Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-19, 05:06 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Is that the only downloadable one? The Youtube one looks good, I was hoping there were others.
There's a free one on her streaming site you don't have to sign up to watch. It's under the Lower Body section here:

https://leahsaragofitness.vhx.tv/browse

ETA: Nevermind, this is the same one that's on Youtube. Can you download from Youtube?

I was hoping when she started with Iron Barre that she would make all of them downloads you could purchase like the others in her store. But just browsing her site I am pretty sure that most of the Iron Barre workouts are too hard for me now.

Lannette, I read your review! Wow, the commitment was strong! I also use a Cathe Fit Tower. I used to have a wall-mounted barre but we moved and in the exercise room there's not a good place to put it. My concern is that it's not good for sitbacks at the barre where you need to pull away. But I haven't gotten to those downloads yet.

I've had a pretty good week. I had a couple of evenings where I couldn't work out because of meetings, but I got up one morning and did something before work. Here's what I did this week:

Day 1: BB Side Lunges + Plies I
10 minute side-lying leg work from Pure Sculpt (Trudie Styler)

Day 2: Skipped - no time

Day 3/4: BB Basics UB Mat
BB Anatomy Focus Glutes
BB Plie-Lunge 1
(morning workouts - memory fuzzy of exact order)

Day 5: BB Elongated Arms
5 minute unweighted arms (similar to TA Mat) from Youtube

Day 6 (today): BB Express Thigh Work at Barre
DanceBody Lean Dancer Legs (Youtube)

I will probably continue to mix Ballet Body with things similar to DanceBody. I love floorwork and feel like my body needs some of that sprinkled in to feel like I'm working all angles. I've had really good results in the past with this kind of rotation, but that was also before I went back to work full-time so I had more time to add in some yoga and some Raviana stuff as well.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 05:21 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Yes, that is the one I saw on Youtube. Bummer the others are all streaming! I'm finally, slowing liking the idea of downloads but still not a fan of streaming.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 05:32 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Yes, that is the one I saw on Youtube. Bummer the others are all streaming! I'm finally, slowing liking the idea of downloads but still not a fan of streaming.
I also prefer downloads, but I have signed up for a ton of streaming sites over the years. I never had any issues with playback until recently. I don't know if it's the wireless in the new house (but we invested in a pretty expensive system for that), or if it's because a lot of the streaming sites these days seem to be using vhx.tv - that's the common denominator between all the sites I've had issues with. I really liked DanceBody but it kept pausing in the middle and I just couldn't deal. So I found a bunch of short workouts by them on Youtube and I'm just trying to use those.

Maybe you could email Leah and ask if she would consider selling the IB workouts separately as downloads?
Old 03-02-19, 08:09 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Lannette, I read your review! Wow, the commitment was strong! I also use a Cathe Fit Tower. I used to have a wall-mounted barre but we moved and in the exercise room there's not a good place to put it. My concern is that it's not good for sitbacks at the barre where you need to pull away. But I haven't gotten to those downloads yet.
Yes, It was odd because I’d given myself permission to stop early but found the exercises intriguing enough to want to continue. Thanks for mentioning the sitbacks! I had forgotten all about them! I have a Fluidity barre and hopefully that would work. I think I used our loft railing years ago before we had a gym.

I like the idea of downloads better than streaming but the BB downloads I own just sit on the laptop. I burned the Periodization schedule to DVDs back when I first bought them but I’ve since misplaced some of those DVDs. I’ve read that people put them on an iPod but I’m not sure I want to deal with learning the ins and outs of using an iPod.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 09:47 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post

I like the idea of downloads better than streaming but the BB downloads I own just sit on the laptop. I burned the Periodization schedule to DVDs back when I first bought them but I’ve since misplaced some of those DVDs. I’ve read that people put them on an iPod but I’m not sure I want to deal with learning the ins and outs of using an iPod.
Since you burned them to DVD, it seems like it's important to you to watch them on a TV vs. your laptop, is that right? How old is your TV? Most TV's made within the last 10 years have HDMI inputs. My downloads live on my laptop as well, but I use an HDMI cable (which is cheap to buy if you don't already have one) to connect my laptop to my TV.

I actually prefer the downloads to DVD's now, because they are "on the go" workouts. When we travel, there isn't always a DVD player available, but I have done Ballet Body in my bedroom at the beach (away from the family) by just sitting the laptop on top of the dresser (there wasn't a TV in the room). Or I will pack an HDMI cable and hook the laptop up to the TV in a hotel room. I've worked out this way for so long now I just prefer it.

