Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-12-20, 08:10 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I presented in 4 classes today, and I am tired. The funeral was fine yesterday, but I was very sad - it's hard to see your parents lose siblings and in laws in their age group. My cousin was a total jerk, but she is still angry about DH being the executor on our grandparent's will. Ugh on family dynamics.
I am not going to go to FL before I go to OH for spring break - the less time in planes the better. And I don't want to take anything to my elderly parents. I was able to change one flight on the internet, but I am currently on hold with United Airlines, because I can't cancel online. Hold time is supposed to be 2 hours. If I ever get done with this call, I will walk Jethro.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 09:58 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Deb, welcome back to Illinois.

Jack and I got back home Wednesday after a month spent in Africa. Our photo safari tour was outstanding. A true "trip of a lifetime". We were in Kenya and Tanzania.

Jack and I are mostly self-isolating ourselves just in case we picked up the virus in one of the 4 airports or the Chicago train station. I usually don't catch "stuff" so I'm hoping my luck will hold. We aren't going to the parish fundraiser tonight (sit down dinner, drinks and dancing for 2). I'm already starting to get bored and I just got home from our trip!

I looked into sleep trackers some more. I'd love one that could track my sleep as I move around from bed to couch. But they all seem to have sync issues and I'm not really interested in a watch or paying ANOTHER monthly fee. :/

I've started tracking calories, but go off rails every afternoon. Gained about 3.5 pounds on the trip.

Our oldest's office told him to work from home through April. Our daughter is to work from home as much as possible. Our youngest has had college classes move to an online platform and his work told him to work online. He's moving home after spring break (graduates in May, has a job at the place he's part-time working with right now). He took off for a spring break trip to Florida with his girlfriend even though DisneyWorld is closed. Our son John is still reporting to the office with no work from home instructions. Daniel lost $3,700 in bookings for the next week due to cancellations. $.1,900 was from a ski resort in a county that has banned gatherings greater than 25 people. He said he has about $4,000 in bookings in the next month and most are small jobs. Only 2 jobs are greater than $400. Will be interesting to see how this plays out for his entertainment business.

Workouts the past 2 days: Jessica Smith Walk Strong 1 Total Body Training and Firm Basics Sculpting with Weights. I also walked at the nature trail yesterday.

I signed up for the plant-based food newsletter the Washington Post offered. I made their vegan mac and cheese last night (nutritional yeast, etc) and thought it was good. Nobody else liked it as much as I did. The boys added parmesan cheese to theirs. I'll make vegetable curry tomorrow.

I'm going to do a Firm and hope there will be a break in the rain enough for me to walk. I'm getting ready to block news and social media for several hours. Today's goal is to totally unpack and get all the bills paid.
Old 03-15-20, 10:06 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I walked every day this week except yesterday - I had a headache all day. DH got home Friday, with a terrible cold. His dad's 90th birthday reception was cancelled yesterday, and he's only been able to visit with all of his siblings over facetime. He doesn't want to make all of them sick.
We had a meeting on Friday, and all non essential activities involving 250 + people are cancelled at school. We were also given disinfectant to clean our areas with, and alcohol spray to use every day after school. Idaho now has 5 confirmed cases - one of which is close to here. I think as soon as we have a case in Pocatello, school will close.
I took our son grocery shopping yesterday, and at his preferred store, we stood in a line that went to the back of the store. We went to a couple of other stores that weren't so bad. His gf got the last 2 packs of toilet paper at one of the stores. They both work at the state hospital, so I told them to eat at home and avoid crowds. They will have to work no matter what else closes.
I was able to get all my flights changed/cancelled. I don't have the email voucher from United yet, so I emailed them and started a case to find where it is.
I will be doing some walks today.

Leslie, glad you are back and had such a wonderful trip!

Chrys Dayley
Old 03-15-20, 06:07 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 3/9 - 9193 steps/3.89 miles
Tuesday, 3/10 - 7854 steps/3.32 miles
Wednesday, 3/11 - 6786 steps/2.87 miles
Thursday, 3/12 - 6657 steps/2.82 miles
Friday, 3/13 - 5253 steps/2.22 miles
Saturday, 3/14 - 7172 steps/3.03 miles

Since DD was home this week, we got some stuff done that we haven't been able to do while she was in Disney, like her dentist appointment Monday morning. Tuesday she followed me down to our mechanic's so we could drop off DH's hot rod truck to have some maintenance done on it. Wednesday I took her to get her hair colored and cut and then we went and had lunch at Carrabba's and stopped by Books-a-Million before going to the grocery store. We had just finished lunch when DH called to tell us the truck was ready, but there was no way for us to go get it before they closed. We got up early Thursday to go and pick up the truck (which had actually been ready since Tuesday afternoon but the owner forgot to call and let us know until Wednesday) before going and getting DD's FAFSA done. She also got a mani/pedi that day. Friday she had an early dentist appointment to have a filling done. Yesterday she helped a friend with his videography project and we watched Frozen II on DVD last night. The dogs got baths and I changed the sheets on our bed. Today has been a weird day since church was canceled. I've been catching up on laundry. DD left this afternoon and is on her way back to school now.

