Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-19, 07:20 PM  
Lannette

Well darn! Now I want this set! If I was able to download Leah Sarago’s Periodization videos will I be able to download these? I’ve also got a great setup for streaming from my phone to TV but have this thing about owning my videos where possible.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 07:20 PM  
Mickey12

I am so tempted by this. I signed up for the emails so I am eligible for the discounted price. I am a sucker for a “sale”, but I really dislike downloads. Uggg! I don’t know what to do! Travis is so great.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 08:12 PM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

I am going to get this set. With Yin yoga I think an hour will go by quickly for me. I can do Eric Schiffman's Beginner (one hour) dvd and wonder where the time went.
I am also really appreciate seeing a variety of ages and body types.
Tricia
TriciaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 08:59 AM  
laurajhawk

I'm going to get it. I had decided that my pain point was around $108 for these, and he's come in below that. I did the Ultimate Yogi Yin workout last week to help me make up my mind.

I doubt that I'll ever do a rotation with these - I just don't have that kind of space in my schedule. (Well, check back with me after I retire - it might fit in nicely then but that's a few years away.) But they will be so nice when I need a break from vinyasa and have time for a long evening practice.

I will probably download for security (to know I "have" them) and because I had trouble with the 30for30 streaming. I downloaded those easily.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 09:10 AM  
AnMrsDe

Since I bit on Yoga30For30 (best decision!) and since I don't do Travis' Yin classes NOW, this was easy to pass on. The only Yin classes I can tolerate are Mimi's Deep Stretch (which really isn't Yin, LOL) and Michelle Goldstein's Yin Yoga which is awesome, albeit, muted usually.

I hope you ladies enjoy it!! Please post your thoughts...there might be a time when all I want to do is Yin.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 02:34 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
I will probably download for security (to know I "have" them) and because I had trouble with the 30for30 streaming. I downloaded those easily.
Thank you for sharing that downloading was easy.

Question for anyone. 30for30 is now $99.00. Was it available for less than that initially? Or did it go up and then back down?

I keep going back and forth about ordering this Yin set. I talk myself out of it and then the 25% savings keeps calling me back. (I can justify that Cathe’s new step offering is only costing me $10.00 if I use my $25.00 savings from this set to buy it! )

I also did one of his free Yin offerings on YT and loved the way he sequences Yin.

Does Travis tend to drop prices later or have periodic sales?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 05-07-19, 03:47 PM  
laurajhawk

Lannette, I paid $89.10 for 30for30 in Dec. 2016. That would reflect the "VIP code" or whatever introductory discount he offered (similar to the $99.95 for this new one).

I haven't followed him closely in the interim, not sure what he's done with those prices.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 04:15 PM  
Lannette

Thank you Laura. So this $25.00 discount is considerably bigger. If I’m honest with myself I like the sound of both sets. I was hoping for 30 minute Yin practices but when I did his 30 minute YT Yin practice the other day I finished and wished it had been longer. Decisions, decisions....

Old 05-08-19, 07:10 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I'm interested in this set however not sure I can do downloads.

Can anyone share any yoga/stretch dvds that would be similar to this so I can make my own routine? I can't think of any Yin workouts so would appreciate any input

Thanks

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 09:42 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I'm interested in this set however not sure I can do downloads.

Can anyone share any yoga/stretch dvds that would be similar to this so I can make my own routine? I can't think of any Yin workouts so would appreciate any input

Thanks
I’ve got a client coming so no time for a fancy link. Here is an actual 30 minute Travis Eliot Yin session I put up on my blog the other day.

http://livehealthywithlannette.blogs...-yoga.html?m=0

Tags
flexibility and beyond, travis eliot, yin yoga