A few years ago, DH took his Ultimate Yogi set on vacation and he accidentally left one of the DVD's in the DVD player at the resort. Fortunately, we called the manager and they were able to find it and mail it back to us. With downloads, no need to worry about that! I have many more workouts on my laptop as files than I have as DVD's now, and one of these days I hope to have time to copy my favorite DVD's to my hard drive.

If you're resisting the downloads, what about moving on to the other Signature Series DVD's?

PS. I don't know anyone who uses and IPod anymore. Do they still make them? Everyone I know has a smartphone that has taken the place of MP3/IPods.
Old 03-02-19, 01:12 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Since you burned them to DVD, it seems like it's important to you to watch them on a TV vs. your laptop, is that right? How old is your TV? Most TV's made within the last 10 years have HDMI inputs. My downloads live on my laptop as well, but I use an HDMI cable (which is cheap to buy if you don't already have one) to connect my laptop to my TV.

I actually prefer the downloads to DVD's now, because they are "on the go" workouts. When we travel, there isn't always a DVD player available, but I have done Ballet Body in my bedroom at the beach (away from the family) by just sitting the laptop on top of the dresser (there wasn't a TV in the room). Or I will pack an HDMI cable and hook the laptop up to the TV in a hotel room. I've worked out this way for so long now I just prefer it.

A few years ago, DH took his Ultimate Yogi set on vacation and he accidentally left one of the DVD's in the DVD player at the resort. Fortunately, we called the manager and they were able to find it and mail it back to us. With downloads, no need to worry about that! I have many more workouts on my laptop as files than I have as DVD's now, and one of these days I hope to have time to copy my favorite DVD's to my hard drive.

If you're resisting the downloads, what about moving on to the other Signature Series DVD's?

PS. I don't know anyone who uses and IPod anymore. Do they still make them? Everyone I know has a smartphone that has taken the place of MP3/IPods.
I’m actually planning on using the DVDs for now. Thanks for being so helpful.

I rarely use our laptop but do have our gym TV set up so I can plug my iphone or iPad Pro into the tv and cast streaming workouts. I guess the set up would cast downloads too.

I think I need to get into the downloads and play around with them. Maybe try moving a few to my iPad or iphone. The more I manipulate them the more comfortable I should become with them.

BTW, they do still make iPod Touches with 128 GB of storage. When I thought about an iPod I was thinking in terms of dedicating it to downloads and only downloads. Then I’d leave it in the gym. Probably not cost effective.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 03-02-19, 09:43 PM  
Lannette

THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED! Leah emailed me.

Not too happy tonight. It seems that my BB registration has been deleted. My password is not recognized and the site doesn’t recognize my email to reset it. I was able to create a new account using the same info but now my fan club discount is invalid!

I’ve been trying to contact Leah for a couple weeks to get a simple question about downloads answered but they never respond. Now this!

Is this typical of Ballet Body’s customer service? Really shoddy.

Last edited by Lannette; 03-02-19 at 10:06 PM. Reason: To add
Old 03-02-19, 09:47 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Not too happy tonight. It seems that my BB registration has been deleted. My password is not recognized and the site doesn’t recognize my email to reset it. I was able to create a new account using the same info but now my fan club discount is invalid!

I’ve been trying to contact Leah for a couple weeks to get a simple question about downloads answered but they never respond. Now this!

Is this typical of Ballet Body’s customer service? Really shoddy.
Not at all! I emailed her recently and heard back within 12 hours from Leah personally. Try info@leahsaragofitness.com

If that doesn't work, you could also message her on Facebook using her public profile page:

https://www.facebook.com/leahsaragofitness/
Old 03-02-19, 09:58 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Not at all! I emailed her recently and heard back within 12 hours from Leah personally. Try info@leahsaragofitness.com
THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED! LEAH EMAILED ME.
That’s where I’ve been emailing. Now the discount is showing up but given the lack of response to my emails I’m nervous about ordering.

Oh well the good news is that I found my old downloads and was able to get them onto my iPhone and then mirror them to my gym tv. The file for my schedule PDF is corrupted and I wanted to see if she’d allow me to purchase only the Periodization 1 schedule since I have all the files. I’ll probably be able to figure it out for the most part from the DVDS I burned years ago. With luck I’ll find another copy of the schedule PDF on our external hard drive.

Those DVDS are looking better all the time!

Lannette

Last edited by Lannette; 03-02-19 at 10:07 PM. Reason: To add
Old 03-02-19, 10:09 PM  
Lannette

UPDATE: Leah emailed me. There have apparently been tech issues with the store that they’re working on resolving. I’m posting this as a heads up.

Tags
ballet body, iron barre, leah sarago