She was going to go back to school on Friday so she could go to the SEC Opening Weekend for baseball, but the games, and eventually the entire season, ended up being canceled thanks to the Coronavirus. Spring Break was also extended for another week and as of last notice, they're going to go to online classes for at least 2 weeks after that. She does have a job on campus, she works in the rose garden for the Ag Dept and she is supposed to go to work tomorrow. But right now, she's not happy and I have dealt with her attitude about all of this for most of the week.

Deb - I take a daily Zyrtec too and double it as needed.

Chrys - They have already closed schools here. DH has to work too. There's no way he can do his job remotely.

Leslie - I loved seeing all the pictures from your trip!

We've started social distancing this weekend as much as we can but I have got to go to the grocery store tomorrow. I'm going to make some chili, soups, etc. that can be frozen to use as needed. And honestly, I'm already starting to get bored/stir crazy and I've only been home for 2 days.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 08:16 AM  
dbclark44

Hi ladies. I don't know what's going on with me, but I haven't been motivated to do much exercise wise since I got back. A couple of days I did make it to the park and walk a couple of miles but we're over halfway thru the month and I've only done something twice?! I'm calling it the March Blahs.

My 2 bowling leagues are still bowling as of today anyway. The base hasn't closed so the bowling ally is staying open. I was going to go this morning but DH started in about the whole social aspect of it not being a good idea with him being in the high risk category (diabetes and asthma). So I'm erring on the side of caution (to make him happy) and staying home. Although our church was cancelled we did tune in with them online. And I still had to go out there that afternoon for a council meeting so I did a little running around yesterday.

Hopefully I'll get motivated to start doing something. I've gained 10 pounds over the past 3 months, so I have some work to do.

Chrys, safe travels.

Leslie, welcome home! Your trip sounds marvelous.

Sissy, sorry about DD's attitude. Amidst all the chaos in the world, one's problems are all that matters.

Glad everyone is healthy. Take care ladies. Have a great Monday.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 03:38 PM  
Sissy B

Sunday, 3/15 - 6667 steps/2.82 miles

DD went to work this morning, handled a few things that had to be done and then went grocery shopping. The latest update is that she will not be working anymore for the next two weeks. She's still planning to stay at the condo for now. My biggest worry is that she's going to end up depressed. She's very social.

I had to call the appliance repairman because the refrigerator in our garage isn't cooling right. The freezer still seems to be working fine though. They're going to come out and check it on Wednesday afternoon.

I went grocery shopping at Publix this morning and had some success. I got stuff to make spaghetti sauce and a big batch of Carrabba's Sausage & Lentil soup (it freezes well) along with some pears and apples, Caesar salad kits, Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice, milk, eggs, KIND bars and other snacks. No peanut butter, bread or jelly. The canned tomato products and pasta were really picked over. Hardly any meat, which is not a problem for us, for the most part DH has the freezers stocked up with meat. I had to stop at a second grocery store to get some hamburger for the spaghetti sauce and half & half for DH (for coffee). I also picked up some Chicken Salad at Chicken Salad Chick for lunch this week and went to the pet store to get another bag of dog food.

Deb - I'm having trouble getting motivated right now too. I haven't weighed but I wouldn't be surprised if my weight is up, we ate out several times while DD was home.
Old 03-17-20, 03:35 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 3/16 - 7540 steps/3.19 miles

I had to go and pick up our tax forms so we can get them signed and e-filed so I stopped by the other Publix and got some of the other things that I had on my grocery list. Still no peanut butter, jelly or bread and there are lots of gaps on the aisles but I was able to get most of the remaining things on my list.
Old 03-17-20, 10:52 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a dog walk and Firm Core Cardio 1 today. My school is closed until April 4, so we are having a 3 week break instead of a 1 week spring break. The District is talking about implementing online school after the 3 week break. DH is furloughed until March 30 at his job. He and I both know people who are going to be significantly financially impacted by this; we are both very sad and worried. I fly to Ohio Saturday morning and plan to come back on April 4. Our son may get called up in the Guard.
Deb, I think I have the blahs too. So much stress right now.
Sissy, congrats on finishing your taxes. Ours are finally done too.
Hi, Leslie!
Chrys Dayley
Old 03-18-20, 11:50 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 3/17 - 6596 steps/2.79 miles

Chrys
- Praying for you and your DS as you're traveling and he faces the possibility of being called up.
Old 03-18-20, 10:31 PM  
cdayley

I did a 2 mile dog walk, Turbofire 20 minute HIIT and 10 minute stretch workouts.
Sissy, thank you.

Chrys Dayley

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers