Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-15, 12:51 PM  
Lilypad

Kettlebells

Good Afternoon,

I've had the Zcut Kettlebell Dvd's for a while and thought I'd try one of the workouts out especially because they are not that long. It was approximately 12 minutes long. It's been alomst 24 hours since I've done it and I'm feeling it like crazy!!! In my lats, my shoulders, chest, lowerback, abs, and legs. Everywhere!!! The biggest kettlebell I have is a 15 pounder and I thought it wasnt going to be heavy enough or work me enough. Boy was I wrong. The 15 pounds felt good but I was not expecting to feel so sore today. In a good way of course. This is my first time working with the kettlebell and I wanted to change it up because my right elbow has been bothering me. The bell really didnt bother me as much as with my regular weights and I didnt even have to ice it afterwards. I'm so happy I decided to try these virgins!! LOL
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-15, 01:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good for you! For me, 15 lbs is a lot for me as I have some joint issues. I can't lift heavy and have worked my way up from a 7 lb KB to using 12 right now. I still sometimes sub in my lighter bells if I feel like it's too much for my shoulders or lower back. I have a 15 lb one but haven't used it yet.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-15, 01:14 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I'm glad you've enjoyed it!! I wish I could order that set in Canada, last year I try her wo 5 from that set (free on youtube) as a "finisher" after my 30 mins. Ugi workout with a 15lbs kb and it finished me! lol (I might feel dif. now), next day I was so sore! I felt it in all the right places. I'm now using the kb workouts I have (AOS and Iron Core) and I've been having so much fun!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 05:21 PM  
MelissaR

I've considered these in the past, but passed. You have me interested again. What series do you have?
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 05:59 PM  
Breezy Trousers

I love the ZCut kettlebell series.

It's funny that you became so sore with a 15 lb. kettlebell. I'm doing STS Meso 2 right now and am using lighter weights than I usually do. The funny thing is that I've never been so sore in my life as I have this week. I rarely get DOMs and have done lots of weight training/Cathe workouts in the past, but this week the DOMS are out of control. I wonder if using lighter weights allows us to focus on better form?

Anyway, enjoy!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 08:19 PM  
MelissaR

Is there only the one series that uses kettle bells ("Zcut Kettelbell Start DVD Series 4 DVD Set)? I see it available on Amazon. Where else have you seen it sold?

Going away from the main topic, but I've been on a Kettlebell Kickboxing kick for the past 1.5 yrs. I have all of Dasha's DVD's, but find myself frequenting the Body Series & Scorcher Series 1. I see she's coming out with new workouts filmed on location. I'll probably cave & get those, but in the meantime, I'm looking for something new. I like the short time frame of these Zcut Kettelbell workouts.
Old 04-18-15, 07:43 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaR View Post
Is there only the one series that uses kettle bells ("Zcut Kettelbell Start DVD Series 4 DVD Set)? I see it available on Amazon. Where else have you seen it sold?

Going away from the main topic, but I've been on a Kettlebell Kickboxing kick for the past 1.5 yrs. I have all of Dasha's DVD's, but find myself frequenting the Body Series & Scorcher Series 1. I see she's coming out with new workouts filmed on location. I'll probably cave & get those, but in the meantime, I'm looking for something new. I like the short time frame of these Zcut Kettelbell workouts.
Like you, I'm a Dasha fan. The only series I don't own is Scorcher II. (Do you own that one? I'm curious because you favor the first series.) ... Nice to hear that she's filming again!

I think this is the only Zcut kettlebell series out right now. I bought mine with Amazon Prime. For the number of workouts and production values, it was a steal. I nearly passed this series by when it came out a year ago. I've tried all the other Zcut series but quickly traded them. Also, I already owned a lot of kettlebell workouts. So it's funny that this inexpensive little series turned out to be one of my best investments in 2014. I reach for these quite often. I have many 30-minute kettlebell and weight training workouts but prefer to work out for 45 minutes in the mornings, so I use these as 15-minute no-frills finishers. As with Dasha's workouts, the Zcuts are as hard as you want them to be, depending on how heavy you lift.
Old 04-18-15, 07:48 AM  
MelissaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Like you, I'm a Dasha fan. The only series I don't own is Scorcher II. (Do you own that one? I'm curious because you favor the first series.) ... Nice to hear that she's filming again!

I think this is the only Zcut kettlebell series out right now. I bought mine with Amazon Prime. For the number of workouts and production values, it was a steal. I nearly passed this series by when it came out a year ago. I've tried all the other Zcut series but quickly traded them. Also, I already owned a lot of kettlebell workouts. So it's funny that this inexpensive little series turned out to be one of my best investments in 2014. I reach for them quite often. I have many 30-minute kettlebell and weight training workouts but prefer to work out for 45 minutes in the mornings, so I use these as 15-minute no-frills finishers. As with Dasha's workouts, the Zcuts are as hard as you want them to be, depending on how heavy you lift.
Thanks of your input! If it is still available on Amazon, I will order. As far as the Scorcher Series, I prefer the first one because the workouts are shorter. I find I alternate between Strength & Power the most. Also, I'm not a fan of the Tabata-type workouts that the 2nd series has.

My fear with these Z-cut workouts is I'm going to do one 15 minute workout & call it a day. I'm not sure that will be enough.

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to getting these (if I can find them) & seeing what Dasha comes out with next.
Old 04-18-15, 07:55 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaR View Post
Thanks of your input! If it is still available on Amazon, I will order. As far as the Scorcher Series, I prefer the first one because the workouts are shorter. I find I alternate between Strength & Power the most. Also, I'm not a fan of the Tabata-type workouts that the 2nd series has.

My fear with these Z-cut workouts is I'm going to do one 15 minute workout & call it a day. I'm not sure that will be enough.

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to getting these (if I can find them) & seeing what Dasha comes out with next.
I'm tired of tabata-style workouts -- already own enough -- so you've saved me from buying Scorcher #2 with your comments. Thanks, Melissa!

It looks like you can purchase a $20 set from an Amazon seller (includes shipping).... I really think you'd like this series in view of your preferences.
Old 04-18-15, 08:50 AM  
suzannaerin

For some reason, Scorcher 2 doesn't feel like tabata sets, even though that's the format. I like both DVDs, but not as much as scorcher 1. I have the Body series but have done only a couple of the DVDs, i don't care for figure 8s, and she has them in at least one of the cardio DVDs. Glad she's coming out with another release, I hope it's another scorcher.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sprawl, zcut