Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-09-20, 12:05 PM  
Catahoula Cate

The first week of February saw some pretty good decluttering efforts. DH got two large boxes of books to the thrift shop. There were so many that the lady that took them asked if someone had quit reading. lol. Good news is that they are very welcoming of used books. He also dropped some classic children's book off to a neighbor with a young family.

I got after the garage and broke down a whole lot of corrugated cardboard boxes and we then hauled them to the recycling center.

I've got a lot listed on ebay(for me) and so far only one sale. I'm trying to go through boxes and drawers with craft/hobby material for either resale or rehome this month. It's slow going so far.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 12:15 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Great progress Cate!

We took three more boxes to Goodwill, DH took a load to the dump, & we sold a few more items through Facebook marketplace. We also packed some boxes and moved them to our storage locker in preparation for the move next month.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 03:53 PM  
Izzy

It takes visitors who show up with white gloves to tackle those projects you have been meaning to tackle for months, ok...maybe even a year. The past two weeks I gave to a friend a book shelf and a desk. The desk was only a year old but I decided it was only collecting stuff and not being used as a desk. She has 3 sons so anyone of them could use both of these. With that I went through papers, and bins and boxes and a closet. Most of it went into the garbage but made a trip to Goodwill too. I replaced the desk with a mini file cabinet and got that all set up. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. Since I moved into this place 2 years ago I have gotten rid of 5 pieces of furniture. This past weekend I cleaned out my closet and packed more stuff to go to Goodwill. While cleaning that room, I hand wiped down the baseboards, floors, and behind furniture. It felt so good.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 03:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Great progress Cate!

We took three more boxes to Goodwill, DH took a load to the dump, & we sold a few more items through Facebook marketplace. We also packed some boxes and moved them to our storage locker in preparation for the move next month.
Pam you may have mentioned this already, but I don't remember what you said.

But do you already know the size space you'll be living in? Or are you just estimating the amount of things you can take?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 04:49 PM  
sherry7899

I finally made some progress:

-trashed a bunch of old makeup
-filled a bag of clothing to donate
-filled a bag of dvds to donate for my library sale
-donating over 50 books to my.library for their sale

I actually have open space on my bookshelves!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 09:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, great to make space on your bookshelves!

Mary, I think it's tougher to give up stuff that we haven't had very long, like your 1-year old desk. But sometimes we just have to admit that whatever it is isn't working well for us and would be better off with someone else.

Everyone else is doing a great job too!

We just found out that they are opening a Goodwill BOOKS in our area...this could be trouble for us.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 10:39 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry wonderful that you've got some open space now on your bookshelves! So often I have a hard time seeing progress in more space or open space even though I'm continually trying to move things. There is hope!

Yesterday a fellow crafter came over to look at some craft materials I'm sorting through. They took a lot of it thankfully. I wasn't planning on charging anything but they wanted to pay something for it and were thrilled with what they got. I was thrilled with a little extra pocket change. I'm continuing to slowly add to the current thrift box and have a bid on one of my items on ebay. Inch by inch.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 10:50 AM  
sbh

My DH and I started last October. We have been going through one room at a time to get rid of stuff. We loaded up the car with bags of clothes, shoes, books, kitchen appliances that we never use, and dropped them of at Goodwill. I can't believe how much non unusable things that I threw out. Each week for about a month, I would fill the garbage can with unusable stuff. It is amazing how much you can accumulate in a decade, without realizing it. I have no idea what we are going to do with all his and my family pictures. Seems like when a relative dies, they send everything to us.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 11:25 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks for the encouragement!

Beth, you are so lucky! I did not even know Goodwill has stores just for books.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 11:27 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Beth, you are so lucky! I did not even know Goodwill has stores just for books.
Me neither! I'll let you know how it is after we check it out.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
de-clutter, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, minimalist, minimizing