Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-03-19, 03:39 PM  
bubbles76

Tracie Long Studio Series - Workout Rotation Idea

Now that I have all of Tracie's studio workouts, and no plans on what to do next week, I thought I'd put together this rotation. What do you think? Is it overtraining? The goals are strength and definition. I'd like to work all muscle groups in that week. After each shorter workout, I would be doing a 10-15 minute yoga workout, and at least 5 minutes of additional ab work

MS- Metabolic Strength
GT - Grand Total
CM - Core Movements
SL - Stronger Longer

Week 1

MON - MS - Volume 1
TUE - Cardio
WED - MS - Volume 2
THU - Rest
FRI - CM - Volume 1+ CM - Volume 2
SAT - GT Volume 1
SUN - Cardio

Week 2

MON - REST
TUE - MS - Volume 3
WED - Cardio
THU - MS - Volume 4
FRI - Rest
SAT - GT - Volume 2
SUN - CM - Volume 3

Week 3

MON - MS - Volume 5
TUE - Rest
WED - MS - Volume 6
THU - Cardio
FRI - CM Volume 4
SAT - GT Volume 3
SUN - Rest

Week 4

MON - MS - Volume 1
TUE - Cardio
WED - MS - Volume 2
THU - CM - Volume 5
FRI - SL- Volume 1
SAT - Rest
SUN - SL Volume 2
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 07:32 PM  
buffmama

That looks pretty good bubbles. On the first 2 CM DVDs the second workout is primarily a mobility/stretch. I paired each MS with a CM workout and liked that. While I felt worked out when I rotated through these I did not feel over trained. After I'm done with my current rotation I was going to pair these with some kettlebell workouts, so I'm definitely a fan. Great pacing!
Old 05-04-19, 09:25 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks Buffmama! I don't really have the time Monday through Thursday to do an hour workout (a MS + CM) and then add on extra abs and yoga. Hmmm...maybe I could do CM2 and CM4 on rest days, since they are more mobility? Tweaking the schedule, changes in bold.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 05-04-19, 09:53 AM  
buffmama

I don't have CM 1 +2, but am looking at the chapters in 3 +4. 4 is all stretch about 5 min a segment, primarily hips. 3 is hip and core 4.5 - 6 min segments. These might work as your add ons or I would do the stretch on a rest day. I remember feeling good but not worked out. Molving stuff around you should be able to move those last few workouts into the month.
Old 05-04-19, 06:00 PM  
bubbles76

Buffmama, do you think my rotation has too much cardio? Does MS have enough strength on its own?
Old 05-05-19, 06:04 AM  
buffmama

Since you're writing it out and planning it I would split up the SLs and do one every other week, that will increase your strength work. Doing 2 GTs a week will give you extra strength and cardio so no biggie if that's what happens. Cardio is really an individual decision. I have Reboot 1 + 2 so I did those. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Somehow I never did CM 5 + 6... I might end up doing this rotation also.
Old 05-05-19, 04:57 PM  
bubbles76

Buffmama, are you suggesting something like this:

MON - SL 1 - only 30 minutes (or whatever the halfway point is)
TUE - MS - Workout 1
WED - Cardio
THU - Rest
FRI - GT Workout 1 - Workout 1
SAT - Cardio + CM Workout 1
SUN - MS - Workout 2 + CM Workout 2
Old 05-06-19, 06:05 AM  
buffmama

I think I would swap out SL for GT in week 1 and 3. That keeps the length of your workouts the same and changes the emphasis a bit.
Old 05-06-19, 06:33 AM  
bubbles76

Okay, thanks!
Old 05-06-19, 07:14 AM  
pharma_gal

Slightly off topic but how are the 2 stronger longers? I like the Grand Totals and the Metabolic Strength ones. I know they are longer but do you think if I like the others I would also like the Stronger Longer? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracie long, tracie long rotation, tracie long studio series