Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-22-20, 10:24 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I'm going to do Jessica Smith Core Control from Boost Metabolism and Muscle and will try to walk at the high school track. I have a Walmart grocery pickup at 1.

My daughter made it home last night and another son is coming home tonight. Both are healthy and have been sheltering in place. It's Jack's 70th birthday today. We'll see another son tomorrow when he and his GF come in to town. I'll try to arrange a video chat with our other 2 kids.

Hair salons are allowed to reopen and I'm texting with my hairdresser to try and set up an appointment.
Old 05-23-20, 07:48 AM  
dbclark44

Thu 5/21 - Park walks 72 min; 3.24 miles; 10,553 steps/4.33 miles
Fri 5/22 - 3644 steps/1.49 miles

Supposed to get up into the 80s today. Pretty muggy out there right now at 66. Don't feel like driving to a park this morning so will probably be hitting the tm later instead. Don't do walking in warm weather.

Happy Birthday JACK!!!

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 11:22 AM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 5/21 - 7327 steps/3.1 miles
Friday, 5/22 - 5563 steps/2.35 miles

Leslie
- Happy Birthday to Jack!!!

DH and I went to the grocery store Thursday. He wanted to stop by Academy on the way since he needed something for his boat. I walked through the fitness section and they were wiped out. There were 2 30# dumbbells, 7 1# yellow neoprene dumbbells and 2 15# body bars. That was it.

Yesterday DD & I went to the other Publix to get the cheese we needed for the soup I made for supper.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 07:48 AM  
dbclark44

Sat 5/23 - Park walk 70 min /3.23 miles; 10,022 steps/4.11 miles
Sun 5/24 - TM 50 min/2.30 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch; 7739 steps/3.17 miles

My knees were a little achy yesterday or I would have knocked out another mile to roll over 10K but I decided to rest after my morning workout.

Happy Memorial Day Ladies. It's nice and sunny here right now but storms are moving in later this afternoon. We had some serious storms move thru yesterday afternoon thru the night. Loud thunder and lightning.

I'm doing laundry right now. It's just DH and I and I probably won't cook today. Didn't yesterday but DH knows how to find something for himself if he's hungry. He really does a good job of taking care of himself. He can cook clean (no where near as good as me) laundry. Hate for him to do laundry though. he feels more detergent is better. He goes thru my detergent like crazy when he gets to it before I do. For the most part he leaves it to me.

Have a great day ladies.

Old 05-25-20, 10:12 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I had a huge emotional let down this weekend. It was the first time I didn't have a reason to hold it together, because I wasn't helping seniors, other students, or my kids. Wow - it was more overwhelming than I expected. I had a cluster headache last night. Got up this morning, and I'm emotionally better. But - our little Lily is super sick and has been tested for Covid. Please send thoughts/prayers/whatever you got. I'm going to walk on the treadmill in a bit, then get out and plant stuff.
Deb, that's funny about the detergent. My DH does the regular laundry, but he's not allowed to wash my delicate work clothes. Too many clothes ruined that way
Sissy, have a great Memorial Day!
Leslie, enjoy your time with your kids.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 06:04 PM  
Sissy B

Saturday, 5/23 - 5304 steps/2.24 miles
Sunday, 5/24 - 6368 steps/2.69 miles

I feel like I've spent days in the kitchen. Over the past few days I've chopped a lot of vegetables and made Le Cellier Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, Sausage Cream Cheese Rotel Dip, Basil Olive Oil, Fire Roasted Meat Sauce, Blackberry Buttermilk Cobbler and Shrimp Scampi Linguine.

We had a nice time with DD, she's on her way back to the condo now.

Deb - Laundry is the one thing I won't let DH do. I've made that mistake before and he has ruined a few things. He would wash everything together and then throw it all in the dryer. We have a lot of things that have to hang to dry, otherwise they'll shrink.

Chrys - I'm having an emotional breakdown too. It started last night, but I had to keep it together while DD was here. She's having a hard enough time with all this, I didn't want to set her off too. Praying for Lily.
Old 05-25-20, 06:44 PM  
cdayley

Her test was negative! Still has a fever, no longer 104.
Hugs to you, Sissy. I hang dry all my work clothes.
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 08:18 AM  
dbclark44

Mon 5/25 - Cathe ICE CUB Standing portion only; 4086 steps/1.67 miles
Tue 5/26 - 4983 steps/2.04 miles
Wed 5/27 - 2072 steps/.85 mile

Chrys, I am so happy ti hear that about Lily. Praise God!

Sissy, so sorry you and the family are struggling. Hang in there girl.

We are slowly beginning the opening up phase here in IL with out door eating allowed beginning tomorrow. I believe I'll hold off a little for now and see how these number of cases pan out. My bible study group plans to start back up next month and I'm not feeling too good about attending just yet.

Not much walking or working out for me this week. Been pretty rainy here all week. We're supposed to start drying out tomorrow. Have a great Thursday ladies.

Old 05-28-20, 05:43 PM  
Sissy B

My WiFi is still acting up. It's out more than it's working right now. I called them today and they think the problem is on their end. They're sending a technician out to look at it on Monday afternoon. I'm trying to get this typed up quickly so I can check in before it goes out again. I'll come back and update my steps later.

We have a leak in the bedroom, one of the boot vents on the roof needs to be resealed. I noticed it Tuesday night after we had a bad storm come through. Because of the pitch of the roof it's not really something that DH can do unless he rents a man-lift even though it is a simple repair. It's $315 a day to rent the lift so we're going to see how much it would cost to have someone come out and reseal all of the roof boots - there are 5. And the refrigerator in the garage isn't cooling right again. We think it's a defrost problem with the freezer, it's freezing up and not letting the cold air circulate into the refrigerator side. It's always something.

Deb - Our Safer at Home order expires June 1 and the state is going to open back up. We'll still take precautions though.

Chrys - I'm so glad her test was negative. I hope she's feeling better.
Old 05-28-20, 05:45 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 5/25 - 4589 steps/1.94 miles
Tuesday, 5/26 - 5683 steps/2.4 miles
Wednesday, 5/27 - 4867 steps/2.06 miles

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers