Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-20, 09:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Callanetics streaming

I signed up for the free trial and was looking around the site. It doesn't seem like there is a lot of content. It was hard for me to tell, I found it hard to navigate, but maybe 50 or 60 workouts overall? That doesn't seem like a lot. Can anyone tell me how many workouts are available for streaming and if they regularly add new content? I looked up past streaming threads but didn't find the info I was looking for. TIA
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 01:11 PM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I signed up for the free trial and was looking around the site. It doesn't seem like there is a lot of content. It was hard for me to tell, I found it hard to navigate, but maybe 50 or 60 workouts overall? That doesn't seem like a lot. Can anyone tell me how many workouts are available for streaming and if they regularly add new content? I looked up past streaming threads but didn't find the info I was looking for. TIA
I don't think they do add new content but it is also only $10/month.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 01:18 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I don't think they do add new content but it is also only $10/month.
It is reasonably priced. I guess it would be good for a month or two. I am enjoying the free trial .
Old 04-22-20, 09:38 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
It is reasonably priced. I guess it would be good for a month or two. I am enjoying the free trial .
You may find that once you get into it, there is enough content. The Callanetics exercise format is pretty consistent meaning that though you will see some variations in the different classes on the site, it generally follows a strict format, which is why the lack of new classes never bothered me. However, I do think there is a big difference in the teaching style and quality among the instructors on the site. If you are new to Callanetics or want to get your form really nailed down I would check out Sandra's or Adelaide's videos. Lacey has become the star of the show as far as Callanetics is concerned but her form in some of the moves is very questionable. IMO
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
You may find that once you get into it, there is enough content. The Callanetics exercise format is pretty consistent meaning that though you will see some variations in the different classes on the site, it generally follows a strict format, which is why the lack of new classes never bothered me. However, I do think there is a big difference in the teaching style and quality among the instructors on the site. If you are new to Callanetics or want to get your form really nailed down I would check out Sandra's or Adelaide's videos. Lacey has become the star of the show as far as Callanetics is concerned but her form in some of the moves is very questionable. IMO
I've done callanetics off and on for years. I can always use reminders on proper form though. I like Sandra's Callanetics Evolution the best I think, that's why I wanted to try the streaming workouts to get more of Sandra's workouts. I also tried Adelaide's beach workout and enjoyed that too. She had a few variations to some of the exercises which I enjoyed. I may keep it for a month but I never stick with just one form of exercise to it's hard for me to subscribe to a single site like this.

I appreciate your sharing your thoughts with me. You've been very helpful

Tags
callanetics, callanetics streaming, streaming