Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-29-15, 05:50 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
thanks sue- but what type of workouts are they? i do not like paper workouts but i purchased the strength videos for be slam 1 but i don't see any conditioning. i was just wondering what type of exercises they are thanks

sue
They're more cardio based - lighter weights. Be Slam is a paper workout program. I guess I don't know how you're buying only strength workouts. Did she release Be Slam 1 as downloads?

Ah, I see now, she does have the strength videos sold separately. That's really strange, as you don't have the full Be Slam program....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-15, 06:06 PM  
s2546

thank you sue. i appreciate the clarification. i only bought them because they are on sale. i really don't like paper workouts and i really shouldn't be buying anything !!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-15, 06:10 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
thank you sue. i appreciate the clarification. i only bought them because they are on sale. i really don't like paper workouts and i really shouldn't be buying anything !!

sue
Easier said than done!

Old 10-29-15, 06:56 PM  
s2546

momofcha,
do you have be slam? is it effective?

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-15, 08:10 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
momofcha,
do you have be slam? is it effective?

sue
I do have it, but I haven't done it as directed yet....

Old 04-13-17, 01:25 PM  
buffmama

reviving old thread

How is SLAM 2 different from 1? Would you recommend doing 1 first? How long are they? If you order SLAM 1 are the videos included or are they ordered separately? TIA.
Old 04-13-17, 07:44 PM  
msu

Be SLAM 2 has different groups of exercises each day, and even on very strength oriented days, there is some cardio conditioning mixed in. SLAM 2 also has more of a warm up group of exercises to start out each workout. I really like both 1 & 2, and really wish she would do a 3. I thought that her Low Volume Strength would be essentially a three, but it wasn't. (It wasn't bad, but just not as polished and through as both 1 & 2. LVS paper print outs were pretty awful and hard work to follow. That one is better done as a follow along with the LVS videos.) Slam 1 does have brief tutorial exercises for each move that you can do that you can watch, but it wouldn't be practical to follow along each time, and her tutorials are not for the same number of reps as the workouts. I don't think one has to be done before the other. If you prefer to completely separate cardio and strength, I'd recommend SLAM 1 first. If you prefer to mix things up, you might want to start with SLAM 2. You are likely to enjoy either one. Lauren's programs are the only paper workouts that I can do over and over and stay excited about.
msu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-17, 07:48 PM  
buffmama

Thanks msu, that's very helpful. Have you done her book Kettlebells for Women? How does that compare?
Old 04-15-17, 10:23 AM  
msu

I keep meaning to give them a try, but I haven't done them yet. They are more
along the lines of her earlier DVDs, which use lighter bells and are more metabolic conditioning than strength to me. I'm not saying that they aren't still strength training workouts, it's just the rep range/time range doesn't work very well for heavier bells. On days when I feel like that sort of workout, I usuLly just pull out one of her DVDs like KB Lightning, Ultimate 1&2, etc. That said, her book has a lot of paper workouts for the money. I've read over them all and realized that even at full price, the book is a really good deal. I wish she would put out another one, but don't think she will, due to most workouts going straight to her streaming service. HTH.
Old 04-15-17, 10:32 AM  
msu

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
How is SLAM 2 different from 1? Would you recommend doing 1 first? How long are they? If you order SLAM 1 are the videos included or are they ordered separately? TIA.
Sorry. I forgot to add that the Slam 1 workouts are about 20-25 min. on average for the first four weeks, then the rotation has you put two workouts back to back on the same day, so it's more like 50 min. The last few weeks if you follow the rotation. Slam2 takes 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the workout assigned.

Tags
be slam, lauren brooks