the moves I feel them real good. I balked at getting these before although I wanted them. They are pricey at almost $40 bucks a DVD but them they have 5-10 workouts on each one. Granted they are only 25-30 minutes long but that is okay some days. And most days for me. Anyway, I did one yesterday after my weights. No treadmill or walking. It's cloudy here, not supposed to rain. So I'm gonna head out to the park for a bit. Get in some miles.

Leslie, I used to hate to forget my FitBit too. Especially when i was doing Step Bets.

Sissy, welcome home.

Chrys, I love watching pictures of the drive bys on TV of the teachers in the neighborhoods. Especially the elementary age. It's a joy to see them waving at their teachers driving by.

This is such a sad time. I find myself tearing up a lot as I deal with it. My bowling is done for the season. We didn't finish, but the bowling allies won't open up in time to get them done before summer starts. We would have finished up the first week of this month normally. So we're done for now and hope by September we'll be able to start up again. Hope eternal. One can only hope.

Have a great Tuesday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 11:33 AM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 5/7 - 5119 steps/2.17 miles
Friday, 5/8 - 3393 steps/1.44 miles
Saturday, 5/9 - 4851 steps/2.05 miles
Sunday, 5/10 - 2841 steps/1.2 miles
Monday, 5/11 - 7505 steps/3.18 miles

Thursday DH got to the condo not long after I posted that he was on his way. He was able to fix the water supply pipe going to the washing machine and replace the hoses. While he made a trip to Lowe's to get what he needed, DD & I went to Kroger to get groceries.

Friday DD started making blueberry jam (she brought home a lot of blueberries from work on Tuesday). We watched Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. DD had gone to see it at the theater but DH and I had never seen it. It was okay.

We went to Walmart Saturday and got her a canning pot and a couple of other things she needed. She was used her stock pot as a water bath Friday night and really needed that to make the jam. She made another 2 batches of jam Saturday night then we watched Knives Out on DVD.

For Mother's Day, DH made blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and buttermilk pancakes topped with DD's blueberry jam. We got curbside Mexican for dinner and we watched Downton Abbey on DVD.

DH and I got up and came home yesterday morning. He wanted to come home on Sunday but I wanted to spend Mother's Day with my child. Once we got home I unpacked my suitcase, went to the post office and mailed a couple of bills, washed a load of clothes and did a load of his work uniforms, and scrubbed out 2 toilets.

My allergies are worse at home.

Leslie - I hate when I forget to wear my Fitbit.

Deb and Chrys- I think this is hard on everyone. It was weird being at the condo and basically just being at the condo. Usually when I go up to see DD, we have a lot going on. I felt like I was out of my routine, but I'm out of my routine at home too. And as much as I love him, it was worse when DH got there. Once the washing machine was fixed, he sat on the couch and watched what he wanted to on Netflix. And he always picks things that we're not interested in. He drives me crazy watching bad TV (he does it at home too, but the house is bigger and I can send him outside to work on his boat). This is why I have said we have to live somewhere with things to do once he retires, otherwise he will drive me crazy. We hit the point each night that we were over it and told him he was not in charge of the TV anymore. That's when we started having movie night.
Old 05-13-20, 08:19 AM  
dbclark44

Tuesday Park - walks 66 min/3.26 miles; 10,655 steps/4.37 miles

Left out at 9 yesterday for the park. Did one mile at one park then drove to the lake park I like and did a couple of miles there.

I admit to making a couple of unnecessary stops yesterday. First stop was the nursery to pick up some pots. I have a house plant that's overgrown its current pot and needs to be split into different plants. This will be the 2nd time I've done this. First time I took it to the nursery and paid to have it repotted. Got 3 plants out of it. Gave one to my DIL. This was over a year ago. She had to repot hers this month. She sent me a link of a lady walking you thru it on youtube. This plant is the Dead Crane and it grows so well with minimum maintenance. I have 2 of them but only one needs to be repotted right now and I'm sure I'll get about 3-4 plants from it. I bought 4 medium size pots and a large bag of potting soil. So that will be my project this week.

