Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-16, 08:03 AM  
PhyllisG

I was just reading that email too. Hope I remember to call. Would like to hear what Ellen has to say. Plus question Any new workouts planned? I looked at Charmyn? too. A link on the email. Beautiful place.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-16, 10:31 AM  
donnamp

I do wish Ellen would make some new workouts, it seems she only releases 1 or 2 every couple of years. I am always afraid to " over use" them b/c they are unique and I don't want to burn out. I know Jessica has some similar workouts and so does Tracy Mallett, but overall I find Ellen's to be in a category by themselves. I still think I may do one tomorrow - they seem to be just what I need for my achey body and blah mood!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-16, 11:10 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
<snip> I know Jessica has some similar workouts and so does Tracy Mallett, but overall I find Ellen's to be in a category by themselves. <snip>
I totally agree with this. When someone says to suggest something like Ellen, the only thing I can think of is Natalie Spadaccino's Joyful Movement DVDs.
Old 02-17-16, 12:51 PM  
Lorelai

I think Ellen herself is in a category all her own, and by extension, so are her workouts.

I haven't tried Natalie's Joyful Movement dvds yet (found out about those in an old thread too, who would've thought?) although I really want to! Darn budget. Well, my birthday is in August... They do look more similar to Ellen's than any I've seen, although some of Jessica's are very fusion-y too... just not quite like Ellen's fusion, if that makes sense? I don't know, I like them both!

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-16, 02:05 PM  
donnamp

I agree about Ellen's workouts - they are unique! Natalie's are close and she does include a lot of balance challenges in one of them (can't remember which, cardio?). Isn't Michelle from Ellen's workouts also coming out w/ her own video?

Charmyn does look awesome! I'd love to take a class there w/ Ellen!

Donna
Old 02-17-16, 03:07 PM  
Lorelai

Yes, Michelle's is on Mary's coming soon page currently.

I'm on Pacific time, so I'll be at my Barre3 class during Ellen's conference call. I hope it goes well though. Maybe she'll take suggestions for new workouts?

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-16, 02:54 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

Did anyone call in to the conference call last night? I got home a bit late and by the time I was ready it was already in progress.

Ellen posted a summary on her blog - all of what she says makes sense to me. Especially about hunkering down at home at night - that is what I have been wanting to do and I find that when I resist it - I tend to either over eat or become MORE tired!

http://ellenbarrett.com/how-have-happy-healthy-winter

Donna

Tags
ellen barrett