Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-14, 06:10 PM  
MoFirmer

I just ordered this dvd. And plan on ordering any more that they find like it! I'm so thankful that Annette is searching through the storage to find these gems.

I don't mind that they are not fancy productions. Anna's work stands on it's own.... it doesn't need flash and glitz.

I know some don't like the classics for the old attire of legwarmers, etc. But as with those I look at these new ones she is finding and say as long as I'm sweating and working hard I don't "see" the background. LOL!

So bring on whatever workouts they find! I'll be in line to purchase them all.
Old 01-20-14, 06:20 PM  
s2546

i think they all look great and the workout looks so fun! very nice

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 06:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I used to love the FitPrimes, but this looks so dated to me now.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 09:09 PM  
SueT

Watching the clip Jeannine posted makes me feel so nostalgic for my old Firm workouts! Now I feel like doing one of Tracy Long's workouts, too!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 10:49 PM  
dnna

the dated look was intentional.Susan wore the famous yellow leotard as a joke.It was part of the "live performance" fun. susan actually starts to laugh and has trouble getting back into her serious instructing mode. she was making fun of the leotard. I think Tracie said it had been ten years since the Basics were released, and she was joking about the "rodeo".
It really is a fun dvd. and a surprisingly good workout. good cardio burn.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 03:28 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Watching the clip Jeannine posted makes me feel so nostalgic for my old Firm workouts! Now I feel like doing one of Tracy Long's workouts, too!

Sue
i kinda miss the comraderie of the "old gang". that's why i've never traded my firm DVDs (and some of the VHS for that matter).

it's like watching The Beatles old movies, in a way.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 07:32 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I want this one!!! I never did make it for their fitness vacations but I still have a brochure from it too (older, from their Firm days). This would give me a "live" feeling of working with the gals. (I can't believe I just used the word "gals". )

I know there is at least one G-Force rebounding workout from that same weekend, and maybe a yoga one too. Hope they get released.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 04:15 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Old thread alert!

However, I recently got this one at Mary's sale, and my gosh, it is so fun, and their banter and camaraderie are so nice. It's dated, but it's like a mash-up of all my favorite instructors moves, and my gosh I was sweaty at the end. I wish there were more like this; it's a real feel-good workout!

Susan is so funny, JAC seems so personable, Tracie is a pro but is so funny about the rodeo and the way she says "yes, mam", and Nancy is such a sweetheart. I wasn't expecting it to be so tough, but it really flowed and I didn't even mind the technical glitches or bizarre lace background. A keeper!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 08:19 PM  
firmaniac

I am another one is the True Fan category with these! If you want more, FitPrime Live: G-Force 3 & 4 come in a set( 2 discs, one case) that incorporate rebounding. GF4 has a Wowsa cast of Carissa Foster, Tracie Long, Cindy Thorpe (influential in Tracie Long's solo work post-Anna), and Eleanor Washburn. There is plenty of "off the rebounded" work using med ball and weights, and the yoga/stretches are soooo good! These Live dvds are truly like taking a class at The FIRM - natural, unscripted, sometimes there are issues with the mic and technical difficulties arise or maybe the reps are not exactly kept in time to the music . It is "real" and I adore them all.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 06:24 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
the dated look was intentional.Susan wore the famous yellow leotard as a joke.It was part of the "live performance" fun. susan actually starts to laugh and has trouble getting back into her serious instructing mode. she was making fun of the leotard. I think Tracie said it had been ten years since the Basics were released, and she was joking about the "rodeo".
It really is a fun dvd. and a surprisingly good workout. good cardio burn.
Susan still rocks the leotard and the workout has a fun vibe throughout, technical mishaps and all!
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime