Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-14, 01:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post

like to have at least a wedge or higher heel when dressing up. Flats don't seem dressy enough.
I agree that heels look nicer and dressier than flats, especially with a dress, but not all of us can wear them, myself included.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 04:12 PM  
dnna

I thought of another option, Mephisto. they make walking shoes and a cute sneaker called the allrounder, very cute/ they also make dressy heels.
these are investments though, very expensive.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 04:52 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I thought of another option, Mephisto. they make walking shoes and a cute sneaker called the allrounder, very cute/ they also make dressy heels.
these are investments though, very expensive.
Yes, and Naot, which is very similar to Mephisto, makes some cute more dressy styles with a bit of a heel too.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 04-29-14, 05:00 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I agree that heels look nicer and dressier than flats, especially with a dress, but not all of us can wear them, myself included.
I agree too, but I'm also in this category, especially after straining a hamstring in February. It eliminated about half my dress shoes and boots . I was thinking "this is taking so long to heal, why are my knees in agony at the end of every work day?" till I clued in and shelved everything with more than a half inch drop. And my healing progress has sped up remarkably since.

On the other hand, it gives me justification to look at everyone's suggestions and peruse the flatter options . Retail therapy!

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 05:06 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I've had good experiences with Cole Haan shoes that have the Nike Air cushions (check out styles with "Air" in the name).

Donald J Pliner is another line whose shoes are comfortable and more current/stylish/fashionable than some Borns and Clarks (no putdown of those brands, I'm a PF sufferer and spend the summer months in Born, Clark, Mephisto or similar sandals).
Old 04-29-14, 05:16 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
On the other hand, it gives me justification to look at everyone's suggestions and peruse the flatter options . Retail therapy!
Sophie - Retail therapy is always good! I think we often don't realize how much our footwear affects the whole body! The Orthaheels and my running shoes with orthotics are pretty much all I wear now. Now that I know what size I take, I can order my Orthaheels online from a Canadian site called ShoeMe.ca: http://www.shoeme.ca/
Their service is awesome, I usually get my shoes within a week delivered by courier. The prices are competitive and the selection is much better than any shoe store. They carry tons of other brands besides Orthaheel.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 04-29-14, 11:19 PM  
cmanche

Comfortable Sandals

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anne Klein Longly sandals. My right foot has been bothering me on the ball. These are very comfortable and you can dress them up or down.
cmanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 12:52 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Sophie, I love the Gandia and Brujas models from Pikolinos. In the Gandia line, I have 2-3 pairs (they vary quite a bit in appearance but same 1.25-inch heels which are very comfy... I put Superfeet's black 3/4 insoles in them for additional support and they fit perfectly). And I have 3-4 pairs of Brujas boots! Two identical ones that zip up but in different colors, one in lace up/zip and one knee-high pair that is absolutely gorgeous-looking (this amazing shade of grey that somehow has brown/tan undertones so it matches everything). These weren't cheap but I wear them all the time so it's so worth it. I could never walk 1-2 miles a day without these puppies on my feet

Separately, for summer, I am a big fan of Chaco sandals and flip flops. The arch support is unbeatable. I particularly love the Hipthong models that blend the best of sandals and flip flops together such that I can hike in them. The design is unique and pretty cute too.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 05:32 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
Separately, for summer, I am a big fan of Chaco sandals and flip flops. The arch support is unbeatable. I particularly love the Hipthong models that blend the best of sandals and flip flops together such that I can hike in them. The design is unique and pretty cute too.
I like the Chaco hipthong too, I have a green pair. I also have a few pairs of the Wrapsody style, which was discontinued a few years back. Chacos have great arch support and I like how you can just throw them in the washing machine and they come out looking like new.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 06:07 PM  
missaulnier

Has anyone recommended Earthies brand yet? They are so CUTE! Not sure they would do double duty as a walking shoe but, so cute and comfy.
missaulnier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comfortable day shoes, pretty walking shoes, shoes, walking shoes