Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-17, 05:40 PM  
alisoncooks

OLD THREAD ALERT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I'm definitely getting it. From what I see, I like the pace and moves they show.
So, almost a year ago I said "I'm definitely getting it" and I finally did....from VF Roost just this week.

I really liked it. Talk about killing me softly. I've been doing Callanetics since the first of the year but felt this would fit in with the small-pulse style, so I went ahead and gave it a whirl.

I did not find it too easy at all (granted I'm a restarter, but I think this is barre-like enough that you'll always be able to go to a deeper burn).

I described it as barre-like, but it's there is no barre work (no on your toes, knees bent, pulsing stuff). Instead, it mainly uses a stretchy band to hold your legs in a contraction, then pulsing there. There are some wide-legged plies during the biceps section, but really, most of the lower bodywork is done on the mat. I did skip the ab and chest section since I didn't have a full hour (it is well-chaptered)...

Cons - I did feel it in the hip flexors a bit much, but that might just be a matter of finding the right way to get into the move. Also, I did play around with body positioning when doing the leg work so that I didn't feel it in my lower back.

Lots of great stretching.
I'm surprised that this one didn't get much talk. Am I the only that liked it?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, ellen barrett, fusion workouts, michelle abbruzzese