Unfortunately the nursery was out of potting soil so I ended up stopping in Home Depot to get a bag. They had plenty while the small mom & pop Joe's Basket didn't have any. DH said nurseries sell out quick and just don't have the large supplies on hand that mega stores like Home Depot or Lowes do.

Last stop I gassed up my car and came home. I was actually out for a good 4 hours.

I plan to do weights today. It's rainy off and on today. It was very cloudy most of yesterday but no rain. Today we have very cloudy and rain.

Sissy, I understand where you are coming from regarding DH. We spent 2 months in a 1BR 1 BA Jan-Feb and I came home knowing not to ever do that again. Way too close for comfort. I don't care what DH watches as long as I have a TV I can go to and watch what I want. Fortunately the condo in FL did have TV in the BR. So if one of us wanted to watch something else we could. My husband doesn't have the social life I do. So when things return to some sort of normalcy I'll be leaving him behind a lot which I did last year. Between my bowling, bible study, and church activities I stayed busy and relished a day at home when I had nothing I had to do but stay home. Funny, how that's flipped and I look for things to do to get out the house. I'm sure when DH retires you two will figure it.

Have a great day ladies.,

Old 05-15-20, 01:57 PM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 5/12 - 3703 steps/1.57 miles
Wednesday, 5/13 - 5404 steps/2.29 miles
Thursday, 5/14 - 10,359 steps/4.38 miles

DH and I both went and had our hair cut yesterday and then he went back to work last night. He's on night shift this set. I enjoyed having some time to myself to watch what I wanted to watch on TV last night so I watched the last 2 episodes of Midsomer Murders Series 21. I watched the first two episodes last week at the condo while DD was at work.

DD finished canning the blueberries she and and then she made some Jalapeno Pepper jelly a few days ago. Now she wants to try a Blueberry Jalapeno recipe with the blueberries she brought home this week.

Deb - I was hoping to go to one of the local nurseries while I was up at the condo but we just didn't have time. Our raised vegetable/herb garden beds and the 2 pots I have for flowers at home are empty. And DD & I wanted to get some potted plants for DD to put on the patio or balcony at the condo.

DD has a TV in her bedroom (so there are 2 TVs at the condo), but we don't have one in our room. With the king size bed and the layout/placement of the closet doors and the door to the balcony there's just not room for one in there.
Old 05-15-20, 09:23 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've been having stress headaches all week, so I've done basically nothing. It's so hard to deal with floundering seniors through text and phone calls. Our son bought a house, so we will be helping him move tomorrow. Our daughter is also buying a house, so I need to extend my trip to see her at the end of June - more moving help

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 06:50 AM  
dbclark44

Wed 5/13 - Park walk 45 min/2.18 miles
Thu 5/14 - Park walk 65 min/3.12 miles

I found my pedometer so I'm able to go back and record my steps. I wasn't even looking for it when I found it. That is how it goes though. Never can find something when you're looking for it.

DH and I tested neg for the virus. We decided to get tested when we saw they were starting drive by sites in our area. It took a while because we didn't prescreen, according to the web site it wasn't required. If we had done it properly it would have gone smoother and quicker. But DH is high risk with asthma and diabetes and me with my arthritis. So we decided to get it done. We wear masks everywhere so hopefully it helps, so wear your mask ladies.

I finally got around to repotting my plant. Got a total of 5 plants from it. That thing had roots for days when I upended it. Now I have to give them plenty of TLC and hopefully they take. I plan to give them away once it looks like they took. It wasn't too bad. I thought of you working on your garden Chrys. First time I've ever done anything like that. It was interesting to see how the roots grow on a plant.

Sissy, we have a queen size bed and my DH is just as big and tall as yours (seen pics on FB) so you would think we'd have a king. My next bed purchase will be a king. I've never had a king but man when we travel and get a king, I love it. So much room to move around without disturbing DH.

It's been raining here since yesterday afternoon. Just a wet wet couple of days. But man oh man are the temps mild.

Have a great Sunday ladies.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers